Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Oh, no! Lots of fluid and lots of rest, if you can.

Feel better.

:thumbsup2

Ugh, hope you shake it before it is time to leave.

Oh no! Prayers for a speedy recovery and no contagion!!!

Thank you all! I luckily have a very understanding boss. I texted her yesterday that I was sick, and the first thing she said was, "Oh no, you have to get better before your trip!" and told me to work from home so I am resting as much as I possibly can with a toddler and husband who works for a newspaper today, the busiest news day of the year.

Okay all, I'm looking at the weather and trying to determine packing for the kids. We've never done November before. My beloved little terrorists are 4 and 2, and I'm trying to figure out shorts, pants, t-shirts, sweatshirts, or all of the above. Any guidance?

This time of year it's hard to know. This weekend we are supposed to have lows in the 50's and highs in upper 70's. I live within 10 miles of MK and for me that means long pants and a sweater (medium to heavy fleece). But if you are used to cooler weather, it may mean shorts and t-shirt. I would probably overpack and layer (then remove layers as you warm up).

Funny story to give you an example of different strokes for different folks:
Last year on our road trip, we spent the night in Paducah KY. The next morning we filled our gas tank before hitting the road. I had on a knit hat, gloves, and winter coat. It was 53 degrees (wind chill 48!). 3 cars pulled up as I was pumping the gas. All 3 drivers wore shorts and short sleeves. And looked at me like I was crazy!

I don't know exactly when you will be here, but this time of year, it can get cool in the mornings and evenings. But you might not think of it as cool. I just wish you a wonderful fun-filled stay!

Quick question. We had to change our January dates, we were at BWI. We moved to new dates and the BWI club level rooms were all booked so we moved over to the BC club level. 1/15-1/21. I'm getting conflicting info from a CM vs what I see on this great thread. I told the CM that a full balcony is a must, we booked lagoon/water view. He said all club level lagoon/water view rooms have full balconies.....true or do I need to call back and be sure to add that note on the reservation? I guess I could send an email to the IPO but thought I'd check with you guys first.

Does anyone know if BCV stdios are bookable for 5 yet? They've finished the refurb I think?

Based on my research, e-mails and discussions at the front desk the answer is no. Having said that, we were just in a new studio in October and while there is the extra bed it would be for someone of a smaller stature and would also make the studio quite "tight" to navigate if the couch was out and the bed was down. There are rumblings though that the rooms may officially go "5" sometime in 2017. Here is the e-mail I received from MS a couple of months ago when I asked about the 5 capacity:

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in Vacation Planning and are happy to assist
you further.

The Deluxe Studio Villas at DISNEY'S BEACH CLUB Villas accommodate 4
plus an infant. They h ave 1 Queen Bed, 1 Full Sleeper Sofa, and that
bedding configuration has not changes at this resort.

Based on my research, e-mails and discussions at the front desk the answer is no. Having said that, we were just in a new studio in October and while there is the extra bed it would be for someone of a smaller stature and would also make the studio quite "tight" to navigate if the couch was out and the bed was down. There are rumblings though that the rooms may officially go "5" sometime in 2017. Here is the e-mail I received from MS a couple of months ago when I asked about the 5 capacity:

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in Vacation Planning and are happy to assist
you further.

The Deluxe Studio Villas at DISNEY'S BEACH CLUB Villas accommodate 4
plus an infant. They h ave 1 Queen Bed, 1 Full Sleeper Sofa, and that
bedding configuration has not changes at this resort.
Thanks. Thought that was still the case. We have 3 young kids so the murphy suits us. You'd think they could have updated this by now.

Thanks for the update on the BCV studio occupancy. I have been so confused because I've seen videos of the updated studios but when we recently booked our October 2017 trip the agency said it was still only 4 person occupancy. Thanks again.

Quick question. We had to change our January dates, we were at BWI. We moved to new dates and the BWI club level rooms were all booked so we moved over to the BC club level. 1/15-1/21. I'm getting conflicting info from a CM vs what I see on this great thread. I told the CM that a full balcony is a must, we booked lagoon/water view. He said all club level lagoon/water view rooms have full balconies.....true or do I need to call back and be sure to add that note on the reservation? I guess I could send an email to the IPO but thought I'd check with you guys first.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Unfortunately, not true. All BC CL GV have full balconies. Most, but not all, YC CL WV rooms have full balconies. According to my notes, 3 of the 26 rooms in this category have the smaller "Juliet" balconies.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the update on the BCV studio occupancy. I have been so confused because I've seen videos of the updated studios but when we recently booked our October 2017 trip the agency said it was still only 4 person occupancy. Thanks again.

:welcome: to this thread and to posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

As you have noted, the studios are still listed with an occupancy limit of 4. Hopefully that will change sooner rather than later.

::yes::

They are if you book cash on the WDW site. I was playing around and it was bookable last night for a 6/17 stay. When looking at David's site it still has 4 for occupancy. It shouldn't be long before they align to 5.

Thanks for this info.

:goodvibes

Afternoon all! Well, I'm on a plane tomorrow morning and the wife & kids will meet me down there when my board meetings conclude on Tuesday. (I'll be at Epcot Saturday night, but shhhh!) I'll be checking in between now and then, so if anyone has any special requests, now is the time to get them in. We'll be at YC from the 15th - 22nd, and will be attending MVMCP on the 18th.

Does anyone have a very recent update on the Stormalong bay "over 18" hot tub and whether they fixed the temperature in it? It was freezing, colder than bath water, in October for two whole weeks we were there. I told the lifeguards twice, who then told the appropriate staff who deals with that. So was wondering if its been fixed? It was completely unusable at that temp.

Does anyone have a very recent update on the Stormalong bay "over 18" hot tub and whether they fixed the temperature in it? It was freezing, colder than bath water, in October for two whole weeks we were there. I told the lifeguards twice, who then told the appropriate staff who deals with that. So was wondering if its been fixed? It was completely unusable at that temp.

When I was there last week one tub was working and the temperature was perfect! The other tub was out of commission.....

Back and just a quick trip report. Epcot was packed due to Jersey and a few other northern states have school breaks. Weather was awesome, the food was not. Seems like every year the food quality goes downhill.

We were in room 4585, no daybed, large balcony. Also, no connecting door. Now let me see if I can post a few pictures.

IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0114.jpg

Back and just a quick trip report. Epcot was packed due to Jersey and a few other northern states have school breaks. Weather was awesome, the food was not. Seems like every year the food quality goes downhill.

We were in room 4585, no daybed, large balcony. Also, no connecting door. Now let me see if I can post a few pictures.

IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0114.jpg
Oh so lovely, lots of lawn and open space.

When I was there last week one tub was working and the temperature was perfect! The other tub was out of commission.....

thank you, was the one out of commission have a sign that said "over 18 only"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter