Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi - can anyone tell me if there's a current bounceback at the BCR? thanks!

It is the same room discount bounceback that has been available since October. Apparently Y& B are not putting the info in the rooms now, but that doesn't mean there is no offer or that you aren't eligible. Call 8844 from your room phone & ask for the current offer details.

It is the same room discount bounceback that has been available since October. Apparently Y& B are not putting the info in the rooms now, but that doesn't mean there is no offer or that you aren't eligible. Call 8844 from your room phone & ask for the current offer details.
When we were there 2/2 I called and asked about BC for one night 9/21 and they quoted me 377 and some change for a standard. You have until 10:00PM on your check out date to book :)

My husband and I will be staying at the Beach Club August 31st-Sept 4th~! We have never stayed here before and I'm curious how much extra time we will want for playing at SAB... would any of you experienced adults be able to tell me if a few hours is sufficient or do you find yourself swimming more here than you would at the Poly or other pools?

It doesn't seem like there are a lot of options for hot breakfast at the quick service place since we aren't fond of the waffles (don't hurt me, lol!) but maybe the breakfast sandwich is really good..? Is there a better option for a hot protein heavy breakfast?
We stayed at BC for the first time in September and we spent every afternoon of our trip at SAB - it was amazing and so relaxing! We did the parks at rope drop, left around 12:30-1pm and spent a few hours at SAB and then we headed back to the parks for the rest of the evening. During that time of year, the heat can be brutal so this worked best for us. That pool is the one of the best things about YC/BC.

YC in-room refurb notice_02.2017.jpg There is an in-room notice concerning the ongoing construction at the YC. The message includes notification of possible water outages, as well as warning to let the water run awhile, prior to using. Don't drink the water?

Last edited:
Express Fresh Pilot to Begin February 7 at Yacht Club (and Contemporary Resort)

In Walt Disney World‘s continuing quest to bring as many different food options to their guests as possible, a new option will be piloted at two on-property resort hotels beginning February 7 through April 1, 2017.

Express Fresh, a quick and casual option to complement the regular in-room dining menu will be offered at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. Express Fresh will offer select quick and casual meal options that will be presented at the guest’s resort room door in disposable containers. Guests will see a separate insert along with the traditional in-room dining options.

The service provides quick service, delivered right to your guest room. The food is delivered in a decorated paper shopping bag, complete with upgraded plastic utensils. Delivery time is quoted at 30-35 minutes, but will probably end up at about half of that time.

Kids Tuna Sandwich

Carrot sticks not pictured but included with the meal

Per information included on the menu:

A three-dollar delivery charge, applicable sales tax, and 18% service charge will be added to all orders.

It also notes two table credits for those on Disney Dining Plan, per person, including gratuities.

Last edited:
View attachment 220292 There is an in-room notice concerning the ongoing construction at the YC. The message includes notification of possible water outages, as well as warning to let the water run awhile, prior to using. Don't drink the water?

:eek::confused::eek: We are staying 4 nights at the YC in August (8/23-8/27). We got the email that there could be some construction noise but it didn't mention anything about water interruption or discolored water. I hope that would not effect us at that time. To be honest, I am hoping most of the construction will be done by the end of August.

We have a stay booked at the YC June 3 - 10. We've enjoyed many on site stays at Disney, but this is our first at the YC. I was very excited to book here, until I got the refurb news. I'm trying to decide whether to cancel or keep the reservation.

We ended up at WL last summer during renovations, so when I booked this trip last September, I specifically asked if there were any refurbs planned for our stay. I was told no. I had to make some adjustments, add the Magical Express, etc. so during each call, I've asked about the refurbs (which I saw online) and no less than 4 times, I was assured there were no refurbs affecting our stay. I was consistently told by CMs everything was to be completed at the end of May. And last night, I get the email informing me that, in fact, our stay is during the refurb process. I called and, of course, was told that due to limited availability at others resorts, I couldn't be moved at this time.

Very disappointed that Captain's Grille will be closed, as we planned to take advantage of a very convenient breakfast buffet. I'm also wondering what areas will be affected while we're there? It says some pathways will be unavailable, etc. It appears to me that the locations for mug refills are not convenient, as well as not many choices for QS meals. I'm concerned about the location of many things...it looks like it'll be a hike to get a refill, a QS, or a Table Service. These concerns, in addition to the refurb, are making me feel that I made a huge mistake in choosing this resort.

We are Disney lovers, and know that we walk many miles during our trips so it isn't the walking to places that concerns me, it is the time involved to do simple things, like grab a drink or a snack. Or being re-routed due to pathways/hallways/elevators being unavailable. Also, I think I'd be disappointed if we got an "older" room, knowing that new rooms were just completed.

Lastly, I am in a cardiac rehab program, and I have to utilize the gym 5 days per week, so the gym being available is a MUST. I was going to request being located close to the gym (I have to do 40 minutes as it is, so any time not spent just getting there is helpful!). But do I want a room closer to the gym, even if it's an "older" room?

My main reason for staying here was SAB...and we have 5 people and the rooms accommodate our party size nicely. I decided against the Water Park tickets because of SAB ~ we really enjoy our afternoon pool time!

Anyone who has visited during this refurb that has any input is appreciated!

We have a stay booked at the YC June 3 - 10. We've enjoyed many on site stays at Disney, but this is our first at the YC. I was very excited to book here, until I got the refurb news. I'm trying to decide whether to cancel or keep the reservation.

Very disappointed that Captain's Grille will be closed, as we planned to take advantage of a very convenient breakfast buffet. I'm also wondering what areas will be affected while we're there? It says some pathways will be unavailable, etc. It appears to me that the locations for mug refills are not convenient, as well as not many choices for QS meals. I'm concerned about the location of many things...it looks like it'll be a hike to get a refill, a QS, or a Table Service. These concerns, in addition to the refurb, are making me feel that I made a huge mistake in choosing this resort.

We are Disney lovers, and know that we walk many miles during our trips so it isn't the walking to places that concerns me, it is the time involved to do simple things, like grab a drink or a snack. Or being re-routed due to pathways/hallways/elevators being unavailable. Also, I think I'd be disappointed if we got an "older" room, knowing that new rooms were just completed.

Lastly, I am in a cardiac rehab program, and I have to utilize the gym 5 days per week, so the gym being available is a MUST. I was going to request being located close to the gym (I have to do 40 minutes as it is, so any time not spent just getting there is helpful!). But do I want a room closer to the gym, even if it's an "older" room?

My main reason for staying here was SAB...and we have 5 people and the rooms accommodate our party size nicely. I decided against the Water Park tickets because of SAB ~ we really enjoy our afternoon pool time!

By June 2017, I would think they should be about 60% done with the room refurbs. It appears as though the work is being completed floor-by-floor, from the 5th floor, down. By June, the revamped Fittings and Fairings may be open; that is the merchandise/gift shop in the YC. It is scheduled to have a mug refill station, as well as food options, which are currently not available. The Captain's Grille will be operating in temporary quarters, at that time, at Ariel's,which is less than a five minute walk from the normal location.

The Spa at the YC has a fitness center, which you can use.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/spas/beach-club-resort/ship-shape-health-club/

About 5-7 days prior to your arrival, contact Disney reservations (if you booked directly through Disney) and place some special room requests. You may want to consider the following: Newly remodeled room, near elevator, away from construction.

The YC is a beautiful resort, and SAB is like a mini water park.

If you have any issues while there, go to the front desk for assistance. The CMs almost always try to be responsive to guests' problems and concerns. I believe that you will not be sorry that you booked a stay at the YC.

By June 2017, I would think they should be about 60% done with the room refurbs. It appears as though the work is being completed floor-by-floor, from the 5th floor, down. By June, the revamped Fittings and Fairings may be open; that is the merchandise/gift shop in the YC. It is scheduled to have a mug refill station, as well as food options, which are currently not available. The Captain's Grille will be operating in temporary quarters, at that time, at Ariel's,which is less than a five minute walk from the normal location.

The Spa at the YC has a fitness center, which you can use.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/spas/beach-club-resort/ship-shape-health-club/

About 5-7 days prior to your arrival, contact Disney reservations (if you booked directly through Disney) and place some special room requests. You may want to consider the following: Newly remodeled room, near elevator, away from construction.

The YC is a beautiful resort, and SAB is like a mini water park.

If you have any issues while there, go to the front desk for assistance. The CMs almost always try to be responsive to guests' problems and concerns. I believe that you will not be sorry that you booked a stay at the YC.
Thank you! You were more helpful than the CM last night. I appreciate your response!

Thank you! You were more helpful than the CM last night. I appreciate your response!
We're there those exact same dates! Did your signature say at one point you have a 12 year old DS? If that's the case and he'd like an SAB buddy, my 11 year old DS knows his way around and LOVES it. :-)

page 789

I just received an email regarding my YC stay. I know that some people are wondering if the breakfast buffet will be available at Ariel's during the relocation. It will NOT.

"Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace."

Thanks for sharing that info!

:thumbsup2

I am trying to decide between BC and YC for our stay with a family of 5 11/4 - 11/11.
BC currently has a standard room that is slightly cheaper than YC but YC only has Garden/Woods view availability. I would prefer a Standard view because I think those are usually cheaper. I wondered if there was a convention or something taking up all of the Standard view rooms so I check a number of different days/months at YC and Standard view never had availability. Anyone know why?
I was leaning towards YC because I think there would be a possibility of a better discount on the YC rooms (25%) vs. 10%-15% at BC. I know it is not a sure thing to get the discount but I want to maximize my odds of getting the cheapest room possible at either BC or YC.
Any advice?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

:cool1:

It is hard to know (or even guess) which resort will release the better discounts.

I am not positive, but usually when discount is released, it doesn't necessarily matter that you have already booked a room at one resort or the other. I think there has to be availability for that discount for whatever room type is available in the offer.

So I guess you could book whatever resort is offering the best deal now or book at the resort you think you would enjoy more.

The Yacht Club room renovation should be complete (although no guarantees) at the time of your trip, so that may be a factor for you. All but one room (a club level room) have full balconies at the Yacht Club, so if that is important to you, you may want to book there. Only 50% of the BC rooms have full balconies where you can sit out with a table and chairs. BC is ever-so-slightly closer to EPCOT, YC is closer to the boat dock and to Hollywood Studios.

Good luck with your booking decision and discount!

:goodvibes

My husband and I will be staying at the Beach Club August 31st-Sept 4th~! We have never stayed here before and I'm curious how much extra time we will want for playing at SAB... would any of you experienced adults be able to tell me if a few hours is sufficient or do you find yourself swimming more here than you would at the Poly or other pools?

It doesn't seem like there are a lot of options for hot breakfast at the quick service place since we aren't fond of the waffles (don't hurt me, lol!) but maybe the breakfast sandwich is really good..? Is there a better option for a hot protein heavy breakfast?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

You are going at a great time of year to take advantage of afternoon pool breaks. Stormalong Bay has lots to do- lazy river, fun slide, activities pool and pretty pools for swimming with waterfalls. See Posts 2 and 3 on this thread for lots of pictures and info about the pools.

For the current breakfast offerings, you can go to the Beach Club Marketplace, Ale & Compass and possibly the Express Fresh option will be continued, maybe even for pickup in the lobby. We don't have much info about the planned offerings in the Fittings and Fairings Gift Shop at YC or with other planned lounge expansions. I try to keep the Dining Post 7 on Page 1 updated with the restaurant and quick serve options at the resort. There are often changes and trial offerings like last summer when grab and go breakfast options were available at Hurricane Hanna's

::yes::

We're there those exact same dates! Did your signature say at one point you have a 12 year old DS? If that's the case and he'd like an SAB buddy, my 11 year old DS knows his way around and LOVES it. :-)
Oh that is so sweet of you...after I posted, I saw my signature and realized I hadn't updated that in a LONG TIME! My boys are now 20 & 15. Where does the time go?!?! I'm going to keep the reservation and go with a positive attitude that it's going to be great! Thank you so much for alleviating some reservations on my part!

Oh that is so sweet of you...after I posted, I saw my signature and realized I hadn't updated that in a LONG TIME! My boys are now 20 & 15. Where does the time go?!?! I'm going to keep the reservation and go with a positive attitude that it's going to be great! Thank you so much for alleviating some reservations on my part!
LOL!!! If you figure out where the time goes, let me know because I sure can't!!! :smickey:

Hi everyone!!

I had a question about SAB that I really haven't found a good answer for despite all my readings. Are pool chairs difficult to come by, in the sense we'd have to be there almost at pool open? We (2 people) love to swim but have never spent much time at the pool. We usually stay at values and I find the atmosphere a lot less relaxing, and I hate the fact that I feel like I'm on top of 10 other people while sitting down. I know it will definitely be crowded, but if we come back for an afternoon swim, is it going to be a giant headache to find somewhere to sit? We have no children so no need to be directly AT/in the direct view of the water, and I don't really care what area I plop down but I just want to brace myself for a long search if that's the usual case. We will be there 5/30-6/4, so during warmer weather. I'm sure seating is generally easier to find at the quiet pools but with such a legendary pool as SAB I am sure we will spend most of our time there.

ETA: I feel like this came off snobby and I really apologize, it was never meant that way. I love the values and often stay at them! I find their pools very fun and themed very cute but the pool-chair-shimmy is one that isn't my favorite. I am sure no one wants me so close to them as I try to maneuver my chair hahaha

Are you staying at the Beach Club or Yacht Club? I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list- Page 1, Post 15

Thank you again! We are staying at Beach Club 8/24-8/31 and can't wait! We've been trying to get in here for while using our DVC points but have been unable to secure a reservation. This will be our first time and who doesn't love the location, the pool, and everything else the YC/BC has to offer!?!?!

We ended up at WL last summer during renovations, so when I booked this trip last September, I specifically asked if there were any refurbs planned for our stay. I was told no. I had to make some adjustments, add the Magical Express, etc. so during each call, I've asked about the refurbs (which I saw online) and no less than 4 times, I was assured there were no refurbs affecting our stay. I was consistently told by CMs everything was to be completed at the end of May. And last night, I get the email informing me that, in fact, our stay is during the refurb process. I called and, of course, was told that due to limited availability at others resorts, I couldn't be moved at this time.

Given your long list of concerns, I truly think you might be happier if you chose another resort. I'm sorry that you asked 4 times and were told no, but often the CM's themselves don't even know. I know in a later thread you said you were ok, but consider what will make you happy carefully. If the YC does not work this trip,it will be there for the next one :-)

Captain's Grille will be relocated to Ariel's which is just a bit further on in the Beach Club. But it will not have a buffet during that time.

Mug refills and QS are currently at Beach Club Marketplace, which is a good 10 - 15 minute walk away. But they are being added to Fittings and Fairing at the YC and I bet they will be available for your trip. But be aware that the YC/BC do not currently have a traditional food court type of QS like Roaring Forks at the WL. It is limited options, whether it is refurb or not.

There will likely be a mix of new and old rooms during your stay. Getting a new room will be the luck of the draw, all though you can request one. If this is going to disappoint you it is a consideration.
The workout area is in the central area between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club. It is not real close to any rooms, but not a bad walk either.

Unless there is some emergency work necessary, it is highly unlikely that there would be refurb or maintenance at SAB during your stay.
Good Luck with your decision.

Hi everyone!!

I had a question about SAB that I really haven't found a good answer for despite all my readings. Are pool chairs difficult to come by, in the sense we'd have to be there almost at pool open? We (2 people) love to swim but have never spent much time at the pool. We usually stay at values and I find the atmosphere a lot less relaxing, and I hate the fact that I feel like I'm on top of 10 other people while sitting down. I know it will definitely be crowded, but if we come back for an afternoon swim, is it going to be a giant headache to find somewhere to sit? We have no children so no need to be directly AT/in the direct view of the water, and I don't really care what area I plop down but I just want to brace myself for a long search if that's the usual case. We will be there 5/30-6/4, so during warmer weather. I'm sure seating is generally easier to find at the quiet pools but with such a legendary pool as SAB I am sure we will spend most of our time there.

ETA: I feel like this came off snobby and I really apologize, it was never meant that way. I love the values and often stay at them! I find their pools very fun and themed very cute but the pool-chair-shimmy is one that isn't my favorite. I am sure no one wants me so close to them as I try to maneuver my chair hahaha

At peak afternoon times, chairs can sometimes a bit hard to come by. But the pool deck is huge. So you might need to look around a bit & settle for 1 chair to share. There is an area on the far side of the kiddie area which is often less crowded. And an elevated area that is less popular too. So it might take a few minutes, but you should definitely be able to find something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter