• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there any difference between a room in the beach club and a room in the yacht club?
The YC does not have carpet, wood like flooring, looks a lot cleaner, more nautical theming, draperies have star consolations very pretty, don’t know if BC has lighted closets. Most of not all rooms have full balconies, BC does not

We booked one for the first week of October. (Full day). I didn’t ask about a half day rental as we are doing a full day away from the parks.

With my DVC discount I thought the full day rental price was very reasonable. $225 after tax I think.
We’re thinking about renting one for our trip at the end of October - does anyone know if you can bring your own cooler of beer? I assume you can (we always bring our own beers down to the pool) but thought I’d ask before we reserve one...

We’re thinking about renting one for our trip at the end of October - does anyone know if you can bring your own cooler of beer? I assume you can (we always bring our own beers down to the pool) but thought I’d ask before we reserve one...

I would assume you can. Nothing on the rules they read us over the phone mentioned this. And outside alcohol is allowed on the pool deck as long as no glass containers. You could always call and ask just to make sure.

Please call and ask! In the pre-Covid era, they had designated servers who relied on your gratuities from food and drink purchases. Technically you can bring in your own goodies, but etiquette-wise.......

Please call and ask! In the pre-Covid era, they had designated servers who relied on your gratuities from food and drink purchases. Technically you can bring in your own goodies, but etiquette-wise.......

fyi, you can tip your server/hostess without running up an additional $200 tab for a 12 pack of beer. I Don’t see these two issues as being attached to one another/poor etiquette

FWIW, when you rent a cabana, you really have two “types” of CMs that you interact with during the rental. There’s a recreation CM that basically “runs” the cabanas - preps them, stocks the waters/sodas, checks you in, brings the fruit tray in the AM/dessert tray in the afternoon, periodically comes around with a small snack basket (chips, etc), and is generally your point person for the day.

Separately, there is a food/beverage CM that takes Hurricane Hannah’s orders and will bring them to your cabana. This CM is often also serving the pool area in general, not just the cabanas.

Full day rentals can also experience a shift change later in the day for both CMs.

There is no requirement that you order your adult drinks from the food/beverage CM. You can bring a cooler or whatever else you see fit, just like you can anywhere in SAB.

Our food/beverage server was so slow/nonexistent this past weekend, I WISHED I had a cooler. :-) Although in fairness, we rented one two days and the server the second day was fantastic.

FWIW, when you rent a cabana, you really have two “types” of CMs that you interact with during the rental. There’s a recreation CM that basically “runs” the cabanas - preps them, stocks the waters/sodas, checks you in, brings the fruit tray in the AM/dessert tray in the afternoon, periodically comes around with a small snack basket (chips, etc), and is generally your point person for the day.

Separately, there is a food/beverage CM that takes Hurricane Hannah’s orders and will bring them to your cabana. This CM is often also serving the pool area in general, not just the cabanas.

Full day rentals can also experience a shift change later in the day for both CMs.

There is no requirement that you order your adult drinks from the food/beverage CM. You can bring a cooler or whatever else you see fit, just like you can anywhere in SAB.

Our food/beverage server was so slow/nonexistent this past weekend, I WISHED I had a cooler. :-) Although in fairness, we rented one two days and the server the second day was fantastic.
We rented a cabana at SAB on a spring break day (2019) and definitely felt like we got our money's worth. How did you feel about it right now with the reduced capacity at the pool? Still worth it to get a cabana?

We rented a cabana at SAB on a spring break day (2019) and definitely felt like we got our money's worth. How did you feel about it right now with the reduced capacity at the pool? Still worth it to get a cabana?

It was certainly worth it this weekend with SAB flirting/at capacity for periods during the day! In my opinion.

Although I think this weekend was probably a holiday anomaly so not sure if my opinion is really valid when things get slow again. To me, the resort felt relatively crowded and SAB felt pretty close to a regular day, despite the managed capacity - so I was very glad to have the dedicated, separated space.

While not worth $200+, one nice thing was being able to use the entrance by the cabanas. The SAB entrance you’d normally use coming from YC is now an exit so you have to walk more towards the BC side to get in. The cabana entrance was handy and saved some time.

At the end of the day, while a splurge of course, a dedicated shaded spot with nice cushy seating is awfully nice. 🙂

It was certainly worth it this weekend with SAB flirting/at capacity for periods during the day! In my opinion.

Although I think this weekend was probably a holiday anomaly so not sure if my opinion is really valid when things get slow again. To me, the resort felt relatively crowded and SAB felt pretty close to a regular day, despite the managed capacity - so I was very glad to have the dedicated, separated space.

While not worth $200+, one nice thing was being able to use the entrance by the cabanas. The SAB entrance you’d normally use coming from YC is now an exit so you have to walk more towards the BC side to get in. The cabana entrance was handy and saved some time.

At the end of the day, while a splurge of course, a dedicated shaded spot with nice cushy seating is awfully nice. 🙂
Thank you. We plan to be there on a weekend, so having a dedicated space and a closer entrance are very appealing.

Just back from a long weekend at YC. Had one of the more odd/interesting/funny (perhaps not?) WDW resort experiences last night, at least for us.

It was 10:15ish and we were winding down for bed after having closed down SAB. Had the balcony door open to let in some fresh air (I’ll post more about why later). Started to catch a few whiffs of “something.” Went out on the balcony and it was obvious. It wasn’t cigarette or cigar smoke, if you catch my drift. 😎

Aside from the annoyance of it intruding on our fresh air, DW and I shared a little chuckle at the apparent boldness of whoever was partaking. We’ve encountered a rare balcony cigarette/cigar smoker or two in our travels, but never this.

I get it’s 2020 and all, but it is still illegal in Florida, right?

Just back from a long weekend at YC. Had one of the more odd/interesting/funny (perhaps not?) WDW resort experiences last night, at least for us.

It was 10:15ish and we were winding down for bed after having closed down SAB. Had the balcony door open to let in some fresh air (I’ll post more about why later). Started to catch a few whiffs of “something.” Went out on the balcony and it was obvious. It wasn’t cigarette or cigar smoke, if you catch my drift. 😎

Aside from the annoyance of it intruding on our fresh air, DW and I shared a little chuckle at the apparent boldness of whoever was partaking. We’ve encountered a rare balcony cigarette/cigar smoker or two in our travels, but never this.

I get it’s 2020 and all, but it is still illegal in Florida, right?

Yes it’s still illegal in Florida for recreational use.

I’m kinda surprised if you’re avid travelers that this is your first experience smelling it in and around a hotel.

I catch a wiff of Mary Jane around once a year at a hotel somewhere. sometimes it’s obviously coming from a balcony. Sometimes it’s just guys out in the parking lot of the hotel.

it always makes me chuckle too!

Yes it’s still illegal in Florida for recreational use.

I’m kinda surprised if you’re avid travelers that this is your first experience smelling it in and around a hotel.

I catch a wiff of Mary Jane around once a year at a hotel somewhere. sometimes it’s obviously coming from a balcony. Sometimes it’s just guys out in the parking lot of the hotel.

it always makes me chuckle too!

Ha! Yeah, in my business travels in big cities, all the time. Just never at a Disney resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter