Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We checked out of BC yesterday and moved over to the BWI.

We had another wonderful stay and we were in room 4608 which I will say was probably the quietest room we've ever had in all our BC stays! View was nice but the room was also the smallest we've ever had.

We had a few issues yesterday checking in at the BWI and had to change rooms. After a very quick stop at the creepy clown pool,we already know we'll be spending our time at their quiet pool - their main pool is way too small and no comparison to SAB.

So far BC remains our #1 resort!

Checked into the BCV's today. Got room ready text at 10 am while still at Poly. (Split stay) room really nice. Loving the renovations. Thought I'd miss ceiling fan but room nice and cold. So happy to be home!

Have a fantastic finish to your trip!!!

When you have a chance, can you let us know about the progress of the renovations is you can tell. Where are they working now?

Enjoy!

Hi all!! Old-timer Diser here but it's been s000o long since my last visit that my avatar is gone! (What's up w/ that?! :( ) Been busy raising teens:crazy:. But, all the sudden I decided we'd do a quickie trip to WDW - older son will go to college next summer so this may be last chance! Eeek!

Soooo....my DREAM has been to stay at Beach or Yacht, but never thought I would (just too $$$ and cant find the deals i used to anyway...) But today, for the billionth time, searched on-line and an unbelievable rate cam eup - so 4 days at YC, here we come!!

We leave next Tuesday....but I know NOTHING about YC!!! Can ya'll help me?! I've read 20-30 pages here and plan to every night for the next week but....there's so much. I guess the main question is what do I 'need' to know? For example I saw someone reference watching the Frozen fireworks from the beach - is that every night, what time? Can I see the Epcot fireworks from the beach too? Oh boy....I have so many questions! :) Well, thanks in advance for any advice and :cloud9:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

The best place to focus your reading is on Page 1 of the thread (particularly Posts 1, 13 FAQ and 14 Other Useful Info). Post 4 has the activities schedule for the pool, lawn games and movie/campfire. Then maybe catch up on some of the last few pages of the thread. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Yes, you can see some of the higher Illuminations/EPCOT fireworks from the beach and from a few other places at the resort (see Post 13). Last summer there were Frozen fireworks nightly at Hollywood Studios. Right now they have Star Wars fireworks. You can also see them from the beach. Not sure if they are nightly or not or what time. If you don't get an answer from someone here, check some of the Disney sites for times. Kenny the Pirate has some decent listings of showtimes at the theme parks.

party:

Thank you natebenma!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the info is great - so glad yo upointed out all - especially post 4....so happy to see lawn games, etc. and the movies look great!

Anyone know anything about the 'beach vollyball'? Is it mainly little kids, or do you see teens/adults playing too?

:yay:pixiedust::sunny::flower1:

Today's crazy question (after seeing the above menu)....is room service available if you are staying in the Villas by renting points?

Also...226 days to go!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Have a fantastic finish to your trip!!!

When you have a chance, can you let us know about the progress of the renovations is you can tell. Where are they working now?

Enjoy!
We are on 5th floor and work is being done in villas 525 and around that area. Rest of floor done. On first floor there are temporary walls up blocking entrance to the wing directly to left of entrance and the wing between drawing room and elevators. Will check out other floors this week.

Today's crazy question (after seeing the above menu)....is room service available if you are staying in the Villas by renting points?

Also...226 days to go!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Room service is available for the villas. I don't think the category of your reservation; DVC Member, renting points, or paying with cash matters.

Well, we are excited to be at BC in October, but this past July 4th, I shared the Disney Parks Blog of the Magic Kingdom fireworks with Pop. He said he would love to go next year. Since the 4th fireworks are on both the 3rd and 4th, we decided to stay one night (7-3-17) at the Contemporary, and the 4th at BC for Illuminations. That way we don't have to worry about busses with 2 ECV's. Now I just have to keep Pop healthy! With both stays only one night, they are already paid for.

Since Swan and Dolphin are close, just wanted to give anyone that wants to visit their signature restaurants a heads up. Il Mulino, Shula's, Bluezoo and Kumino all have a 20% off your entire bill, except alcohol. Go to Orlandocoupons.com and click on dining. Expires 12/31/16. So glad I found it. We are wanting to go to Shula's and might go to Il Mulino's or Bluezoo also. Anyone try these places?
Thank you so much! We have reservations at both Shula's & Blue Zoo. You're awesome!

Leaving for the airport in under 9 hours and not yet packed!! May not be an issue for some of you but I'm normally ready a week in advance! It's our first family holiday (without my mum) since my husband died nearly 2 years ago and I'm somewhere between mega excited and terrified!! We check into HRH tomorrow and move over to BC on Sunday for 12 nights. I am planning on posting thoughts and photos as we go along as I don't sleep much and my boys do! Just wanted to say how amazing this thread is and I feel that I know my way around the BC already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter