• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got home from Wilderness Lodge. had a blast. At check-in we were offered to upgrade to club level for $99 a night and I did it. I was booked in standard view with the Gift of Magic room offer (25% off I believe) and decided to pay the extra $300. We were so glad we did because the new lounge is awesome and we had a great time. The resort is so pretty and was very quiet. It was a perfect time to stay there.
@woodnymph I got the room request per your advice (room overlooking lobby). It was a delight. Thanks :) (our room was not upgraded. We just had the club level access)
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the lobby view room. I am debating whether or not to request that view for our upcoming trip in March. When we stayed in a lobby view room in 2015 we had a room on the 4th floor right near the main staircase over the front door. It was really convenient to use the stairs instead of the elevators. Our view of MK was mostly blocked by trees back then. How was the view of MK from your lobby view room? Could you see the castle from that location? Our only other MK view room was 6018, which had a very nice view of the fireworks.
Ultimately I would like a nice fireworks view, so maybe I just ask for that. :)

We just got home from Wilderness Lodge. had a blast. At check-in we were offered to upgrade to club level for $99 a night and I did it. I was booked in standard view with the Gift of Magic room offer (25% off I believe) and decided to pay the extra $300. We were so glad we did because the new lounge is awesome and we had a great time. The resort is so pretty and was very quiet. It was a perfect time to stay there.
@woodnymph I got the room request per your advice (room overlooking lobby). It was a delight. Thanks :) (our room was not upgraded. We just had the club level access)
Do you have any pics, more info on the CL experience? I am wondering if this would be worth it if offered to us next month.

Last edited:

Do you have any pics, more info on the CL experience? I am wondering if this wold be worth it if offered to us next month.

I stayed WL CL the week after the new lounge opened back in November. I posted a bunch of pics over on the CL thread starting here: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

I posted over several days so my posts aren't in order, but if you flip through the pages after this link you should find them all.

Loved, loved, loved, the lounge and food. Among the best, if not THE best food we have experienced in any CL. Wish it had been a longer stay!

I stayed WL CL the week after the new lounge opened back in November. I posted a bunch of pics over on the CL thread starting here: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions
Ok, great. I'll take a look. May or may not be offered to us next month, but if it is, I want to be prepared.
I posted over several days so my posts aren't in order, but if you flip through the pages after this link you should find them all.

Loved, loved, loved, the lounge and food. Among the best, if not THE best food we have experienced in any CL. Wish it had been a longer stay!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the lobby view room. I am debating whether or not to request that view for our upcoming trip in March. When we stayed in a lobby view room in 2015 we had a room on the 4th floor right near the main staircase over the front door. It was really convenient to use the stairs instead of the elevators. Our view of MK was mostly blocked by trees back then. How was the view of MK from your lobby view room? Could you see the castle from that location? Our only other MK view room was 6018, which had a very nice view of the fireworks.
Ultimately I would like a nice fireworks view, so maybe I just ask for that. :)
We enjoyed the fireworks from our room. There were trees but sparse - We were in 5th floor by that staircase.
I will always request a lobby view/location. Loved it!

IMG_4321.JPG

IMG_4999.JPG

Do you have any pics, more info on the CL experience? I am wondering if this would be worth it if offered to us next month.

The cast members were very friendly and helpful. The lounge is super nice and everything still smelled like new construction.
Nice offerings and several seating areas. My fave was along the railing overlooking lobby.
We went up for breakfast each morning and made a meal from evening offerings 5-7pm two nights. The lobby was very pleasant (practically empty until our last morning) so we spent a good deal of time up there. For me, it was a nice addition to my trip and frankly a pretty good deal.
IMG_5017.JPG IMG_4925.JPG IMG_4810.JPG

We enjoyed the fireworks from our room. There were trees but sparse - We were in 5th floor by that staircase.
I will always request a lobby view/location. Loved it!
That is very similar to the fireworks from room 4088.

How did you get to keep your regular room when you upgraded to club level? Did they ask you at check if about the CL upgrade? I would consider booking club level again if I didn't have to stay in a dormer balcony room.

How did you get to keep your regular room when you upgraded to club level? Did they ask you at check if about the CL upgrade? I would consider booking club level again if I didn't have to stay in a dormer balcony room.

That's something I wondered as well. We are staying CL in June for 7 days but would rather move down from the 7th Floor if it meant having an open balcony. I had an enclosed balcony one year on the 6th floor and really never enjoyed sitting out there.

My mom and I are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time in a couple of months. Can someone give me some information about the Tri Circle D Ranch? Is it located on the Wilderness Lodge property or Fort Wilderness? Is Fort Wilderness (Tri Circle D Ranch) within walking distance of the Wilderness Lodge? What transportation options other than walking to the Ranch are available...bus, bike, golf cart, boat?

My mom and I are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time in a couple of months. Can someone give me some information about the Tri Circle D Ranch? Is it located on the Wilderness Lodge property or Fort Wilderness? Is Fort Wilderness (Tri Circle D Ranch) within walking distance of the Wilderness Lodge? What transportation options other than walking to the Ranch are available...bus, bike, golf cart, boat?

It is along at Fort Wilderness. An easy walk - 20 minutes or so at a guess - we usually do the walk once whilst at the lodge and you will (Almost certainly) see a bambi or two on the way along there - we always have! If the weather comes in you can always get the bus along or even get the boat to contemporary then to Fort Wilderness.

Can you rent a surrey bike from the Wilderness Lodge to ride to The Tri Circle D Ranch?

The Trip Circle D ranch is at Fort Wilderness. The pony rides, wagon rides and draft horses are at the north end of Fort Wilderness, by the boat dock. The trail riding is at the south end, by check in.

You can walk over or boat over for the north end. Take a bus over (it is one of the park ones...I think AK, but not sure) for trail riding, it drops off at the south end. Or, you can take the boat or walk over and then take an internal Fort Wilderness bus down to the south end for trail riding.

I was offered the upgrade to club level access but was told we would keep our assigned room and that I had gotten my request for room overlooking lobby. My assigned room was not ready (although by the time we got up to the lounge it was) but the CM took our MBs and coded them to access the 7th floor when tapped on the Mickey in the elevator. We could then easily walk back down from the lounge to our room via the staircase. A CM told us we could call or text and they would leave that staircase door open for us if they knew we were coming but we didn't want to ask for that.

I need some help making a decision. We are a family of 5 (myself, hubby, three kids ages 14, 11, and 5) planning on staying at the Wilderness this spring. We can't decide between a Studio Villa or a Deluxe Room Club Level. Also can't decide about the meal plan. We stayed at the Wilderness in 2010 and loved it, but we were a family of 4 then in a regular non-club level room. Stayed at PORS in 2014 with the meal plan, but disliked how small the rooms were, the lack of a balcony, how spread out the resort is, and how long we had to wait for the buses, etc. So, we know we will enjoy the Wilderness, but is the Club Level worth it? Also the meal plan is so pricey now that we have 4 Disney adults--is it worth it? Thanks for any input!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter