Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

@AR81 - How lucky/fortunate for you to have ended up in such spacious accommodations! I have seen only a couple of rooms like the one you got and I am REALLY hoping we get one!!! With three boys, more room is always better! And for this trip, we could really care less about the view. (If it were just DH and I it would be a different story.)

Ok friends about 5 years ago we had the best room ever (for our needs and in my opinion only) and I would like to request this room again on our upcoming trip or a room like it. Only issue is, I cannot remember the room number!! Or even what floor we were on. I remember the general area of I were to see a map. The point is we want a room like this or something similar. So whose in for a fun game...

Name that room! Any guesses?

2003? 3003?

A boatload of pixie dust to the winner.

3003 maybe.jpg

I posted an answer on another thread about rooms at the Yacht Club with a particular view.

@wmoon- this is from your post in the YC View thread:

We booked a garden view and requested a high floor on the lake side of the hotel. We were upgraded to a water view room, 3007 at the far end of the resort. It was great and also had a day bed,

I also posted the outdated Disneyzone YC map.

ycthirdfloormap.jpg

P1110760 - Copy.JPG

The only room I have known at the YC without a full balcony was Room 5163. Note the description about room 3005 (standing room balcony) and Rooms 3001, 3009 (no balcony, side windows only)
Does anyone know anything about these 3 rooms?

:confused3

Last edited:
View attachment 190988

I posted an answer on another thread about rooms at the Yacht Club with a particular view.

@wmoon- this is from your post in the YC View thread:

We booked a garden view and requested a high floor on the lake side of the hotel. We were upgraded to a water view room, 3007 at the far end of the resort. It was great and also had a day bed,

I also posted the outdated Disneyzone YC map.

View attachment 190953

View attachment 190954

The only room I have known at the YC without a full balcony was Room 5163. Note the description about room 3005 (standing room balcony) and Rooms 3001, 3009 (no balcony, side windows only)

That picture certainly looks like our view. I think 3009 which was next door to us did not have any sort of balcony at all, we took pictures of ds from the ground on the balcony and noticed the lack of balcony next door. 3005 had some sort of one but I am not sure what kind sorry.

I didn't even know there were tennis courts...lol

I also didn't know that there was a good sized store at the YC until this past visit.

View attachment 190988

Room 3001 does have a balcony, just with a round window. You enter the room and there's a hallway that's about the same length as the bathroom. You turn right and there's a dresser to the right side and the closet / bathroom to the right, and then that opens into the room. 2 queen beds + a daybed. There are 3 windows to the side that face trees & a canal.

There was enough room in the hallway as you come in for all of our luggage - it was fairly wide. And as you can see, the long hallway makes an AWESOME obstacle course if you line up everyone's shoes. ;)

20160308-IMG_3785.jpg 20160308-IMG_3834.jpg
20160309-IMG_3961.jpg

Have been at the YC since Friday, so far it has been a wonderful stay. :goodvibes Only three days left, we will have to make the most of our remaining time!

Although our travel agent added on our room request and I called twice to make sure they had it, we are pretty far from the lobby elevators. We did seem to get a nice view upgrade though, so we are in no way complaining and have been making good use of the back exit.

YC CMs have been great all around and we are extremely happy with everything so far. Bus and ferry service has been excellent, the short extra walk to the convention center isn't much extra hassle although I do miss having the wait time estimates.

We really haven't missed being near the Marketplace like I expected. The gift shop here at the YC is actually pretty good and we eat lunch out at SAB from Hurricane Hannah's anyway. I've enjoyed a couple Sunken Treasures so far, thanks for the recommendation!

Off to sleep, more busy days to come. pixiedust:

Room 3001 does have a balcony, just with a round window. You enter the room and there's a hallway that's about the same length as the bathroom. You turn right and there's a dresser to the right side and the closet / bathroom to the right, and then that opens into the room. 2 queen beds + a daybed. There are 3 windows to the side that face trees & a canal.

There was enough room in the hallway as you come in for all of our luggage - it was fairly wide. And as you can see, the long hallway makes an AWESOME obstacle course if you line up everyone's shoes. ;)

Great post and pictures!!! Thanks for sharing the info about this room. Too funny about the obstacle course!

May I add your post to the Yacht Club View thread?

:goodvibes

Hi all. Not completely BC related but you are all so helpful I am posting here as well as the theme parks forum! Also your knowledge of BC transportation may help. With the weather not looking great for Thursday I have rearranged our plans a little so my carefully scheduled meals and FPs no longer line up as I'd like. Today we are now going to universal for most of the day but we have a T Rex adr at 5.30pm and FPs at MK from 7.30pm onwards. We have a rental car so we will drive to Universal and I expect to be done in time to go back there and catch a bus to Disney Springs, unless it makes more sense to drive there? Then what is the best way to MK from Disney Springs? We won't stay for Wishes as we've seen it already this stay. Thanks

Hi all. Not completely BC related but you are all so helpful I am posting here as well as the theme parks forum! Also your knowledge of BC transportation may help. With the weather not looking great for Thursday I have rearranged our plans a little so my carefully scheduled meals and FPs no longer line up as I'd like. Today we are now going to universal for most of the day but we have a T Rex adr at 5.30pm and FPs at MK from 7.30pm onwards. We have a rental car so we will drive to Universal and I expect to be done in time to go back there and catch a bus to Disney Springs, unless it makes more sense to drive there? Then what is the best way to MK from Disney Springs? We won't stay for Wishes as we've seen it already this stay. Thanks

Per threads on other boards, I have read that there is now bus service from the theme parks to Disney Springs after 4:00 PM. Please note that it's just theme parks to DS and not DS to theme parks. In the past, I would have suggested walking to Contemporary to catch a bus or mono railing to one of the MK resorts [including Contemporary] to catch a bus to DS.

Ir you take the bus to DS, just catch a bus from there to the Contemporary Resort. Then you can walk to MK. If you're too tired to walk, you can transfer there to the monorail or a boat.

Edit: if you get back late & end up driving to DS, drive back to BC & catch the DS bus from there. If you drive to MK, you have to park in a lot, take a tram to the monorail or ferry & then to MK from there. It will be much easier when you leave to just hop the bus, IMO.

Last edited:
This is a hard one, since you really don't want to leave your car at DS and you really don't want to park at the MK parking lot. I would probably come back to the BC, park the car and then either take the MK bus or take a taxi to the Contemporary to walk to MK. It isn't too bad taking the bus from MK back to the BC at park close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter