Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi DISers :)

I usually stay at the Yacht & Beach Club. This year I'll be staying in a 2 Bedroom Beach Club Villa. Does anyone have any recommendations as to room requests with the Villas? I have the option to pre Check-In. Before I do that, I wanted to get some feedback first. Thanks in Advance. Two more weeks!!! :)

Good morning all, just a brief appearance to say Checked In! Board meetings are over, the room was ready when I checked in this morning, pack n' play has been delivered, and mugs picked up. Just waiting for the wife and kids to get here and the vacation has officially begun. We're in room 4086, looking down on, what I believe to be the quiet pool. Now I'm off to the airport so I can ride in on MDE with the family. I miss the kids after being away on business for five days and I can't wait to get this party started.
I love this post! It made me smile! I can just feel your joy and excitement. Have a magical time!

Hi DISers :)

I usually stay at the Yacht & Beach Club. This year I'll be staying in a 2 Bedroom Beach Club Villa. Does anyone have any recommendations as to room requests with the Villas? I have the option to pre Check-In. Before I do that, I wanted to get some feedback first. Thanks in Advance. Two more weeks!!! :)

There are no terrific room views at the BCV like at some other resorts - Boardwalk View at BWV, Savannah view at AKV etc.
The Villas building was added in the prior cast parking lot and it is behind the main BC. No lagoon view or anything special. We just think about what we like and request that - for example first floor, near elevator. Or higher floor Woods view etc.
That said, the BCV run close to capacity at all times. A room that meets your requests would have to be open for the length of your stay the morning you checkin for it to be assigned to you. I have never received my BCV Villa requests. But I have never been disappointed in my view either.
Good Luck

First of all it was not a group it was a wife and husband, and it was only 10 minutes before they said something. We were planning on about an hour as they had to leave.

Obviously you did not know that what you were doing was wrong so there is no blame there. If anyone tries to tell you that you SHOULD have known then they are wrong also. That is a completely unreasonable expectation and sometimes the "Experts" in the "know" lose sight of that concept.

What was wrong was the unprofessional way that the club level staff handled the matter. I would definitely shoot an email to Guest Services and write about how you were treated. Try to be as specific with the date, time and descriptions of the CM's that were talking to to you in a rude manner.

I would send a copy to BOTH Guest Services AND the resort manager.

Here is the contact information:

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Cosmo Kapoor, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Sending correspondence about this rude behavior is the only way that management has to address it with the perpetrator(s). Remember, try to be as specific as you can with your description of the Cast Member. Your efforts will not be ignored.

~NM

We just book Dec 26-Jan 2nd with fantastic rate with our travel agent. We are DVC members but ran out of points this year. Any experience with being there during this super busy week? Does BC do anything special during this week? We are very familiar with BC and have stayed many times in villas. This will be our first in the hotel side of the resort. Can't wait!!!

Hi Everyone!! Checking in to get on the BOG list. Just booked YC CL for 2 nights in May before our cruise on the Fantasy. Loved our stay at BC last year and very excited to try YC!! Hoping the majority of the room renovations are done by that time. :thumbsup2

Hi I am very excited to ask that we be added to the Be Our Guest list - we are staying for one night on 22September 2017, after disembarking from a Halloween in the High seas cruise on the Disney Dream - I have always wanted to stay at the Yacht Club and as a surprise for our daughters 21st birthday and to make getting off the Disney Dream bearable, I have booked one night!

Jo

Woo hoo just booked our annual Labor Day trip. Sept 3rd thru Sept 10 Beach Club. Can't wait!!!
What did they give you for a price? I just got my quote for a standard room BC or YC for dates Aug. 15-19, 2017 and it works out to $254.25 a night. Big jump from what I paid last summer which was $214.88 a night.

Got a favor to ask, can someone who is there or is going in the near future please post a picture of this year's Carousel (BC) and Train (YC) displays? I need my YC/BC Christmas fix.
Thank you
Katesdad
We will be visiting the BC and YC in just two weeks from tomorrow. I love the chocolate carousel. It is amazing in its detail. And it smells great. :lovestruc We haven't seen the train display yet, but will definitely check it out during this trip.

I hope someone with a real camera takes some pictures for you before we get there. :)

Looks like if you want anything shipped to your resort its going to cost you an additional $5.00, according to another website!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

page 728

Back last night from our four-day F&WF weekend. We booked water view at the BC, and were assigned room 4617. Great view, full balcony, two queen beds, day bed, connecting door, and only a few rooms down, straight down the hall from the elevators. Great at night for tired feet!

*snip*

Dee, I already posted the room photo and description in the BC view thread - what a great room it was!

:sunny:

Thank you so much for sharing the thoughts about your trip. I really appreciate you posting the info about your room here and on the view thread.

:goodvibes

Marketplace has the refillable mugs with handles. The change back happened within the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for letting us know.

::yes::

Hello everyone! Finally got caught up - sort of. read from post 701 and think I skipped most of August and September. We are heading back next week and I have never been so unprepared for a trip. EVER. Little worried. Been swamped between work and private school/preschool applications.

We are staying November 26- December 3, YC. November 24-26, POR (great deal through agency and decided to come down two nights earlier!!! super excited!)

Any tips for split stay luggage transportation? I thought I read that you can leave luggage with Bell services at hotel (POR) and they will handle moving it to YC for us so we can go and enjoy HS and not worry. Any ideas if that is correct?

I am concerned about Raglan Road since several of you mentioned the food was disappointing. Did something change at the restaurant? I was there in May and it was delicious.

Sorry if this has been discussed at length. Showers by the pool?!?! That's great. I assume we can use them before we leave on check out day after a last minute pool dip. Any idea on the construction status?

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

When I was there a few weeks ago, they had just started preparing for the work on the poolside showerroom. I have not heard anything since then about it. Don't know the completion date.

Have a fantastic trip- hope you are feeling a little better and prepared for your trip now.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
page 729

Video review of Beaches and Cream posted by the disunplugged podcast team:

Thanks for posting that here!

I'll add the video to the Dining Post on Page 1.

:thumbsup2

We got back from our one night stay at the Yacht Club last night. Our room was 3164. Although the view from the balcony was of the hotel's drop-off, it was a corner room, so we also had a couple of windows on the side wall. Also the room matched my request (very close to the elevator, and ready when we arrive), so that was good.

Glad to hear you were satisfied with the room assignment.

::yes::

Just got back on Monday from another amazing BC stay:goodvibes I saw people asking about the arcade and it is open, but I didn't see mentioned that the takeout counter for Beaches & Cream is now located inside it. The first day for this was last Monday or Tuesday. (The days run together when you're in paradise:rotfl:) It's a little odd with a makeshift counter plopped in the corner of the arcade. I have to say that the ice cream is pretty lackluster. We ordered cookie sandwiches and they are nothing like the ones you receive in the parks which are on giant fresh cookies. I'm pretty sure these were made with the little prepackaged cookies you get with a kids QS meal:crazy2: and cost the same. The trip across the lake to Ample Hills is definitely worth it if you're an ice cream fan. We're booked to come back in August and can't wait :banana:BC is our absolute favorite!

Glad you had a terrific BC stay.

Thanks for sharing the info about the arcade and the Beaches & Cream takeout counter. I agree- weird.

I don't have you on the list for August so I will add you.

:cool1:

14 days I will be back "home" on my Epcot side. My younger kiddos will be chillin' at Sandcastle Club while DD10 and I go to see DS15 sing at the CP. I am so happy with this switch. GF was nice and DH and I has a Grand weekend, but I just wasn't feelin' the MK side as much as I was missing the Epcot side.

11/30-12/2 YC LV CL

I have you on the list, but need to tweak your resort info.

You must be getting so excited about this special trip!!!

party:

We just book Dec 26-Jan 2nd with fantastic rate with our travel agent. We are DVC members but ran out of points this year. Any experience with being there during this super busy week? Does BC do anything special during this week? We are very familiar with BC and have stayed many times in villas. This will be our first in the hotel side of the resort. Can't wait!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I know there have been some special activities at the resort Christmas week in the past. This year's activities have not been announced yet. If you go to Post 4 on Page 1, you can see a link to some past Activities Schedules from past years to give you an idea of what has been offered previously.

:santa:

Hi Everyone!! Checking in to get on the BOG list. Just booked YC CL for 2 nights in May before our cruise on the Fantasy. Loved our stay at BC last year and very excited to try YC!! Hoping the majority of the room renovations are done by that time. :thumbsup2

:welcome: back

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Hi I am very excited to ask that we be added to the Be Our Guest list - we are staying for one night on 22September 2017, after disembarking from a Halloween in the High seas cruise on the Disney Dream - I have always wanted to stay at the Yacht Club and as a surprise for our daughters 21st birthday and to make getting off the Disney Dream bearable, I have booked one night!

Jo

:welcome:

Happy to add you to the list.

Sounds like a wonderful plan and trip.

:cool2:

Woo hoo just booked our annual Labor Day trip. Sept 3rd thru Sept 10 Beach Club. Can't wait!!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

I got to do my fast passes on Friday and online check in. Getting really excited for our first stay at BCV.

I know standard check in is 4pm but I am hoping for a slightly earlier check in. (2 or 3). I also ordered Garden Grocer which is a required 4:30-5:30 drop off. Do we have to wait around or can we head to Epcot and pick up later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter