Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have some sad news about one of our friends here on the board- I just learned that Debbie (screen name hill6) passed away suddenly yesterday while on vacation at Disney with her husband Mike and daughter Chrissy. Her husband emailed me this morning with the shocking news. She had just sent me pictures by email of the road construction near the WDW arch as they were travelling from Universal to Disney. I had gotten to know her well through our shared love of the Beach Club, Disney, Universal and planning for trips.

Rest in peace, my kind friend.

xoxo
This is sad news, I am sorry. Kristi

There is a sign outside Fittings & Fairings today-- "join us for our opening May 15th" . Hours listed as 6:30 am- 11:00 pm . No other info on the sign.

Operating daily from 6am until 11:30pm daily, guests will find handmade salads, sandwiches, healthy snacks, breakfast pastries, expanded coffee offerings, and more at this counter service location. Guests will also be able to refill their resort mugs at brand new Coke Freestyle machines at this location.

The merchandise side of The Market at Ale and Compass will open later this Summer, as will a new counter service location in the former home of the Fittings and Fairings shop.

Kinda funny we get two similar (but not exact) status reports. I guess we'll wait until the 15th to see who is correct: the yacht club worker who put the sign by F&F or the author of the article that says Ale & Compass is opening. I don't want to begin hoping they are both right. I get there the 30th and just want a place to refill mugs in the lobby.

Kinda funny we get two similar (but not exact) status reports. I guess we'll wait until the 15th to see who is correct: the yacht club worker who put the sign by F&F or the author of the article that says Ale & Compass is opening. I don't want to begin hoping they are both right. I get there the 30th and just want a place to refill mugs in the lobby.

I believe that the new food and beverage area at the physical location of Fittings and Fairings is being named Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace. I had heard that name a few months ago. It's still unclear if the Ale and Compass Lounge is relocating over there, though. It's very confusing. :confused3

The wrong photo is displayed in the below-linked post. The photo shows the Ale and Compass Lounge, not the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace. I think many will be confused with the similar names.

The Market at Ale & Compass Counter Service Dining Location Opens May 15th at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/marke...ocation-opens-15th-disneys-yacht-club-resort/

Last edited:
There is a sign outside Fittings & Fairings today-- "join us for our opening May 15th" . Hours listed as 6:30 am- 11:00 pm . No other info on the sign.

We will be there in nine days and will check it out. Al, the greeter at the YC, told me that they will close Captain's Grille for refurbishment after they open the new quick service location. We'll see if that happens.

ETA: Ariel's will be the temporary location for Captain's Grille.

Last edited:
We will be there in nine days and will check it out. Al, the greeter at the YC, told me that they will close Captain's Grille after they open the new quick service location. We'll see if that happens.

Why would they close a table service because they added in a quick service? Maybe he meant they are refurbishing the area?

I have some sad news about one of our friends here on the board- I just learned that Debbie (screen name hill6) passed away suddenly yesterday while on vacation at Disney with her husband Mike and daughter Chrissy. Her husband emailed me this morning with the shocking news. She had just sent me pictures by email of the road construction near the WDW arch as they were travelling from Universal to Disney. I had gotten to know her well through our shared love of the Beach Club, Disney, Universal and planning for trips.

xoxo

Very sad news indeed. Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Why would they close a table service because they added in a quick service? Maybe he meant they are refurbishing the area?
Captain's Grille is being relocated (not closed) while the restaurant is refurbished to make it ready for a larger crowd once the Convention Center has been completed. It's not closing, just getting bigger and better. Can't wait to see what they do with Fitness and Fairings once all the dust has settled. Need pictures Sue and #Branflakes.
Katesdad

The refurbishment of the Captains Grill has been planned for awhile now. We just didn't know when it would be.

I get a refurbishment it was more using the word close. When I hear close I think permanent when I hear refurbishment then it makes sense.

Thank you all for your kind words and keeping Debbie and her family in your thoughts.

I was reminded last night of the description in her DIS signature (hill6):

:thumbsup2 My Name is Debbie and I am a Certified Disneyaholic

Her love for Disney, the Beach Club, her cats, the Buffalo Bills and especially her family was strong- she was a treasured part of our community and I will pass along everyone's messages of sympathy to her husband and daughter.

xoxo

How very sad. Her family is in my prayers.

xoxo

So very sad. My thoughts go out to her daughter and husband and the rest of her family and friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter