Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were scented products in my room (main building not villas) in 2013- behind the tv from what we think was a plug in. But, I get migraines from odors and I didn't have a problem.

Probably left behind by another guest, and not noticed by housekeeping.

Laura

Absolutely my pleasure!!!!! I love taking pictures. I get made fun of by friends and family for always having a camera in my hand.....until they ask me for copies.
We just returned to our room after watching the Wishes fireworks. If you walk past the OFC to the end of the hallway,you can open up the wood shutters on the windows and get a perfect view of the fireworks.
I also have been trying to post the Electric Water Parade,which I filmed last night,but it won't upload to the comment box. Possibly, a 5 minute video might be too much to post. It compresses,but won't go that one more step of posting. I'm open to suggestion.....

Can you do me a huge favor? Can you check the room service menu and see what they have for dinner? They used to have a chicken penne pasta that I hear is off the menu.

If you could post updated menu pics that would be awesome.

Checked in today and got room 5016 which is standard view, but has a lovely view of the castle and Contemporary and watched Wishes from our balcony tonight :goodvibes Couldn't ask for a better room or a more perfect view! Will try to post some pictures when we get home.
We were two doors down in room 5012 last month. The view was great! Enjoy your trip.

I read on the Disney website that the Marina may be closed due to construction. I was wondering if transportation via boat/ferry to Fort Wilderness was also impacted by the construction. I'd like to visit to see the decorations during the holidays.

We've been taking the boat back and forth from here to FW the last few days.
As previously posted,the dock and marina are two completely different areas.
There are also buses that run between the two resorts should you need back up transportation.

image.jpg Did you ever buy something you felt you had to have without being able to come up a valid reason why?
Say hello to my new purchase. A light up plastic lotus blossom. It was at a popcorn cart in AK this evening. I'm going to put one of those light up cubes inside it and hang it by the front door ( it's covered). It changes color. I think that will be my reason for buying it....yeah,that'll work. I bought it because it changes colors............. image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Took the Destinations World Tour at EPCOT yesterday. Started 3 hours before it opened. Got some great pictures of the buildings with no people in any of the pictures. Learned a lot about the buildings and their meanings. Liked it a lot better than the Futureworld tour we took in December. Just really cool being the only ones walking around. Very peaceful. Done quite a few tours,but so far,our favorite might still be Wild Afrika Trek. I will never forget hearing that lion roar- you could feel it in your chest. Once in a lifetime experience!

Just came back from our first stay at wilderness Lodge.

We stood in room 5059 for a week which is a courtview bunk room. Room was situated about 2-3 rooms away from the corner overlooking the outside wooden deck leading into the lobby..great view and buffered the noise from the pool.

As for construction noise barley noticeable through most of our stay. You can see the crew working in the rooms adjacent to ours, hanging around the pool and the gates are up behind the pool bar but again nothing distracting..only time I could hear the crew is when we walked to the bus stop and could see the work being done.

Roaring forks was a let down for me..he flatbed pizza was just ok, some of the sandwich was good..tuna probably best. Having the hotel half empty was a major treat for us, busses was often quick with the exception when road construction started around contemporary which shared a bus to HS. It took a good 35min wait for the bus to show. HS was a little overwhelmed with star wars everywhere, kids where saddened that the honey I shrunk the kids set was gone.

MK was busy everyday seemed we couldn't get any breathing space..Blackish was filming on our last day and saw the crew..didn't seem to distrupt much of anything..major perk was the crane was dropped for the entire day which allowed more photo times at the castle!!
I'll try and post some photos later of WL

Thank you for posting about your stay, @tomeaine:)

Just finished decorating my magicband.

XZ0yFGB.jpg

ZuCpsog.jpg

I could only imagine the magicbands Disney would've pumped out if they were around for Epcot's 30th.

Very cool!

View attachment 190121 View attachment 190122 Hey Kook, I PMed you back.
So, there I was at the window,having moved something aside to get to the window( any more info on that and if they read these,they'll figure out who I am),taking pics of the construction,when I got flying tackled by a " suit" who did not want me to take any pictures. So I said okay ( because I already got A picture before she stopped me). I got one pic,then I snuck back a little while later for the second pic,so the crane was already gone.So here they are,facing the MK....

Unbelievable. I had to re-read your post because I've never encountered this at any resort, much less WL, where I think I've photographed every nook and club level cranny. The OFC CMs have always been nothing but supportive in my endeavors and I can not imagine why a suit would say such a thing to a guest.

The view you posted is the same from any North Wing/north-facing balcony or any hallway window that sits at the beginning of every North Wing level where the shutters are. If the suit was trying to create the illusion that "there's nothing to see here folks, go on your merry way, no construction here..." then he/she must be delusional. What guest wouldn't know what's going on when they either take the monorail, take the boat, look off their balcony or walk around the resort? This is nuts, it's all public knowledge. You're so good to take the photos, but you should never have been treated that way. These same views are all over the boards and blogs and FB. There's no "secret" you're revealing.

Oh,one more thing. While having some pulled pork and curried chicken salad this evening in the lounge ( both items were ahhhmaazzzing), someone asked one of the CM's why the other wing was closed off. It was their first visit to WL and their first day here. The CM told her that the rooms were getting tired looking and they were only closed for refurbishment. That they were being gutted completely because they needed everything new,rugs,paint,furniture,etc. No mention of DVC.......
Sooooooo, now that just adds to the confusion.........

No confusion, except for the uninformed guest. It's just another suit telling the costumed CMs to not tell the guests the truth. Like @KAT4DISNEY posted below, the CMs are sworn to secrecy and in the beginning phases of projects, many times they know less than the guests. I can confirm that the South Wing is not getting a room rehab and will become DVC villas.

I'd suspect they are just tightening up on what the CM's say. They really aren't supposed to discuss until paperwork is complete. It's like when BLT was being built. If you asked if that building was going to be DVC they'd respond with "what building?". :goodvibes

Yep, let's close the shutters and the guests won't have any idea we're building DVC cabins:ssst:

I suspect it's because it ruins the fantasy atmosphere they try to project. They'll admit to some construction going on,but won't linger on the subject. It's as if they want us only to see the completed project,as if it just sprang up overnight. There are probably other reasons,maybe business/ corporate based also.

They also have stopped Flag Family and will actually say " until construction is over". So they do use the word construction,but seeing it is another thing altogether. I suppose they could site safety issues for no Flag Family,,but the stairs for the roof isn't on the south wing side. I'm wondering if it's because they just don't want anyone seeing the construction in progress.....

Yep, too many questions they don't want to/can't answer so hence, no FF.

Took the Destinations World Tour at EPCOT yesterday. Started 3 hours before it opened. Got some great pictures of the buildings with no people in any of the pictures. Learned a lot about the buildings and their meanings. Liked it a lot better than the Futureworld tour we took in December. Just really cool being the only ones walking around. Very peaceful. Done quite a few tours,but so far,our favorite might still be Wild Afrika Trek. I will never forget hearing that lion roar- you could feel it in your chest. Once in a lifetime experience!

We were signed up for that last August, but had to cancel. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I heard you couldn't take any backstage photos?

True,you cannot take any photos once you leave the main drag and go behind the scenes. The only place we were allowed was on the steam train tour. Keys To The Kingdom and both Epcot tours don't allow backstage photos. I so wanted to take a picture of the back of the Eiffel Tower ( it's actually small in height and only what you see,no bottom),and the trick they play with the trees at the Canada mountain. We once saw Cinderella in sweats and jogging, plugged into her IPod down in the Utilidors, and Belle getting her makeup,but no pics allowed. We also saw color drawings of the new Main Street Parade on a bulletin board a year before it actually showed up on Main St, but no pics allowed.....

True,you cannot take any photos once you leave the main drag and go behind the scenes. The only place we were allowed was on the steam train tour. Keys To The Kingdom and both Epcot tours don't allow backstage photos. I so wanted to take a picture of the back of the Eiffel Tower ( it's actually small in height and only what you see,no bottom),and the trick they play with the trees at the Canada mountain. We once saw Cinderella in sweats and jogging, plugged into her IPod down in the Utilidors, and Belle getting her makeup,but no pics allowed. We also saw color drawings of the new Main Street Parade on a bulletin board a year before it actually showed up on Main St, but no pics allowed.....

I think I remember you posted once about Cinderella. That must have seemed surreal. (BTW, I PM'd you yesterday.)

My family (all adults) are planning a trip for Dec 2017. We are still undecided on which resort we will stay at, but my parents and I love the theming at WL! While this is not anyone's first trip to Disney, it will be everyone's first time staying on Dis property. Do you speculate that a lot of the construction will be complete in another 15 months or so?

My family (all adults) are planning a trip for Dec 2017. We are still undecided on which resort we will stay at, but my parents and I love the theming at WL! While this is not anyone's first trip to Disney, it will be everyone's first time staying on Dis property. Do you speculate that a lot of the construction will be complete in another 15 months or so?

That's a tough question to answer, in theory, the answer should be YES, but in practice, it's any one's guess. The permit documents indicate a general completion around April, but with many reports that the resort is under heavy construction, in multiple areas, some speculate that this will go on through 2017. With your trip possibly 15 months away, we really can't answer your question at this time.

Thank you for the response! Yes, I understand that our trip is a long ways off and there is A LOT of construction going on. Just looking for a little insight. I didn't realize just how much construction was occurring until I started reading the resort threads.

Thank you for the response! Yes, I understand that our trip is a long ways off and there is A LOT of construction going on. Just looking for a little insight. I didn't realize just how much construction was occurring until I started reading the resort threads.
You're welcome. More specific information is in the WL DVC Expansion thread located HERE

I was really considering booking here for Marathon Weekend (Jan 2017) for my husband and I. We have wanted to visit this resort for a while but our trips seems to always coincide with construction here! Maybe we should just bite the bullet and book it anyway??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter