Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the thread, @SeaPic!
I believe there is enough room in a one bedroom for an air mattress. Not trying to push you out of VWL, but if you love FW and your kids don't want to camp, have you considered a cabin?

It is super easy getting to FW. There are 3 options:

The concrete path goes directly to the area where the FW ponies and stables are, which is next to Pioneer Hall, TE, the marina, general store, Clementine Beach and MBBBQ.

There is also a bus and the Blue Flag boat. However, you can not drive a golf cart down the WL-FW path. They are only permitted in certain areas of FW (and are quite expensive). You can rent bikes at WL or FW and take those all around and back and forth.

Bikes! Great option! Thanks!

I did consider the cabins but thought it might be a little too cozy. DD16 and DS12. Besides it's an excuse to stay at WL! I haven't been to Ft. Wilderness since River Country and Discovery Island were still around. Lol. I only saw photos of WL until my first trip in 20 years when Magical Express stopped there on the way to the airport and DH said ohhh, I want to stay here. Don't need to ask me twice!

WDWKOOK.....just who is the manager of the Club Level these days? I always knew in the past but have forgotten, and it likely has changed anyhow. Thanks.

We were there the last week in August and except for a core of three people,Kirk,Emily and I think Ally,the CM's at the Club seemed to change on a daily basis,including the suits who showed up about once a day. It was difficult to form any type of bond,like we used to in the past. Everyone was pleasant,just different on a daily basis.

Thank you for posting some photos:)

That must have been fun to see. We left on 1/1 that year so the decorations were still up.

They are hoping that the new lounge will open by Christmas, but a CM believes it may be early 2017. I'll log your dates:)

They will also publish a monthly Activity Calendar. The link to the current one is in POST 1.

View attachment 200531

It was reported that guests aren't allowed on the balcony due to the fire code. The balcony was originally built for a max. room occupancy of 4, I believe. Although it did have a dining room table that seated 6.

That might have been me. When we were there in August,one of the CM's said that she wished she could let us go out there to take pictures,but the Fire Code prevented them from allowing that. Kirk said, he goes out there to just clean the windows,which we appreciated on the day's a mist would form on them.

We have a reservation in February 2017. Should wenhave received any document form the WL. We booked a weekend getaway at the BCV in May 2017 and have received a little booklet.

:tinker:I have just a few weeks and got a booklet and my magic bands this week....I received the construction letter a couple weeks ago....so think they are sending them out later than the past.

Oh I used to love the CM's coming to chat with us while we ate breakfast some days, and getting off the elevator and being greeted. Must be an adjustment to them as well not having full scope of the floor.....I saw a room open up lower down the other day but guess I will stay on the Club Level.....keep checking my email for a late PIN or UOC.....well getting geeked nonetheless that in a few short weeks I will be there....it will be 3 years January since I last visited and it seems an eternity!!!!:-)

That last picture looks like it will be the Hidden Springs pool. It looks like they might be rebuilding it to look the same as the old pool. I hope they still have the bubbling springs. The springs made it may favorite resort pool. :)

Yep to that! Hidden springs pool
Is our favorite resort pool - my kids loved swooning around the bubbling springs. I hope they keep it similar to the original.

Bikes! Great option! Thanks!

I did consider the cabins but thought it might be a little too cozy. DD16 and DS12. Besides it's an excuse to stay at WL! I haven't been to Ft. Wilderness since River Country and Discovery Island were still around. Lol. I only saw photos of WL until my first trip in 20 years when Magical Express stopped there on the way to the airport and DH said ohhh, I want to stay here. Don't need to ask me twice!

They are actually roomier than ever since they are all brand new as of last year. The cabins now have one queen bed (instead of a full-sized bed) and a set of bunk beds (66x36) in one bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room has replaced the full-sized Murphy Bed.

WDWKOOK.....just who is the manager of the Club Level these days? I always knew in the past but have forgotten, and it likely has changed anyhow. Thanks.

Currently, I don't know who the manager is. The manager no longer has an office on the 7th floor. After Randy, the manager's office moved downstairs and the OFC managers have been more "behind the scenes" and not "hands-on" like Randy was.

We have a reservation in February 2017. Should wenhave received any document form the WL. We booked a weekend getaway at the BCV in May 2017 and have received a little booklet.

You won't really receive anything, other than an email confirmation after booking, sometimes a WDTC snail mail confirmation and that not-so-helpful Incredibles booklet. At about the one month point, you'll receive your MBs.

Currently, I don't know who the manager is. The manager no longer has an office on the 7th floor. After Randy, the manager's office moved downstairs and the OFC managers have been more "behind the scenes" and not "hands-on" like Randy was.

Bummer, that was how I often ensured my room selection at 5 days.....everyone deferred to him, when I called..... but maybe after all is said and done it will revert to a more personal interaction we came to appreciate.

Bummer, that was how I often ensured my room selection at 5 days.....everyone deferred to him, when I called..... but maybe after all is said and done it will revert to a more personal interaction we came to appreciate.
I would think that IPO would be able to tell you who the manager was. :)

I placed our order with Garden Grocer for snacks and stuff, but realized I forgot to order coffee filters. Can anyone tell me what size/shape of coffee filter we will need? I'll just grab a box from our grocery and toss it in our luggage.

We are staying in DVC Villas.

I placed our order with Garden Grocer for snacks and stuff, but realized I forgot to order coffee filters. Can anyone tell me what size/shape of coffee filter we will need? I'll just grab a box from our grocery and toss it in our luggage.

The Villas have a regular 12 cup coffee pot.

Flat bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter