Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

There are only 4 of them?

Yes, the cm used that exact terminology, but it did take him almost 45 minutes to complete the reservation so I think it may have been a new process for him. I was surprised to come to this board to learn there are only 4 cabanas. My conversation with the cm gave me the impression there were dozens. I was not given a #.

Well, I'm a pessimist, but if it were me, I would call back and make sure that the reservation was done correctly.

Well, I'm a pessimist, but if it were me, I would call back and make sure that the reservation was done correctly.
I just checked my app and see that the reservation is confirmed. I also realized the reservation is for "poolside 1" which I take to mean cabana #1.

They are all in the same area...and really close to one another. 2 of the cabanas are closer to the kids water area...and 2 are not. To us, we see no difference as they are really all right there, but the other 2 are about 10 fee further from the edge of the kids pool.
From pictures posted it looks like #4 is more shaded than the others. Is that correct?

The CM started looking at other resorts at Epcot, starting with YC and gave a price for a 1 bedroom at BCV and at BWV, same thing happened when we switched another reservation from BWI. On the BC reservation we initially went with BCV, but later switched to Riviera because we realized we just really wanted to try it (and it was only like 3 nights of our 8 night trip, so not a huge deal). For our BWV we chose YC because the price was actually cheaper, and since it's just DH and I we didn't need a villa (what was offered even though a studio would do). They never once looked at prices at resorts outside of the Epcot area.

Hi!

Trying to clean up the Be Our Guest list.

I have you at YC for Thanksgiving.

Where is your Christmas trip now? YC, Riviera or someplace else.

Thanks!

Dee

:goodvibes

Awww....I bet I know EXACTLY which two you were talking about. We were sitting right by the cabanas on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday's server in that area was incredibly slow...very nice and apologetic but seemed unprepared for the crowds, I think she was working as hard as she could but seemed to have some mobility issues that slowed her down. I noticed on Sunday she was working over on the BC side and we had a different server who worked her tail off.

But Sunday's server got shafted badly when the storms hit and they cleared us off the deck. Many of us had not closed out our tabs and insisted they allow us to....but I am sure many just took off. We hadn't even scanned our bands so no record of what we had ordered at all. One gentleman said they had ordered over $400 worth of drinks and food. Her computer froze off so she was just asking us what we ordered and wrote it down to run. We asked about tipping her and she just said "no tips." I hate to think of all the people that may have taken off with the rain who left without tipping her or without even paying the bill. I didn't catch her name...but she literally was this tiny woman who I watched run back and forth to the bar in an attempt to clear tabs when they closed the deck.

We had a wonderful weekend...but they are going through some growing/re-opening pains with the food service and mobil ordering.

Yeah, you nailed it.

Having stayed at BLT and Poly in July and now a YC stay - and chatting with some CMs - there seem to be a decent number of CMs in new roles given the seniority callbacks, not necessarily where they were before. Our cabana attendants were formerly nighttime fireworks pontoon cruise drivers. Another CM I spoke to was a Friendship Boat driver. One of the bartenders at HH on Saturday took over 5 minutes (not lying) to ring up my two drinks - she apologized profusely but just couldn’t get the register/MB reader thing to work. She said HH/bar tending is not her usual role so she didn’t know how everything worked.

Mind you I’m not complaining at all - I’m glad CMs are getting called back in any role and Disney is reopening what it can. Growing pains and adjustments will happen and I’ll totally roll with it.

Part of me could look at Saturday and say Disney knew what YC/BCV occupancy was going to be and there should have been half a dozen pool servers on deck. But then the other part of me sees the business side of them tightly managing CM headcount, it’s one holiday weekend in an otherwise very slow period, they could have had call outs, trouble getting property trained CMs, etc - probably countless things. It’s a tough deal.

We had a wonderful weekend as well and I would go back tomorrow in a heartbeat, but agree I would say things like lines at HH, lines for mobile ordering, lines for the elevators, lines at the front desk (all at times, not constantly) made things feel a little on the edge of it being a not-so-great guest experience. Obviously it being a holiday weekend probably had a big impact on what we experienced too.

From pictures posted it looks like #4 is more shaded than the others. Is that correct?

IMO, I would say between the cabana structure itself, the changing angle of the sun, and the time of year, they all offer a good mix of shade and sun and the differences are more subtle than major. But yes, given #4’s position closer to taller trees, I would say it does tend to be more on the shadier side.

Yes, the cm used that exact terminology, but it did take him almost 45 minutes to complete the reservation so I think it may have been a new process for him. I was surprised to come to this board to learn there are only 4 cabanas. My conversation with the cm gave me the impression there were dozens. I was not given a #.

I’m glad we’ve now determined you booked #1. :-)

Yeah, unfortunately cabana booking is a less frequent call topic so you can sometimes get a CM unfamiliar with the details or that hasn’t been properly trained. If you get someone that knows what they are doing it should be a 5-10 minute call. If they don’t, then yeah, that sounds like what happened to you.

We had #1 last year sometime, I think @natebenma has some of my photos from the time on Page 1 if helpful.

Hope you enjoy your day at SAB!

Page 1680

Just booked an AP deal for Oct 19-27 at the Yacht Club. Excited to make our first trip back in almost a year - the pandemic caused us to cancel 3 other planned trips. It’ll feel good to be home!

And just to confirm, Cruise Cup is currently closed? Is that correct? It’s one of our favorite spots to grab a quick bite/drink at YC/BC in the evening so we’ll have to branch out if so...

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

We're here, checked in yesterday. So far, it's QUIET here. Pool only had a couple families here and there yesterday. Lobby isn't busy. There's some construction going on around the normal check-in desk but nothing major (check-in is now combined with bell services). We did in-room dining this morning, too. Super quick, and they were just as great with DH's allergies -- nothing like enjoying Mickey waffles looking out on SAB!

Let me know if you all have any questions!!

Thank you so much for the on-the-spot updates!

There is no oikos vanilla or strawberry, the Marketplace only carries the blueberry and I checked with the MAC yesterday and they don't have any individual yogurts and used to carry only the strawberry. Are you seeing the vanilla and strawberry on a menu listing?

There is the pint of half n half plus the french vanilla coffeemate liquid creamer small container (which is a new offering since the closure).

Thanks so much for the details about what was offered the YC Marketplace during your stay.

:thumbsup2

The saga continues...

Dee, please add us to the BOG list for Dec 11-15, BCV 1 bdrm

Our Sept trip is cancelled due to the border closure extension, and I’m not feeling good about October, and November is still iffy, but December has my hopes up. Our original Dec trip was WL, for the holiday decor, then it got moved to Poly because WL is closed, and now Poly is closed too. They offered GF, but blech. Not our style at all. And, with the new AP discount there‘s no sense hanging onto that price protected booking anyway, so back home we come, getting the 1 bdrm villa for about the same price as we would have paid on the original WL booking since it was rack rate.

We need to just stop trying to stay elsewhere, we always end up at YC/BC/BCV, floating around the lazy river at SAB by the time the trip finally arrives.

Got it!

Really hoping these trips materialize for you, the sooner the better!

::yes::

My mom had a massive stroke & heart attack. She’s dying. We won’t be able to go on 9-13–9-19, so you can remove us from the list. We will try & see if Disney can move us to a later date with all our reservations, etc. if so I’ll give the dates later. My DH is going to try to take care of that, it’s his first time dealing with Disney planning. I don’t have the time or strength to do it.
To be honest, all I want to do is run away from this pain, watching her slowly die like this is more than I can bare. And I know when she goes I’ll want to escape. So maybe Disney will provide some comfort. It’s better than staying here, looking at everything that reminds of the hurt & loss. :guilty:

My mom had a massive stroke & heart attack. She’s dying. We won’t be able to go on 9-13–9-19, so you can remove us from the list. We will try & see if Disney can move us to a later date with all our reservations, etc. if so I’ll give the dates later. My DH is going to try to take care of that, it’s his first time dealing with Disney planning. I don’t have the time or strength to do it.
To be honest, all I want to do is run away from this pain, watching her slowly die like this is more than I can bare. And I know when she goes I’ll want to escape. So maybe Disney will provide some comfort. It’s better than staying here, looking at everything that reminds of the hurt & loss. :guilty:
I'm so sorry your family is going through such a devastating time. We all will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and praying for better times ahead.

Oh my, I am so sorry. Prayers for peace for her & strength & comfort for you. Such a painful time for you all.

I am so very sorry 😢.

Hi!

Trying to clean up the Be Our Guest list.

I have you at YC for Thanksgiving.

Where is your Christmas trip now? YC, Riviera or someplace else.

Thanks!

Dee

We are at YC at Thanksgiving, and that's it, moved the second half of Christmas to Riviera (would have had to move it anyway at this point with BC closed :( )

Just back from a quick weekend at Yacht Club...a busy weekend, but enjoyable just the same. Here are some quick observations..

All in all it was a fun, quick get away filled with water and laughs...we literally were at a pool the entire weekend and loved it!!

Any idea on the status of the Beach Club Marketplace renovations?

Page 1681-1682

finally staying at Yacht Club this coming Thanksgiving week. Never stayed before...any recommendation for good rooms in the garden/woods view category? Thanks much for any pointers/advice. :tilt:

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As others have suggested, the wedding gazebo view is lovely.

Here is a thread that has some samples and descriptions of various Yacht Club rooms

Yacht Club Room Views
Thank you!! We are renting a one bedroom in October..hoping it’s still around at that time!
I'll add you to the list.
:cool1:
We are booked for Nov 15th-20th at the Villas! We are super excited, as BCR is one of our favorite Resorts. I am super bummed that Cape May is still closed though.... It's looking more and more like we won't be able to eat a mountain of crab legs when we go! :(
:welcome: to this thread!
I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list.
:woohoo:
Where in the resort is this posted? In the main lobby?
:welcome: to posting on this thread.
Do you have an upcoming trip?
:cool2:
We come in September 11, a Friday. Our flight doesn’t land until 9, and I’m thinking we MAY be at the resort 10:30ish- anywhere we will be able to grab a bite that late??
:welcome:
Is your stay at the Yacht Club or Beach Club Villas?

If you are tired from your day of travel, you may not want to leave the resort to grab a bite, so your best bet may be to grab something at the airport. Although there are a couple of spots like Martha's Vineyard and Ale & Compass lounge that are open until 11, I believe they stop serving food at 10.

You may be able to order room service, but that is pretty pricey.

Dining Fall 2020.jpg

We just booked YC for 11/8 to 11/12. Was originally going to book at CSR, but seeing the deals we couldn't pass up coming back to YC.
So glad you have another stay here.
I'll add you to the list.
:dogdance:

Last edited:
Page 1683

Does anyone know what time Stormalong Bay closes? I couldn’t find the info online.

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

I have never been able to reliably find pool hours online either- best bet is to ask here.

The hours change throughout the year, depending on weather and crowd levels.

When YC/SAB first re-opened at the end of August, the hours were 9 am to 9 pm. They changed recently to 10 am to 10 pm.

:fish:

Sadly, I cancelled our trip for next week this afternoon. We just can’t quarantine for 2 weeks when we get home. We were considering trying again Thanksgiving weekend & luckily I was able to book the AP discount Tuesday morning. So we have 2 trips to YC to add to the Be Our Guest list please Dee.

November 27- December 2 & April 17 -24.

We also have a long weekend planned in March for a family member’s birthday celebration but don’t think that one will be at YC. So now we’re up to 3 trips cancelled in 2020 with 3 new ones planned. Hoping at least some of these ones happen. 🤞🏻

Sorry about this month's trip, but I'm happy to add your two new trips to the list!

:woohoo:

Hours switched today, September 4, to 10a-10p.

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thank you for the information about the pool hours!

:thanks:

Great resort, stayed there for the first time last year at Christmas. The gingerbread merry-go-round is incredible.

:welcome: to posting on this thread. So glad you enjoyed your trip last year!

🎠

ETA: Thanks for the responses. It appears that it is still Ms. Marinaccio.

Is Kim Marinaccio still the General Manager at the Yacht & Beach Club or is it someone else now? I thought someone recently referred to a "he", but I'm not positive. For those who have stayed recently or are there now, there is usually a letter in the room with the name and contact info for the GM.

:thanks:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter