Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just booked a BCV stay for 2018, we haven't stayed there in years, but we are very excited to stay there using our new BCV points (I will miss YC though).

September 29th to October 3rd 2018

I was thrilled to find availability at BCV at the 7 month window. Usually hard to get a stay of any decent length. Is mid-May a quiet time usually? I know get schools aren't out yet, but most universities end around mid-May.

Page 1064-1065

:welcome: to the thread.

When is your trip?

As far as the infestation issue, what is happening currently is no indication of what to expect at a later date. Unfortunately, this can be a problem anywhere, from value hotels to the finer establishments, movie theatres, restaurants.

Probably the best thing you can do no matter where you stay is to be vigilant and do an inspection of the mattress before taking out any of your stuff (good advice, although I have never followed it)

::yes::

We're at BC 1/6-1/13.

I actually do check the rooms for bugs every trip, every hotel. I've got 3 rooms this trip to do!

I actually just found out my tibia is broken and I only have like 9 weeks until our trip.....crossing my fingers that I'll be off crutches/cane by then!
I wish you a speedy recovery.

It is amazing, however, how thoughtful and courteous many people are to those with crutches and canes. The major problem is trying to move around others at the parks, especially during very crowded times.

Page 1066

Hi Dee! Here since last Thursday and agree with Tess on the board times. Buses have been pretty good. Our longest wait was returning home from a Disney Springs Sunday night (almost one hour total time from arriving at bus stop to returning to BC). I like that there is no sharing with BWI, Swan & Dolphin (it’s probably been like that for awhile now but I haven’t stayed at YC/BC since 2011). We have used Uber several times and that has been convenient when we didn’t have enough travel time to spare! Our average cost was $9/$10. Saw the Minnie Van being used but Uber definitely more popular. We only had to stand on the buses once so far and that was returning from MNSSHP last night.

Just loving the BC!! Had my Sunken Treasure on arrival day and talked with bartender Tom who was great. Parks seem more crowded than my previous F&W trips in October 2013 and 2015. Halloween party seemed more crowded too but still so much fun. Parade is the best! I noticed they increased the number of party days. During our 8 night trip there are 5 party nights meaning MK closes at 7. I would have loved to see Happily Ever After fireworks again as they were great (worth getting your spot early, which we did about an hour and 20 minutes before start, something we never do!). We were in a great location a little behind and to the left of partner statue.

Thanks for all of the great info!

Tom the bartender is awesome!

:drinking1

Hey, I have decided to change our plans and we are not going to the Beach Club next year. So my name will need to be taken off the list. We are doing four nights at the AKL instead.

I just decided to change it up and check off my #3 dream resort off the list next year. Here's my list for my Deluxe...

#1. Poly
#2. Beach or Yacht Club ✓
#3. AKL
#4. SSR
#5. WL ✓

Anyway, I know I want to get my list finished so I dont need to repeat any right now. But to everyone else heading that way, have a blast at SAB!

Thanks for letting us know. I'll make the change to the list.

Have a great trip!

:)

So sorry this has happened to you and your family!! Bedbugs are literally one of my biggest fears of travel...I had always assumed if I checked properly I would be ok...Having over 700 bugs and no bites is even scarier to me because how would you even know they were there??

Hope the rest of your trip is much better and relaxing!!

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

I'm so sad but I think I'm going to take Disney up on the offer of switching resorts for our upcoming November trip. I was looking forward to being at YC for the close proximity to EPCOT for the F&WF and for Sandstorm Bay but I can't deal with the dog policy and especially the new knowledge that EVERY room is a "DOG" room. Any recommendations for other resorts to try? I was thinking of GF or Polynesian.

Wishing you a wonderful trip wherever you end up.

:)

I was thrilled to find availability at BCV at the 7 month window. Usually hard to get a stay of any decent length. Is mid-May a quiet time usually? I know get schools aren't out yet, but most universities end around mid-May.

We have been going mid-May for a good many years and it isn't usually all that quiet. In fact, we have found it busier each and every year. Congratulations on getting BCV--it is a tough one to get at times.

Happy Birthday from powerless CT as well! Big Y coffee and WiFi for me today, with halloween candy for lunch.

Gosh, I hope you have power by now! We lost it Sunday at 10:30 just as we turned the water off for the tub. Let’s just say I reported it at least 6 times and got there were not aware message...sigh.. it came back Monday at 10:15 pm. Yesterday, Just as we were heading to our center of town at 6:30, complete blackness in a large area. There was a soccer game being played at our high school and they had to finish it today. Thankfully power came back though with in hours. But power is out or was out in a town next to us. My friends husband is a lineman and has been in ledyard and she was one of the last to get power in our town as her Road was closed.

View attachment 280882

And it's still my birthday!!!

Now to shut off all the lights I have been missing for two days and go to bed.

I look forward to reading and responding in the morning!

:banana::banana::banana:

Yay for power and WiFi!

Checked in to Yacht Club about 9 this evening. We have a standard view room and had requested a room with a day bed and view of the gazebo and got both. We are in room 2091, which has a direct line of sight view of the Epcot fireworks and looks out over the water, so very happy with the view. Sitting at Crew's Cup right now finishing up a beer and a bit of work. Have to say the food menu is fairly limited (though I knew it would be). We mentioned to our server how much we missed the truffle fries and she said she thought they were coming back as rosemary truffle fries once Ale & Compass opens. Also thought the wedge salad might return. I'll post room views at some point.

Oh, and took Uber from the airport instead of MDE. Took about 30 minutes once we picked up our luggage.

Our son stopped by the arcade then grabbed a late dinner around 10 at Beaches & Cream. I stopped by and ate a few of his fries (very good) and the place was pretty empty.

Asked about SAB hours, and it closes at 9 all this week and next for folks who are on the way.

Checked in to Yacht Club about 9 this evening. We have a standard view room and had requested a room with a day bed and view of the gazebo and got both. We are in room 2091, which has a direct line of sight view of the Epcot fireworks and looks out over the water, so very happy with the view. Sitting at Crew's Cup right now finishing up a beer and a bit of work. Have to say the food menu is fairly limited (though I knew it would be).
You were upgraded to a Garden/Woods View room!
I agree about the Crew's Cup menu - it's really been cut back. I was not pleased with the usually good burger, recently, and being brought a "medium" burger that had a thick, black charred bottom, was cooked well done, and served on a stale bun. I did not understand how the Yachstman Steakhouse could botch a hamburger. After sending it back, I was brought one that was cooked medium rare. In my mind, it was not as good as it used to be. That burger and chips were not worth over $19.00. There were only three other parties dining at a prime time, while I was there.

Last edited:
Page 1067-1068

Hello all! My sister and I are treating mom, 83 yrs old, to a week at Disney World in mid December for her to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time. Mom has allergies and severe asthma and keeps her inhaler with her at all times. We are staying at the YC, our favorite! We were not notified of the pet friendly change however as a disboard member I read about it. She called yesterday to explain she could have an attack being in a room that has had a dog left in it and mostly if the dog has been allowed on the furniture/bed. She was passed on to three people with no resolve or offer to put her in a pet free room and told her to call YC directly. After reading all the posts on various threads, I believe there are not any designated pet free rooms! The person at the YC said she understood and would put a note on our request that she was asthmatic. She told my mom that she could have stayed in a room that had a service dog in it and my mom said very true; but if she had would probably know due to breathing difficulties and would have requested a different room. The CM at the YC said call 10 days before to remind them of the request I have been to WDW 14 times with my family and have never requested a specific room and just took what I got as my kids and I spend most of our time at the parks. However taking mom, 83, this time will be very different. I tried to go in to the reservation system to add a note regarding her age and asthma difficulties but it appears I can only put in a room number. Does anyone have any thoughts on a number to request? Thanks, and as upsetting as this is, I am still holding on tight to my pixie dust!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

I agree with the suggestions from others. Call the resort 8-10 days before your trip to make sure your request is noted correctly and to request a deep cleaning of your assigned room. The number you should use for that is 407-934-7000.

:cool1:

So I ended up getting a little tearful last night over this bloomin' "dog policy" that Disney foolishly decided to bring out with no prior notice.

I'd love some advice from you guys.

My boyfriend and I have been planning our dream WDW vacation for so long and were so excited to be at Yacht Club. We absolutely love YC, LOVE the location, the pool, the look of the new rooms!

I love dogs and have lived with dogs most of my life. However, my boyfriend has MAJOR dog anxiety - he was attacked when he was young and is now genuinely terrified of dogs and does all he can to avoid them (e.g. he'd cross the road to avoid being on the sidewalk with an on-coming dog). I haven't told him about this policy as I know it would FREAK him out. But I feel bad and know I should tell him. However, one part of me wonders if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill; we arrive in 3 weeks and maybe it's too early since the policy was introduced for there to be lots of people making use of it so I'm holding out hope that there won't actually be any dogs.

However, who knows. Do you think we should switch? Or "risk it"? Do you think I should tell him about this or would that just give him anxiety, possibly unnecessarily since there could be service dogs anyway?

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for November.

:goodvibes

So sorry to hear this new policy is causing you so much stress over your upcoming trip. I agree with the others who advise that you do warn your boyfriend so you can discuss how to prepare for the trip.

We have decided to make the switch to BC due to our kids' extreme fear of strangers' dogs. Dee, the dates will be the same but BC garden view now. Thanks!!

Duly noted! I'll make the change.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
What's does the Uber ride cost approximately ?

To give you a general idea, it cost me $27.46 from BoardWalk to MCO in September. That does not include the tip. I tipped in cash. But my notes say that was an Uber X (smallest size, seats up to 4) not an XL (seats up to 6). I was by myself because I had met up with friends who were leaving on different days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter