Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

For those concerned about the new dog policy at the YC, I recommend calling the phone number posted by @natebenma, which will connect you with a CM who can make special notations in your reservation about dog allergies, etc., as well as place room location requests.

I would suggest requesting "high floor, far away from dog area, and near main elevators/lobby."

Southwest booking window now open for travel through August 6, 2018.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked prices for our June trip and they were low. But I just can't bring myself to buy them yet.

The annual passholder discount for January to April is out and we just saved an additional 10% over the general public discount that we had before for our BC SV room. That's as cheap as the travel agency deals we sometimes book. :)

The annual passholder discount for January to April is out and we just saved an additional 10% over the general public discount that we had before for our BC SV room. That's as cheap as the travel agency deals we sometimes book. :)

Marathon weekend being so close to the holidays really screwed with prices this year. Been looking forward to AP rates but there's such limited availability for that weekend that we ended up not saving any money over the RO discount we had already booked. Oh well. Better luck next time! lol

Thanks for the heads up. I checked prices for our June trip and they were low. But I just can't bring myself to buy them yet.

I checked for our June trip. They were pretty good (a bit over $1200 for six round trip tickets). But I’ve managed to convince my husband to drive. I said I’d drive and he could fly with the younger ones, but he said we all drive or we all fly.

My TA got back to me with June offers for BC. It’s about $140 per night over what we would pay if we visited in mid-August. With high school sports in the mix now, the weeks leading up to school won’t really work for us anymore. A friend and I will be staying at CSR for five nights this month, so I’m hoping I can book a better deal with a bounce back.

Just got back from a 5 night stay at YC, we were room 2114 which was the second floor front corner room. There are 5 of us so we had 2 queens and a couch/daybed.

The 'TV' side of the room had 2 windows on it which was nice but the downside was that corner was right near maintenance and I could frequently hear them early in the morning. Not enough for me to complain though.

I am pretty sure that corner room might be 1' or so wider than normal rooms based on the pictures. There was a lot of space between the beds and the dressers.

I really liked the renovated rooms but that flooring can get annoying with the sand and everything else you track in your room. I noticed my feet were black from dirt and the only time I didn't wear shoes was in the room.

No dogs to be seen in the resort. Saw a few service dogs outside and around the boardwalk but I expect that anywhere.

I found the YC market to be a bit lacking in options compared to BC. Multiple times I walked over to the BC market for items like: Mickey Waffles, Bottle of Wine/alcohol(YC doesn't have full white bottles), better snack selection, etc. With that said YC had some higher end food choices like a Cheese platter and a charcuterie platter. YC also had 'action stations' each night with a different food item prepared.

It was pretty cold when we were there and interestingly on the chilly days there were no wristband checks at SAB. When it was nicer, they were checking.

All in all, our second trip to Disney in 8 months. We did an easter trip for 7 days at Contemporary. While I loved the walk to MK from Cont. I think I actually like YC better. The pool, the location to Epcot and Hollywood, the boardwalk, all combined make it a great spot for us and our kids.

Oh yeah, I also took about 8 minnie vans, so if you have questions on that, I am well versed on them.

On our last visit a few weeks ago, we had breakfast at Yachtsman and I had the steel cut oatmeal brûlée.

Steel-cut Oatmeal Brûlée
Brandied Bananas, Dried Cranberries, and Sweet Cream

Just saw that the Yachtsman will not be serving breakfast after November.
It was so darn delicious.
Does anyone know where else it is served for breakfast???
We are going in April and staying at the Poly this trip but I was planning on having breakfast at the Yacht Club
just for the steel cut oatmeal brûlée.
Thanks!
That sounds delicious!!!!

Our son stopped by the arcade then grabbed a late dinner around 10 at Beaches & Cream. I stopped by and ate a few of his fries (very good) and the place was pretty empty.

Asked about SAB hours, and it closes at 9 all this week and next for folks who are on the way.
9pm? :( so sad! was hoping for 10pm close as I'd love to use the spa after a night in the parks!

We have been going mid-May for a good many years and it isn't usually all that quiet. In fact, we have found it busier each and every year. Congratulations on getting BCV--it is a tough one to get at times.

Thanks. I was surprised that I got it. More surprising was how many DVC choices were available at the 7 month window. I'm not complaining :)

I'm still showing the last date as 6/5, for some reason. Cleared out cookies and everything...
Post on Twitter from @SouthwestAir:
We are aware of an issue involving booking flights beyond June 6, 2017. We're working on it and hope to have it fixed as soon as we can.
12:43 PM - 2 Nov 2017

There was a very small window, early, this morning, when flights were bookable into August. It's the great Southwest IT, again!

These work great for small spurts but holy cow if you are stuck using it for long periods they are not the best. Knee hurts from the "pad" , hip of leg doing all the work kills after a bit, and everyone not paying attention hits foot etc.
Spent 3 months using one and while my foot and leg were strong as all get out...my back from leaning to steer and hip and knee were not happy, and uneven surfaces aren't great either. I can see it working with a little kid who is light but for adults who are taller etc I'd do an electric scooter before a knee scooter at disney.
Well, now that I have personal experience with this thing, I'm sorry I even brought up this "devil's device!" Not only does the pads kill the knees, it's unsteady, and hard to control on inclines. And there are so many cracks and bumps in the side walks, I flipped the one I was using, landing on the knee of the leg with the bad foot. I ended up putting my other leg/knee on it , and pushing along with the injured foot, which worked pretty well since all my weight was off it...however, my good leg knee suffered.

I finally parked this evil monster in a corner of the room and covered it so we don't have to look at it!

My toes are doing better, so I'm able to hobble along fairly well.

Well, now that I have personal experience with this thing, I'm sorry I even brought up this "devil's device!" Not only does the pads kill the knees, it's unsteady, and hard to control on inclines. And there are so many cracks and bumps in the side walks, I flipped the one I was using, landing on the knee of the leg with the bad foot. I ended up putting my other leg/knee on it , and pushing along with the injured foot, which worked pretty well since all my weight was off it...however, my good leg knee suffered.

I finally parked this evil monster in a corner of the room and covered it so we don't have to look at it!

My toes are doing better, so I'm able to hobble along fairly well.
So sorry for your problems!
Have you thought of trying a cane for some support/balance? You can get an adjustable cane that will fit to your height. The fold-up canes are nice, as they will collapse to about 25% of the full height, when not needed.

So sorry for your problems!
Have you thought of trying a cane for some support/balance? You can get an adjustable cane that will fit to your height. The fold-up canes are nice, as they will get down in size to about 25% of the full height, when not needed.
Thanks, I purchased a beautiful cane in AK, and it did work pretty well. Unfortunately, I had it hanging from the handlebars of t h e scooter, and it was broken beyond repair when I flipped the scooter. Since I'm able to get around pretty well now, and leaving for home on Saturday, I'm thinking we'll do ok the way we're going. Hardest part is standing for a long time. Bus stops are the worst - have never seen such bad scheduling, especially at MK. But, thats another whole post.

Please add us to March 5-11, 2018. Decided at the last minute, as an AP holder, to see what the discounts were like for Spring. We've never been for the Flower and Garden, if anyone wants to share their experiences, that would be great. Also taking a chance on this"Deluxe Room, Club level" category at the yacht club. Again, anyone with experience with this room category, please share. Pix would be great!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter