• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

How many rooms with a shared balcony are there, and how many SV CL rooms are there? I knew I was going to get people with this response, and it is a reasonable one, but the price difference to a GV room is quite a bit and this trip started as an extra, "cheaper" stay at POR on a BB so we have to draw the line somewhere with price. Now we're staying deluxe and getting APs again. Any other CL and view except the WL (which I like, and we considered, but after reading about the construction going on we nixed that) was a lot more money, so this is what we decided on. I guess I'm willing to gamble, and might even be willing to do a dreaded room switch if we did get a shared balcony but could switch the next day. I just can't get over the idea that someone else could be out on our balcony, and I certainly don't want to feel like I'm trying to avoid looking into someone else's room or thinking that I might be disturbing them. A private balcony is supposed to be one of the perks of not staying value or moderate! I know my DH and I, and we likely would't go onto the balcony if someone else were out there, so knowing our luck we would get a large group that took up all of the other rooms and used it as their own personal shared balcony. Plus, we would have to worry about the kids disturbing the other rooms. Just something that does really bother me, but not enough to spend literally hundreds more to avoid the chance. But thanks for the input, food for thought. We could consider dropping the CL, the GV rooms at the BW and the YC were reasonable.

I want to say maybe three rooms? You could email the IPO and ask. It's so not like what you are imagining. The space is very large and rounded.
Check post #84 on this thread. http://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-5
It's not the CL floor, but very similar set up one floor down.

You can certainly speak normally and not disturb others. I wouldn't let my kids run the length of the balcony, but other than that they have a nice space in front of your room to enjoy. The view is out the front, parking lot, yes, but also very green, lots of gardens, nice. I wouldn't hesitate to book Standard CL at YC again, especially with a nice discount. These rooms are not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
I want to say maybe three rooms? You could email the IPO and ask. It's so not like what you are imagining. The space is very large and rounded.
Check post #84 on this thread. http://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-5
It's not the CL floor, but very similar set up one floor down.

You can certainly speak normally and not disturb others. I wouldn't let my kids run the length of the balcony, but other than that they have a nice space in front of your room to enjoy. The view is out the front, parking lot, yes, but also very green, lots of gardens, nice. I wouldn't hesitate to book Standard CL at YC again, especially with a nice discount. These rooms are not a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for the visual, it helps a lot. It is better than I was thinking, but still not something I would prefer. We'll see. What are the other views like in the standard view CL category? Just the rooms beside this, or different all together? I wonder how man SV rooms there are.

There was a notice left in my YC room today about a scheduled power outage each day, 01/26/2016-01/28/2016. The outage(s) expected to happen between 1:00 a.am. And 4:00 a.m., which means no room service on those dates between 12 midnight and 5:00 a.m., unfortunately.

I realize that a BCV studio will not accomodate a rollaway. Would I have room to put down an areo-mattress? There will only be 3 of us in the room but I really need 3 separate beds. We really want to stay at the BC, but a larger room there would be too many points and $$. I might need to plan on a different resort. Thanks.

Depending on when you are going - if you are in a renovated room the BCV studio - it will eventually have a fold down murphy-type twin bed under the TV. While there is not a lot of floor space when it is opened, you can still get around in the room carefully. So, eventually there will be three beds - a queen, a sleeper sofa and a fold down.

Shared balconies:

Who knows how many and where they are? I was not aware of shared balconies on the 5th floor (club level), but if someone has stayed in rooms with shared balconies there, can you let me know.

Room 4176 and adjoining rooms, Yacht Club?

The rooms below this?

What are the rooms at the Beach Club with shared balconies? The rooms above the front entrance are 3672, 3664, 3662, 3654. Do some of these rooms, and/or the rooms above this, have shared balconies.

I *think* we will be staying at the Yacht Club in May, I reserved a standard view Club level room with the AP discount. Originally we were going to stay at POR on a BB offer, but things change.... Anyway, the lure of the location of the YC and trying Stormalong bay swayed us. Plus, the BC and YC are the only regular (not only DVC) resorts we haven't stayed at yet (well, except AOA and we only did one all star,but I digress :P), and even though I can't decide if it's really *worth it* or not we have been spoiled by CL recently and were kind of sad to not have it. So I booked. But I don't really know much about the YC, I've only been there as a guest to check it out. It's daunting learning a new resort! I intend to read through this when i can, and I did read the entire first page and last page, and I typically follow the CL thread but had usually glossed over info on the YC since we had no plans on staying there as we usually stay in the Mk area.

That was a long winded way of asking for quick and dirty advice on standard view CL YC rooms. I thought I remembered that some of them share a balcony, and if that's true there is no way i want those rooms. What are the chances, how many of them are there? I love balconies and views, but I would rather give up the balcony than share. That's just too weird for me, it's not a shared walkway but a shared balcony. Odd. second, what are the possible views in a standard room? I realize it's SV, so it wont be great, but will they all be those terrible views of huge, flat rooftops I seem to remember seeing somewhere? A small part of why we never stayed at the YC and BC was that there seemed to be so many less desirable views unless you pay for water view, and that jump was more than we wanted to make when we started out at a moderate. Maybe those views were not CL, what are the SV CL rooms looking at? Third, what are the chances of a daybed, and if there isn't one what is there instead? We only have 4 people, but one thing that really helps us enjoy the deluxe resorts over the values and moderates is having that couch to make it seem like there is more room, and to have places to sit other than the bed. Are there any room recommendations for SV CL or things I should know - like avoid room #### because it looks right at the dumpster, etc? Or try to get #### because it has a better view even though its classified standard. You know, things like that.

TIA for your help and advice, I'll be plugging my way through the thread!

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

:cool1:

I believe there are 33 YC CL SV rooms. Room 5168 was lost with the refurbishment of the club level lounge.

I'm not sure if any of the YC CL rooms share balconies. I have asked above if anyone knows.

You can contact IPO and ask them about shared balconies. To see some sample views, you can go to the Yacht Club view thread referenced in a previous answer. I do know there are a few rooms towards the end of the hallway that have undesirable views.

ETA: I don't know how many daybeds there are at the resort, but not every room has one. You may be able to ask for a rollaway cot to be brought to the room.

:)

JMO, If you're very bothered by the possibility you might receive a shared balcony then I would suggest not booking standard CL at the Yacht Club. Everyone has different opinions on these rooms. We didn't mind them. It's a huge balcony, it's not like you are in a small picnic shelter with tables next together. It's a rounded space. I was never aware anyone else was even out there, it was very peaceful. As I recall, standard view CL rooms were the only ones available at the time with the discount so that's why we booked.

I've gotten discounts on water/pool view at YC CL in the past, and I think those views are beautiful. I particularly love the rooms that mostly face Crescent Lake.
I don't have answers to the daybed q's. We are planning to stay at YC CL in April, we booked a garden view room. I will post on this thread about our experience when we return. :beach:

What were the room number(s) for your shared balcony?

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Shared balconies:

Who knows how many and where they are? I was not aware of shared balconies on the 5th floor (club level), but if someone has stayed in rooms with shared balconies there, can you let me know.

Room 4176 and adjoining rooms, Yacht Club?

The rooms below this?

What are the rooms at the Beach Club with shared balconies? The rooms above the front entrance are 3672, 3664, 3662, 3654. Do some of these rooms, and/or the rooms above this, have shared balconies.

What were the room number(s) for your shared balcony?

Thanks!

Oh, no! My very first homework assignment and I'm going to get a Needs Improvement. :laughing: I don't know the room number. But, If you're standing in the parking lot, looking at the portico, our room was the one on the far right. It was a CL Standard Yacht Club room.

Depending on when you are going - if you are in a renovated room the BCV studio - it will eventually have a fold down murphy-type twin bed under the TV. While there is not a lot of floor space when it is opened, you can still get around in the room carefully. So, eventually there will be three beds - a queen, a sleeper sofa and a fold down.

Thanks for the info. We are going in the beginning of June so I don't think they will have renovated rooms. This is helpful though. We will figure something out.

Shared balconies:

Room 4176 and adjoining rooms, Yacht Club

Dee...I've stayed in YC 4176, which shares a very large balcony with three other rooms, with adjacent room numbers 4178, 4180, etc.
When I have a chance, I will post my pics.

Has anyone been on the slide since work was done in mid-January? I will be looking for reviews in the next month or so.

Thanks!

Hello, everyone!

I posted a new thread on the trip planning forums with this question, but thought since I know so many here are frequent WDW travelers, I'd ask here too.

I'm helping plan a trip for a friend, and am looking for information about traveling with young kids as well as the grandparents: Pros, Cons.

Anyone have suggestions, success stories, horror stories, what worked, what didn't? I appreciate your input!

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,
We did this years ago, when my girls were 3 years and 18 months old. In our case, the grandparents weren't into spending a lot of time in the parks. Nor did they want to eat character meals with us. So, my advice is to make sure each group gets some of what they want. Separate for the different needs. Do the older people have a cell phone or smart phone? I know my outlaws, I mean in-laws, have a flip phone that they frequently turn off to "save the battery." This makes meeting up challenging. We spent hours one day trying to hook up with them in the MK. Another hint: meeting up "at the castle" is nowhere near specific enough. (We couldn't even leave them a message at the resort because they hadn't hung up the room phone properly.)

I think a lot depends on the level of experience the group has with travel and with WDW. If you've never been, I think the scope and scale can be a shock. Maybe spend the first day getting familiar with the resort, how the busses work, a general idea of where things are etc. have a meal together and then split up the next day so everyone can go at their own pace. Meet back up for dinner. Mary

Woo hoo - they have put the uk 2017 prices on the wdw website and 14 nights at the Yacht Club with a garden view are within our planned budget :flower1:

The bad news is that we don't get get many room discounts in the uk and only rack rates are available BUT come April we have free ddp :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
Sooo just have to be patient and wait until end of April to book.

Last edited:
Hello Disers! I have a few questions about the boat to Hollywood Studios. We're staying at BC this spring. We've never stayed in an EP resort, and only once have I taken the boat from HS to the Boardwalk for a dinner. When we did, we were surprised and bit confused when we boarded to be told by the captain that we should get off at the first stop, and not the Boardwalk stop, and just walk over the bridge to Boardwalk. He was right: it was a short walk and it saved us time. Can someone tell me what the official order is of the boat stops, and, if we're staying at Beach Club, where's the best place to pick up the boat to HS, and where's the best place to get off, particularly if it's not the official BC stop? We'll likely be walking to and from EP, but boating between BC and HS. Thanks!

ETA: I do see the official order on the BC/YC info post--so I'm mostly checking to see if there's a more strategic way of grabbing and getting off the boat.

Last edited:
Order of boat stops:

Epcot
Boardwalk
Yacht Club
Swolphin
DHS

Then it goes exactly in reverse on the way back.

FWIW, on our last trip, we stayed at the YC. We found it was just as fast to get off at the Swolphin and walk back to the YC when coming from DHS.

Hello Disers! I have a few questions about the boat to Hollywood Studios. We're staying at BC this spring. We've never stayed in an EP resort, and only once have I taken the boat from HS to the Boardwalk for a dinner. When we did, we were surprised and bit confused when we boarded to be told by the captain that we should get off at the first stop, and not the Boardwalk stop, and just walk over the bridge to Boardwalk. He was right: it was a short walk and it saved us time. Can someone tell me what the official order is of the boat stops, and, if we're staying at Beach Club, where's the best place to pick up the boat to HS, and where's the best place to get off, particularly if it's not the official BC stop? We'll likely be walking to and from EP, but boating between BC and HS. Thanks!

ETA: I do see the official order on the BC/YC info post--so I'm mostly checking to see if there's a more strategic way of grabbing and getting off the boat.

When we stayed at BCV in November, we preferred to use the Epcot dock rather that the Yacht Club when we we went to/from DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter