Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If you were spending the day at the BC pool where would you grab a quick bite for lunch? I like to think we aren’t too picky but we had lunch at the QS of the BLT pool and we were so disappointed. The Caesar salad was horrible and for price everyone was just meh about lunch. I’m worried Hurricane Hanna’s will be similar based on reviews online…is Marketplace any better? Or am I better off going to grocery store and making our own lunches? I just feel for the price of BC you would think they could have a decent place to grab a wrap or an edible burger by the pool. Thank you!
We've had lunch at SAB and have ordered from the server. The salads are terrible but the cheeseburger is okay. We have also picked up cold sandwiches at the YC or BC marketplace. My favorite hot sandwich is the pulled pork sandwich from the BC marketplace. That is really good. :)

Really miss the days when we could wander into France just to pick up a fresh baguette and cheese plate to take back to SAB. Stupid park hopper rules. :(
Do you think now that we no longer need park reservations ( I'm sure I read that somewhere :confused3) they might do away with the after 2pm rule?

Do you think now that we no longer need park reservations ( I'm sure I read that somewhere :confused3) they might do away with the after 2pm rule?
Just FYI: No reservations for regular tickets doesn't start until 2024. It is different for APs. Something about not needing reservations for APs has already started, but not sure since I don't have one and didn't pay attention.

Just FYI: No reservations for regular tickets doesn't start until 2024. It is different for APs. Something about not needing reservations for APs has already started, but not sure since I don't have one and didn't pay attention.
Since mid-April, AP holders can hop to another park anytime of the day - except MK on Saturdays and Sundays.

Since mid-April, AP holders can hop to another park anytime of the day - except MK on Saturdays and Sundays.
I’m confused about park hopping. I thought it was now (or since mid-April) AP can park hop without having had a reservation for a first park. (Except for Saturday & Sunday at MK). I thought they still have to wait until 2, but now they don’t need to have gone to another park first. Essentially no reservations after 2pm (except for earlier caveat). The setup is confusing now—can someone clarify?

I’m confused about park hopping. I thought it was now (or since mid-April) AP can park hop without having had a reservation for a first park. (Except for Saturday & Sunday at MK). I thought they still have to wait until 2, but now they don’t need to have gone to another park first. Essentially no reservations after 2pm (except for earlier caveat). The setup is confusing now—can someone clarify?
Apologies for making a slightly confusing scenario more confusing with incorrect info. AP holders currently can enter any park after 2PM without a reservation (except for MK weekends). Sorry. The new rules announced for 2024 have me making a bad post....!

Apologies for making a slightly confusing scenario more confusing with incorrect info. AP holders currently can enter any park after 2PM without a reservation (except for MK weekends). Sorry. The new rules announced for 2024 have me making a bad post....!
Thanks. The constant changes are so confusing for everyone. Especially when they announce changes that are coming up 6 months from now, it’s difficult to keep straight what the current status is.

CL SV at YC is basically the same price as GV CL at BC. If my preference is to have the 5th sleeper and a balcony (bc preteen and teenager get annoyed with each other), would I be better off doing YC or BC?

CL SV at YC is basically the same price as GV CL at BC. If my preference is to have the 5th sleeper and a balcony (bc preteen and teenager get annoyed with each other), would I be better off doing YC or BC?
Your chances of a full balcony are better at the YC than at the BC. Bedding, I am not to sure of. I would contact Disney signature services with the request you want. I usually get a king with a sleep sofa. At BC I had two queens with a pull out but with a Juliet balcony. Disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Last edited:
Never stayed BC, but at YC we had a SV CL with 2 queens and the daybed and had a full balcony. I don’t remember the exact number but we were somewhere around 5170 + or - We looked out over the front entrance and had some trees and a view of the flagpoles and front driveway of the hotel.

As others have stated, you have a better chance of two queens and a sofa bed at YC than at BC. The fifth floor at the BC has lots of rooms with dormers. Those rooms just a little too small for the sofa bed. The Yacht Club has a regular roof which means that almost all of the rooms have the full balcony.

People who have seen the updates on the 4th and 5th floor of BCV... are they worth it if you aren't planning to use the pull-out/murphy? Thinking about which rooms to request...

We arrive at Yacht Club tomorrow 🎉🥳 is Stormalong Bay opening at 10:00 am this month? I was just curious if anyone is there now who can confirm? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter