Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for sharing the pictures for the two rooms! OK if I add them to the BC View Thread?

That view for 2608 is a little bit funky, but I think I like it!

:thumbsup2

You sure can!

Yeah, it wasn't the best view, but not bad. I was glad to not have a view of the roof! And the balcony was so nice we really enjoyed it.

You sure can!

Yeah, it wasn't the best view, but not bad. I was glad to not have a view of the roof! And the balcony was so nice we really enjoyed it.

Thanks!

Sorry, one/two more questions. Do you remember the bedding in those two rooms? 2Q? Daybed or no?

I'm sure this will come as a shock to those of you who know me, but I have a teeny-tiny caffeine addition.

:rolleyes1

I need to make coffee in the room (set up the night before) so I have a cup of coffee to bring on the way to get a cup of coffee in the lounge or in the lobby.

And yes, I did bring a coffee maker during my stays at All Star Movies with the class trips because they don't have them in the rooms.

:surfweb:
A girl after my own heart:surfweb: I can't function right without two cups of the good stuff any morning let alone on vacation :rotfl2:

I don't think the Convention Center expansion will have much effect on guests, except for possible parking issues if you have a car for the trip.
The only construction that we can see near the Convention center is in the parking lot and by the road. You wouldn't hear any noise from the rooms.

Would Nymph,I am pretty sure our room is very near to yours, LOL! Have a great time at the Halloween party tonight, I hope the rain stays away for you.
I will post a picture when we get back. I have a lovely picture that I took from the balcony this morning. I hope we have a rain free party, too. DH is taking a nice, long nap so he will make it through to the HalloWishes fireworks. ::yes::

I found out from a lady on the bus that the MK fireworks did go off last night at 10pm. Illuminations also went off at ten pm. And the Star Wars fireworks went off last night, too, at 10:23pm, more than 2 - 1/2 hours late. And we had a very good view of them from our room. At least that was some consolation.

As far as the temporary BC bus stop, it isn't very far at all. Just walk through the Solarium, exit out the door to the villas, walk through the villas lobby to the quiet pool. Walk around the villas quiet pool, down the sidewalk and you are right there, at the bus stop. The signs direct you to through the BC lobby, but that is not the shortest way to go. It really isn't very far at all.

October 2016 Activities Schedule

Oct%202016.jpg

Wow, really hoping we get better movies in November.

Wow, really hoping we get better movies in November.

You took the words right out of my mouth! All year I have been saying "Wow, great movies this month" Animated stuff I haven't seen yet (Inside Out, Zootopia) or haven't seen for years. But the month I am going, they have a disappointing line-up.

But we never watch the movies anyway, so no harm-no foul for us.

:confused3

Last edited:
Agreed, but it would be nice to have a good kid's movie on tap just in case they're having a rough day and need some night time down time.

The only construction that we can see near the Convention center is in the parking lot and by the road. You wouldn't hear any noise from the rooms.

I will post a picture when we get back. I have a lovely picture that I took from the balcony this morning. I hope we have a rain free party, too. DH is taking a nice, long nap so he will make it through to the HalloWishes fireworks. ::yes::

I found out from a lady on the bus that the MK fireworks did go off last night at 10pm. Illuminations also went off at ten pm. And the Star Wars fireworks went off last night, too, at 10:23pm, more than 2 - 1/2 hours late. And we had a very good view of them from our room. At least that was some consolation.

As far as the temporary BC bus stop, it isn't very far at all. Just walk through the Solarium, exit out the door to the villas, walk through the villas lobby to the quiet pool. Walk around the villas quiet pool, down the sidewalk and you are right there, at the bus stop. The signs direct you to through the BC lobby, but that is not the shortest way to go. It really isn't very far at all.

There were a lot of fireworks in a short period of time last night. I looked but we couldn't see any of them

Hopefully you manage to get through this evening without any rain.

We were at the Dolphin last night for dinner and our shoes were still soaked this morning from our walk back. Fortunately we had our ponchos with us.

Last edited:
I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread! I haven't really been on since our trip in July. We've had a LOT going on since we got back, and recently got hit with some pretty bad news and I'm having a hard time shaking this mood I'm in. So, they last few days I've been focusing on Disney! That is helping to cheer me up. However, as far as DH is concerned our camping trip next month is going to be our last trip for a long while. I've told him I need a new trip to plan to get my mind off things and with all the new AP perks I'm trying to talk him into renewing ours next year. Wish me luck! We had a 3 night trip at the GF over Labor Day weekend, that place was amazing, but still the BC is my favorite. We are excited about our upcoming stay at Fort Wilderness in our travel trailer, DD7 is kind of bummed about not being at a "real resort" though (as am I, as much as I love camping I would rather be at BC of course). Anyway, I'm dreaming of a BC trip next summer, we'll see if I can make that a reality! I'm hoping for a good TA deal that we can't refuse :D

I have some good pictures of our room and view that I will post soon!
Really, you don't have to have an actual trip BOOKED to start planning it. Pick your dream date and start a spread sheet of where'd you go, what you'd do, where'd you eat... Maybe by the time it gets closer you can convince DH that you must take another trip in order to maintain your sanity, if that's what we call our disney obsession. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

Do the Yacht Club rooms all have grab bars in the shower?

Is this a standard room with king bed? Or is it an accessible room? Im looking for a room category with grip bars in the bathroom Thanks

I think they do since they have not been renovated yet, but since I have not stayed there yet, I don't have any personal experience with these rooms.

Would love to hear some confirmation.

Is this a standard room with king bed? Or is it an accessible room? Im looking for a room category with grip bars in the bathroom Thanks

It is a lawn/garden room. In the check-in option, I requested a King-bed room, close to the elevator, and obtained both requests. This room isn't a handicap accessible room. There is a grip bar in the shower but that's it.

Do the Yacht Club rooms all have grab bars in the shower?

I think they do since they have not been renovated yet, but since I have not stayed there yet, I don't have any personal experience with these rooms.

Would love to hear some confirmation.

What stuck out to me was the room number. Someone posted earlier photos of an accessible room, 2Q with roll in shower. That room number was 2149. These new pictures are from 2148. Coincidence????? Regardless of where she and I stay, Im going to take a million pictures of all the rooms, and videos, and plaster them all over the internet for anyone who wants/needs to know! There are millions and millions of pictures of all the rooms at WDW, except the ones I want to see :) Yes, thats typical of my life!

It is a lawn/garden room. In the check-in option, I requested a King-bed room, close to the elevator, and obtained both requests. This room isn't a handicap accessible room. There is a grip bar in the shower but that's it.
Hmmmm......interesting. Maybe I could do the same. At onine checkin, is there a place to add a special request manually, or just the drop down boxes? The only thing Im looking for is the grip bars. Could I write that and possibly request the specific room (I know that part would be hard, but maybe there are more rooms with the grips.??) It will just be one person, so the King is perfect.

page 694-697

I called to find out why it was different than the screen I got. You get the extended drop down requests like you have posted if you book a package deal. We booked room only with the military discount so only get the limited menu like you have posted for YC.

Shut the Front Door!

Is this true???

Now my question for anyone with a package who has done the online advance check-in recently (in the past week or so). Did you have limited options (Balcony, lower, upper, first floor, near elevator) or a drop-down of selections?

:faint:

Whenyouwish365 May6-14 BCV

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list next time I make an update.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

No, the non-accessible rooms do not have any grab bars.

Is that true at both the Yacht Club and Beach Club?

You may want to read a previous post of mine, recounting a recent visit to the YC, which was booked as a standard room, but given an accessible room. The room only had a roll-in shower, but some accessible rooms have tubs - both have grab bars. The shower actually has a fold-down seat, as well.

I agree with the suggestion to rent from an off-site provider for a wheelchair, if not a scooter. That will enable the chair to be kept at the resort. They will deliver and pick up.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...rb-news-post-1.3400342/page-662#post-56413498

Thanks for the repost. I'm going to use your post and the pictures from another recent poster and add info about Handicap Accessible rooms a couple of places on Page 1. I have a post about guests with limited mobility and then probably in the review section.

::yes::

Last edited:
Hmmmm......interesting. Maybe I could do the same. At onine checkin, is there a place to add a special request manually, or just the drop down boxes? The only thing Im looking for is the grip bars. Could I write that and possibly request the specific room (I know that part would be hard, but maybe there are more rooms with the grips.??) It will just be one person, so the King is perfect.

You can call in specific requests to Central Reservations, the phone number you would call to book a trip. If you used a Travel Agent, they need to make the requests.

"Connecting Rooms, please. If possible King Bed in one room. Grab bars needed in this room/other room"

However, if only some of the rooms have grab bars in the bathrooms, I'm not sure if the room assigners will know which ones do.

Also, please note that there are limited rooms at the resort with King Beds.

I'm going to ask a CM friend of mine who works at the resort if the YC rooms have grab bars in the bathrooms.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter