Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I check in on April 13 and did receive an e-mail, however, I had recently upgraded my stay (with RF closing, just decided to do CL again and heck, I'll get to see the new lounge).

Enjoy! We were there right after it opened in November and really enjoyed the new lounge and food offerings! I haven't done all of the CLs, but I rate the food we had in November probably #1 or #2 in our CL travels to date. The new lounge is beautiful. Hope you have a great trip!

LOL.... Funny thing, we really do not care. Granted, they don't know that but we are much happier with GP than we would have been with RF.

Nor do we. Sandy and I are already booked for our April-May trip, each morning, at our favorite WL breakfast location: Whispering Canyon.

Oh - edit..... we got the email. Just didn't care :).

I have a question to ask, any info is greatly appreciated: I am thinking about a split stay and with the dates available, I would stay here first then head over to POP. Is this resort wonderful to be at? It looks beautiful and I have always wanted to stay here. What would you do? Do you recommended a low or high floor level? I would love to be able to see the fireworks and height does not bother me. Thank you all!!!

I have a question to ask, any info is greatly appreciated: I am thinking about a split stay and with the dates available, I would stay here first then head over to POP. Is this resort wonderful to be at? It looks beautiful and I have always wanted to stay here. What would you do? Do you recommended a low or high floor level? I would love to be able to see the fireworks and height does not bother me. Thank you all!!!

It's as wonderful as it looks! :thumbsup2 By far, my favorite place to stay. Quiet, close to MK, good transportation and food service options, beautiful pool area, LOVE the geyser and the massive lobby is beautiful! In my opinion, the current construction is not an issue. A higher floor would give you a view of the fireworks. Yes, I'd stay here in a heartbeat! :tink:

It's as wonderful as it looks! :thumbsup2 By far, my favorite place to stay. Quiet, close to MK, good transportation and food service options, beautiful pool area, LOVE the geyser and the massive lobby is beautiful! In my opinion, the current construction is not an issue. A higher floor would give you a view of the fireworks. Yes, I'd stay here in a heartbeat! :tink:
Thank you and I have changed my plans last night for a split stay. :tigger:

We just booked a Deluxe Studio for 10/26 - 11/1. This will be our first time staying here, typically we stay at WL so I do have a few questions.

1) Does housekeeping charge extra if you need more towels in your room?

2) Will we receive the three piece Construction Pin Set?

3) Where do you go to refill the Rapid Refillable Mugs?

Thanks so much!
EDIT: We are NOT DVC or AP - if that matters.
EDIT: We went through David's Vacation Rentals

Last edited:
We just booked a Deluxe Studio for 10/26 - 11/1. This will be our first time staying here, typically we stay at WL so I do have a few questions.

Thanks so much!

It sounds like you're booked on cash for the studio so you'll get full housekeeping daily and if you need even more towels I'm sure housekeeping will get them for you. Cash reservations do not pay extra for services.

Refillable mugs - Geyser Point has the new refill station I believe.

Forgive me if this has been answered already:

So with the construction,if I want to catch a glimpse of Wishes, should I still request something in the 6042-6058 range, or are my options more open now because they've removed some trees?

Forgive me if this has been answered already:

So with the construction,if I want to catch a glimpse of Wishes, should I still request something in the 6042-6058 range, or are my options more open now because they've removed some trees?
You could see Wishes from many of the standard view rooms on the 4th, 5th and 6th floors. The 5th and 6th floors would have the best views. There are still some trees up, so I can give you room numbers. I remember having an almost perfect view from room 5008, but that was in 2013.

The rooms that you listed are above the service area and I personally would avoid that section of rooms if possible. I don't like to hear the sounds of delivery trucks at 6:30am.

You could see Wishes from many of the standard view rooms on the 4th, 5th and 6th floors. The 5th and 6th floors would have the best views. There are still some trees up, so I can give you room numbers. I remember having an almost perfect view from room 5008, but that was in 2013.

The rooms that you listed are above the service area and I personally would avoid that section of rooms if possible. I don't like to hear the sounds of delivery trucks at 6:30am.
We've stayed in that area before and the sound of the trucks didn't bother us that much. We are early risers anyway.

It sounds like you're booked on cash for the studio so you'll get full housekeeping daily and if you need even more towels I'm sure housekeeping will get them for you. Cash reservations do not pay extra for services.

Refillable mugs - Geyser Point has the new refill station I believe.

Thanks for responding. We rented through David's Vacation Rentals so does this change how things will work for us?

Thanks for responding. We rented through David's Vacation Rentals so does this change how things will work for us?

Oh yes! Then it's a point rental. You'd get towels replenished every 4 days but if you want more you are supposed to be charged although they don't always get the charge done.

As Walt Disney Travel is undergoing "Magical Enhancements" today, and cannot pull up my reservation until 3pm, I'll ask the experts here;

When we made our reservations 10 months ago, I specifically remember booking a standard room with a queen and bunk beds. When I look at the rooms online today, the standard rooms only show two queens, no bunks. The Courtyard View rooms show bunks, which for us would be a $700 increase.

Am I mistaken? Has something changed? We leave in 10 days, and now my stress level is magically enhanced. Argh!

As Walt Disney Travel is undergoing "Magical Enhancements" today, and cannot pull up my reservation until 3pm, I'll ask the experts here;

When we made our reservations 10 months ago, I specifically remember booking a standard room with a queen and bunk beds. When I look at the rooms online today, the standard rooms only show two queens, no bunks. The Courtyard View rooms show bunks, which for us would be a $700 increase.

Am I mistaken? Has something changed? We leave in 10 days, and now my stress level is magically enhanced. Argh!

I can't answer your specific question but I've been trying to modify an upcoming reservation for most of the day. Have called twice and their booking system is down and nothing showing up online in terms of availability matches what I had been seeing pre-whatever issue they are having. So I think things are pretty screwy at the moment! :-)

Have a great trip, you're going to WDW, don't stress!

According to Disney's website, only courtyard view (and club level) have bunk beds. Hopefully someone with actual experience can chime in.

Also, did you save your confirmation email? The info about what you booked would be on there, so you could see it even though you can't access through Disney's site.

Thanks so much!
EDIT: We went through David's Vacation Rentals

I don't believe you will be charged if you are requesting additional towels (based on the number of occupants in your room) but if you are requesting clean towels you should incur a charge. You may launder them for free in the DVC laundry room on the first floor near the entry (bring your own soap or buy it from vending in the laundry room).

If they are still doing pins as a construction "apology" during your travel dates, you should get them. We stayed on our own points in December and got the pins.

I believe roaring forks will be back open for your dates so you can probably get mugs either at geyser point or roaring forks. Keep an eye on the boards between now and then!

Enjoy your studio :) I liked the studio better than the main lodge rooms. It was just more our style and I LOVE having a full size coffee pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter