Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you! I just called and made the request. We are very excited, even if it's just for one very short night. We will arrive around 1 pm, and planning to just be at SAB for the rest of the afternoon & evening and just eat by the pool. The next morning we head to the parks and switch hotels. So about as short of a stay as you can get. But, we are still looking forward to it!
We've done this before and will be there for one short day on 9.23 before our cruise..even a quick stay at the Beach Club can make the BEST memories!!

Thanks for this info. Would have totally done this too at night in my pjs. Next trip! Did you just use the disney theme park store site? Thanks.

I used the shop Disney parks app. You log in with your MDE log in info and it knows when you are checking in so starting two days before check in you can have it shipped to your resort, great for those passports from EP people want, but you can't get at the marketplace in BC!! It can be waiting when you get there! The app also shows you where items are for sale. I saw that the sprinkles were also not sold at the marketplace, but I found them at animal kingdom in one of their stores. I took a picture of the barcode and it showed me all the stores it's located. So that allowed me to combine purchases found in different stores to qualify for the 10% off using my Disney visa! Easy peasy! A CM told me they app sometimes has 25% off with free home shipping too! Have to watch for that! The app is separate from the disneystore.com. They also run separate promotions.

It looks like this just happened to me, as well, though a handicapped accessible room was not requested. I just happened to notice it, when I checked my upcoming reservations on MDE.

I wonder if they have quite a few handicapped accessible rooms that have not been booked, but are short on non-accessible rooms.
I just looked at mine and my reservation says - RoomType - GdWds FlSpclAcc OptHr 2Q. My parents room and my sisters room reservations look like this - GdWds WChrAcc Tub OptHr 2Q DyBd. My sister has a baby and they really need a regular tub. I am worried and trying to figure out if this means their rooms are handicap rooms or are these just regular rooms with a regular tub that is wheelchair accessible.

We check-in on Saturday morning. Our room request fax from Touring Plans was faxed this morning. Before today, all 3 of our room types just said Standard View.

It looks like this just happened to me, as well, though a handicapped accessible room was not requested. I just happened to notice it, when I checked my upcoming reservations on MDE.

I wonder if they have quite a few handicapped accessible rooms that have not been booked, but are short on non-accessible rooms.
Where are you seeing this?

I just looked at mine and my reservation says - RoomType - GdWds FlSpclAcc OptHr 2Q. My parents room and my sisters room reservations look like this - GdWds WChrAcc Tub OptHr 2Q DyBd. My sister has a baby and they really need a regular tub. I am worried and trying to figure out if this means their rooms are handicap rooms or are these just regular rooms with a regular tub that is wheelchair accessible.

We check-in on Saturday morning. Our room request fax from Touring Plans was faxed this morning. Before today, all 3 of our room types just said Standard View.

It looks like your sister's room has an accessible tub + daybed. Am I interpreting your room to be "floor special"? Maybe you were upgraded to Club Level! "Hr" is hearing accessible with strobe light for fire alarm and amplified telephone. It may also have a doorbell with flashing light in room.

It looks like your sister's room has an accessible tub + daybed. Am I interpreting your room to be "floor special"? Maybe you were upgraded to Club Level! "Hr" is hearing accessible with strobe light for fire alarm and amplified telephone. It may also have a doorbell with flashing light in room.
Is an accessible tub like a regular tub? I am so confused, I always just thought wheelchair accessible meant a roll in shower. I have not stayed at BC before, so I am not sure of the different room types.

I have no idea what mine means with the FlSpcl lol.

Is an accessible tub like a regular tub? I am so confused, I always just thought wheelchair accessible meant a roll in shower. I have not stayed at BC before, so I am not sure of the different room types.

I agree it looks like a handicap accessible room with a tub. There are various forms of HA rooms. The accessible tub means it will have multiple grab bars. It should also be set up for easier access from a wheelchair but it will have a tub. And the other looks like Florida accessible. I think that's grab bars and comfort height toilet.

This is the info for this type of room:

2 Queen Beds
Sleeps up to 5 Adults
Wheelchair-Accessible Route in Room
Grab Bars at Toilet and Tub
Optional Communication Features for Guests with Hearing Disabilities Include:
Visual Alarm
Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
Visual Telephone Call Alert
Telephone with Volume Control
Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In
I think there may also be a wall-mounted shower spray with hose, instead of fixed showerhead.

No, it is a Garden/Woods view, Florida Special with the option for Hearing Accessible with 2 QB. A true Hearing Accessible room has visual alarms.

Since there appear to be several of these rooms showing in MDE, I would vote for an error. The best way to confirm is to actually call.

Dave

I agree it looks like a handicap accessible room with a tub. There are various forms of HA rooms. The accessible tub means it will have multiple grab bars. It should also be set up for easier access from a wheelchair but it will have a tub. And the other looks like Florida accessible. I think that's grab bars and comfort height toilet.
This is the info for this type of room:

I think there may also be a wall-mounted shower spray with hose, instead of fixed showerhead.
Wow thank you!! So relieved they'll have a regular tub for the baby's baths each night. That was the one thing I was worried about. Thank you for clarifying.

No, it is a Garden/Woods view, Florida Special with the option for Hearing Accessible with 2 QB. A true Hearing Accessible room has visual alarms.

Since there appear to be several of these rooms showing in MDE, I would vote for an error. The best way to confirm is to actually call.

Dave
You guys are good! I would have never been able to decipher that. I only understood the 2 queen beds and daybed. I can call before arriving? I wasn't sure if they could help before I was even there.

Where in MDE? I looked under my reservations and the only thing it says is room type: standard view
Standard View is probably what you booked and have been assigned, then. Unless, of course, the room assigners have not yet gotten to your booking. Of course, nothing is guaranteed until you get the text with your room number. They have to rely on guests vacating their rooms on time, so that Mousekeeping can work their magic.

Dave

Since many of these bookings were made through an agency, and not directly through Disney, the normal Disney reservations CMs will only be able to see limited info, such as guest name, dates, etc., and not room info.

I used the shop Disney parks app. You log in with your MDE log in info and it knows when you are checking in so starting two days before check in you can have it shipped to your resort, great for those passports from EP people want, but you can't get at the marketplace in BC!! It can be waiting when you get there! The app also shows you where items are for sale. I saw that the sprinkles were also not sold at the marketplace, but I found them at animal kingdom in one of their stores. I took a picture of the barcode and it showed me all the stores it's located. So that allowed me to combine purchases found in different stores to qualify for the 10% off using my Disney visa! Easy peasy! A CM told me they app sometimes has 25% off with free home shipping too! Have to watch for that! The app is separate from the disneystore.com. They also run separate promotions.

THis is great info. Thanks.

About 2 hours before we checked in, it was changed back to a standard room. We ended up getting exactly what we wanted (near elevator of lobby). I'm sure we would have been fine with it, but I was just surprised. Hope you get a room that you like:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter