Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We're doing a split-stay between BC and BCV for Marathon Weekend in January (one night at BC, then transferring over to BCV). What do y'all advise I do with luggage? When I check-in, can I just have bell services hold my larger bag until we move to the villa on Friday? Or should I just leave it in the car until Friday?

I was hoping to just have to worry about a small bag with toiletries, running gear, sleep stuff and pool attire for the Thursday stay at BC (most members of my party will be arriving late, late, late on Thursday night). Also - is there a way to have their checked bags held until check-in for the Villa on Friday? They land at 11 p.m. and 12:15 a.m. respectively, so I highly doubt they'd get checked luggage before the morning anyway ...

Sorry if these are dumb questions - I'm a resort/DME newbie!

I don't know if you can leave your luggage at Bell Services when you check it on Thursday.
But the guests who arrive late - after midnight can ask to not have their luggage delivered until the morning. Bell Services at YC/BC do work 24/7 so it will be delivered unless you request to have it held. Be sure to put the Do Not Disturb sign on your door.

We had no idea that you could not bring a guest to see your room and enjoy some cake for an hour. If we were in the wrong ok, but the way they handled it was COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. Obviously they were never taught how to be discreet. They could have pulled me aside and explained the rules and I would not have had a problem with that. I thought concierge was supposed to bend over backwards to make your stay as enjoyable as it can be. Obviously I was wrong because they sure knew how to ruin it. We had no idea that her friends were there it was just a chance thing and not like it was a habit of ours of bring whoever we met at the pool up.

We stayed club level Oct 14-19. Something just did not seem right the whole trip. It was as if there had been a change over in management from our last stay. staying on club level it was like we were being watched the whole time. We did not do the parks so we were at the resort a lot. My wife was celebrating her 40th birthday and we had a cake ordered at the boardwalk. It happened that she had some friends from high school that she had not seen in along time there so we invited them over to celebrate her birthday in the lounge. She had a beautiful cake and all was good until a cast member came over and started berating us in front of everybody for having our friends up for an hour or so. I was so disgusted. Storm along bay is way overdue for a refurb. we had the same problem with the adult hot tub. It was COLD. The other one was hot but the jets did not work and the kids were jumping in it. They both had a low water level. Went over to the quiet pool and the hot tub was low and the jets barely worked. Was extremely disappoint with the stay and will be looking for a new resort as out favorite.

Thanks for letting us know about your trip.

So sorry to hear about your issues and disappointment.

I agree with your second post- although you are not supposed to bring others who are not staying club level up to your room or the lounge, it sounds like it was handled poorly. As you say, speaking to you privately would have been a better approach.

I'm not sure if others have done this or not, but I would suggest in a similar situation, it would be best to ask the club level CMs if it would be ok to bring up your friends to join in the celebration and enjoy some cake that you provided. My guess is that it would have been handled differently if they knew why non-club guests were there.

::yes::

I don't know if you can leave your luggage at Bell Services when you check it on Thursday.
But the guests who arrive late - after midnight can ask to not have their luggage delivered until the morning. Bell Services at YC/BC do work 24/7 so it will be delivered unless you request to have it held. Be sure to put the Do Not Disturb sign on your door.

Thanks! I've never done it before (and have never needed to), so it's hard for me to tell two newbies what to do when I have no experience! Thanks again!!

We're doing a split-stay between BC and BCV for Marathon Weekend in January (one night at BC, then transferring over to BCV). What do y'all advise I do with luggage? When I check-in, can I just have bell services hold my larger bag until we move to the villa on Friday? Or should I just leave it in the car until Friday?

Yes. Bell Services will hold your bags until Friday.

I was hoping to just have to worry about a small bag with toiletries, running gear, sleep stuff and pool attire for the Thursday stay at BC (most members of my party will be arriving late, late, late on Thursday night). Also - is there a way to have their checked bags held until check-in for the Villa on Friday? They land at 11 p.m. and 12:15 a.m. respectively, so I highly doubt they'd get checked luggage before the morning anyway ...

Sorry if these are dumb questions - I'm a resort/DME newbie!

Definitely not dumb questions. :thumbsup2

If your friends are landing after 10:00PM then they will have to go to Baggage Claim, retrieve their bags, and bring them to the Magical Express Bus. The driver will then load them under the bus. Then they too can bring them to Bell Services and ask them to hold whatever they don't need until the next morning.

Yes. Bell Services will hold your bags until Friday.

Definitely not dumb questions. :thumbsup2

If your friends are landing after 10:00PM then they will have to go to Baggage Claim, retrieve their bags, and bring them to the Magical Express Bus. The driver will then load them under the bus. Then they too can bring them to Bell Services and ask them to hold whatever they don't need until the next morning.

Thank you!!!! I appreciate this info - it will definitely make everything easier for the runners arriving late Thursday night!

Thanks. Availability isn't a concern, thankfully. Totally rethinking raglan road. Have reservations at Boathouse, homecoming and Raglan Road but need to cancel one. Boathouse is a Gibson's which we have here. Really torn.

Don't know if this will help, but we had dinner at Raglan Road on Friday night and it was awesome! DH and I both started with the tomato salad, which was very good, nice with the arugula. DD had whatever the salmon appetizer was, I can't remember, but she liked it. Then DD and I had the shepherds pie, YUM. DH had the ham which he enjoyed very much. Whatever that strawberry mimosa drink was that I had two of was so good.

The band (3 girls and a guy, in overalls) was fantastic, as were the dancers! 10 minutes before we left a new band came on, and they were also really good. We were ready to leave, but then they started singing Hey Ho by the Lumineers, so we waited until they were done because it was a great rendition of the song.

It was our first time there and we LOVED it.

:sunny:

Thanks. Availability isn't a concern, thankfully. Totally rethinking raglan road. Have reservations at Boathouse, homecoming and Raglan Road but need to cancel one. Boathouse is a Gibson's which we have here. Really torn.
We LOVED Raglan Road. The fish and chips were the best I've had. I forget what DH had but he loved it, whatever it was. Ha! The atmosphere was fun, but very loud. If you're hoping for actual conversations you may have a hard time. I'd say go. It's good, and it's different. :thumbsup2

~Cari~ pluto:

Don't know if this will help, but we had dinner at Raglan Road on Friday night and it was awesome! DH and I both started with the tomato salad, which was very good, nice with the arugula. DD had whatever the salmon appetizer was, I can't remember, but she liked it. Then DD and I had the shepherds pie, YUM. DH had the ham which he enjoyed very much. Whatever that strawberry mimosa drink was that I had two of was so good.

The band (3 girls and a guy, in overalls) was fantastic, as were the dancers! 10 minutes before we left a new band came on, and they were also really good. We were ready to leave, but then they started singing Hey Ho by the Lumineers, so we waited until they were done because it was a great rendition of the song.

It was our first time there and we LOVED it.

:sunny:
I have heard great things about Raglan Road and wished we would have eaten there instead of the Boathouse. DH and I were very disappointment with the food (and prices). We are both from Fl and I hoped to have some good seafood. The fish I had was just ok but it came with a ton of fries and nothing else. We love raw oysters but refuse to pay up to $4 apiece for them. We use to buy a half sack for that. Next trip we will try Raglan!

Last edited:
We had no idea that you could not bring a guest to see your room and enjoy some cake for an hour. If we were in the wrong ok, but the way they handled it was COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. Obviously they were never taught how to be discreet. They could have pulled me aside and explained the rules and I would not have had a problem with that. I thought concierge was supposed to bend over backwards to make your stay as enjoyable as it can be. Obviously I was wrong because they sure knew how to ruin it. We had no idea that her friends were there it was just a chance thing and not like it was a habit of ours of bring whoever we met at the pool up.

I don't think there's a problem with bringing guests to your room. It's the lounge that's off limits to non club guests but I do agree that staff could have spoken to you quietly and discreetly. Did you let them know you were upset by their attitude? Sorry things weren't as you'd have wished.

Thanks for the restaurant insight. keeping Raglan Road since DH has never been and was jealous of my amazing May dinner. Now we have to decide between Boathouse and Homecoming. We ate at another Art Smith restaurant and it was so delicious so our lean is probably to that one.

Going to have bell services at POR transfer our bags to YC. We are in no rush for our luggage that day and if DH changes his mind and wants our bags ASAP, he can uber to YC while DS and I go to HS.

Good morning all, just a brief appearance to say Checked In! Board meetings are over, the room was ready when I checked in this morning, pack n' play has been delivered, and mugs picked up. Just waiting for the wife and kids to get here and the vacation has officially begun. We're in room 4086, looking down on, what I believe to be the quiet pool. Now I'm off to the airport so I can ride in on MDE with the family. I miss the kids after being away on business for five days and I can't wait to get this party started.

Thanks for letting us know about your trip.

So sorry to hear about your issues and disappointment.

I agree with your second post- although you are not supposed to bring others who are not staying club level up to your room or the lounge, it sounds like it was handled poorly. As you say, speaking to you privately would have been a better approach.

I'm not sure if others have done this or not, but I would suggest in a similar situation, it would be best to ask the club level CMs if it would be ok to bring up your friends to join in the celebration and enjoy some cake that you provided. My guess is that it would have been handled differently if they knew why non-club guests were there.

::yes::

Each year we stay at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel (Newport Beach area) for my mother in laws birthday. We always stay club level. I have a friend who lives about a half hour away and she often comes to see me when I am there. The club level staff always let me know that we are welcome to hang out in the lounge. Maybe it is because I ask first, but they are always very accommodating. I would hope that if you had explained to the staff about the birthday cake and celebration that they would have been fine with it.

Each year we stay at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel (Newport Beach area) for my mother in laws birthday. We always stay club level. I have a friend who lives about a half hour away and she often comes to see me when I am there. The club level staff always let me know that we are welcome to hang out in the lounge. Maybe it is because I ask first, but they are always very accommodating. I would hope that if you had explained to the staff about the birthday cake and celebration that they would have been fine with it.
Asking first, and only one guest visitor probably both help in saying "yes". And may I add your MIL's birthday celebrations sound lovely. What a nice way to say happy birthday!

If I was planning to share birthday cake with a group of friends (not staying CL) I'd want to select a location other than the CL lounge. The good thing is there generally are a few possible locations at most resorts where friends could visit and share some cake.

Last edited:
I agree with @gwynne asking first for one person to accompany you to CL Lounge is a totally different matter than simply bringing a group to celebrate with a cake for a birthday. Plus according to the poster it had been an hour or more before anyone said anything. I am sorry that the interaction was not discreet and made the poster uncomfortable, but at some level they brought it on themselves.

We got back from our one night stay at the Yacht Club last night. Our room was 3164. Although the view from the balcony was of the hotel's drop-off, it was a corner room, so we also had a couple of windows on the side wall. Also the room matched my request (very close to the elevator, and ready when we arrive), so that was good.

I agree with @gwynne asking first for one person to accompany you to CL Lounge is a totally different matter than simply bringing a group to celebrate with a cake for a birthday. Plus according to the poster it had been an hour or more before anyone said anything. I am sorry that the interaction was not discreet and made the poster uncomfortable, but at some level they brought it on themselves.
First of all it was not a group it was a wife and husband, and it was only 10 minutes before they said something. We were planning on about an hour as they had to leave.

Just got back on Monday from another amazing BC stay:goodvibes I saw people asking about the arcade and it is open, but I didn't see mentioned that the takeout counter for Beaches & Cream is now located inside it. The first day for this was last Monday or Tuesday. (The days run together when you're in paradise:rotfl:) It's a little odd with a makeshift counter plopped in the corner of the arcade. I have to say that the ice cream is pretty lackluster. We ordered cookie sandwiches and they are nothing like the ones you receive in the parks which are on giant fresh cookies. I'm pretty sure these were made with the little prepackaged cookies you get with a kids QS meal:crazy2: and cost the same. The trip across the lake to Ample Hills is definitely worth it if you're an ice cream fan. We're booked to come back in August and can't wait :banana:BC is our absolute favorite!

14 days I will be back "home" on my Epcot side. My younger kiddos will be chillin' at Sandcastle Club while DD10 and I go to see DS15 sing at the CP. I am so happy with this switch. GF was nice and DH and I has a Grand weekend, but I just wasn't feelin' the MK side as much as I was missing the Epcot side.

11/30-12/2 YC LV CL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter