Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

So we fly in tonight for our POR visit! My husband flies in late tomorrow, which worries me. I'm from FL and don't find myself extremely worried about the hurricane yet but am expecting miserable rain. Any POR tips on bad weather? I was going to bring cheap ponchos but decided to invest in good Disney ones first thing at the resort.

So excited. Just booked for May!

Looking forward to reading posts and figuring out where in the resort we'd like to stay. I know room requests aren't guaranteed but it doesn't hurt to hope!

Where would you recommend requesting if it is just me and my 9year old daughter? We visited POR a few weeks ago while staying at a different resort and some areas seem a bit isolated. Worried about walking back after dark/late at night just us 2 ladies.

Hello everyone :)
We are super excited to be staying here over Halloween. Im looking at the activities and one of them is Mickey Tye Dye. Does anyone know what you dye? We're just curious. Thanks!!

Where would you recommend requesting if it is just me and my 9year old daughter? We visited POR a few weeks ago while staying at a different resort and some areas seem a bit isolated. Worried about walking back after dark/late at night just us 2 ladies.

If you want closest to the main building, preferred is the only guarantee. If you think she'd like a royal room, those are nice too. They're not closest to the main building, but not too far out.

If you want closest to the main building, preferred is the only guarantee. If you think she'd like a royal room, those are nice too. They're not closest to the main building, but not too far out.

She's asking about requests though, and you can't request a royal room since they're a separate booking category.

DisneyFanJenn; If you are really worried about it, I would probably suggest the mansion section where there are less winding pathways through foliage areas. I will say, on the conference days that I had to get back to the room earlier, that my DW felt totally safe walking around the resort when coming back to the resort late at night with our DD.

DisneyFanJenn; If you are really worried about it, I would probably suggest the mansion section where there are less winding pathways through foliage areas. I will say, on the conference days that I had to get back to the room earlier, that my DW felt totally safe walking around the resort when coming back to the resort late at night with our DD.

Thank you! Never went without DH before so this is new territory for me.

Woo-Hoo! We just booked this resort for 1/1-1/7/2017 with the free DP! CBR was slightly cheaper, but we've stayed there the past two trips and haven't been here since 2006! When we did the same deal in Sept of '15 POR wasn't even an option. Can't wait to go back! :yay:

I asked the kids if they would like a trip to WDW as their Christmas/Hanukkah gifts (interfaith family) and they said "yes"! I like the idea if experiences of more toys. The toys will eventually break or be discarded. The memories of the experience will last a lifetime! We were going to take the kids to DL over spring Break, but this deal popped up and with our school Districts crazy Winter Break, they would only miss two days of school on these dates and we'd save over $1000. How could my DH say "no" to that?! :D

We will be there the SAME dates and my daughter gave the same answer about Disney vs. presents. We've taught our kids well! :yay:

She's asking about requests though, and you can't request a royal room since they're a separate booking category.

I'm aware of that. I'm sorry, I was multitasking and not thinking about her using the word "request." Requests unfortunately have no guarantees, so if you are really worried about it, would recommend booking a preferred or royal room.

I was afraid of that! Thanks!

Would there be ANY chances of us getting rooms together when we check in? Would they let him change if there is any availability? I keep checking the website and the hotel seems pretty booked. Do they have extra rooms just in case?

Oak Manor is Royal Rooms, and the building next to it, Magnolia Terrace is regular rooms. So you could get rooms fairly close to each other. Have a look at the resort map on pg 1.
thanks! If we cant change I will request that! I know my hubby and brother might want to see Bob one night sans kids and it would be nice to have his kids next door...

Would there be ANY chances of us getting rooms together when we check in? Would they let him change if there is any availability? I keep checking the website and the hotel seems pretty booked. Do they have extra rooms just in case?

Well it can never hurt to ask. Send a fax 3-5 days before you arrive asking for rooms as close as possible to each other, saying that you didn't realise when you booked that the two different room types would mean separate buildings. But which is more important to you though, close proximity or you having the Royal Room? You could try asking if it would be possible to upgrade the regular room to a Royal one by paying the price difference (to be honest they would most likely not charge you, but it looks better if you make the offer rather than just asking for something for free).

Can anyone please confirm if magic bands are sold in the POR store?

Yep, you can buy a selection of bands at the shop.

Andre

Well it can never hurt to ask. Send a fax 3-5 days before you arrive asking for rooms as close as possible to each other, saying that you didn't realise when you booked that the two different room types would mean separate buildings. But which is more important to you though, close proximity or you having the Royal Room? You could try asking if it would be possible to upgrade the regular room to a Royal one by paying the price difference (to be honest they would most likely not charge you, but it looks better if you make the offer rather than just asking for something for free).

Yep, you can buy a selection of bands at the shop.

Andre
Thanks Andre! We were able to get connected rooms via fax last time and we did have didn't room cats (just this time I have royal room) he would pay the difference:)

Does anyone know if there is a usb charging port in the room? I have an external charger that I will need to plug in at night. Thanks!

I have a 4 USB port charger that I purchased on Amazon. I plugged it in by the bedside table and used it to charge my external charger, phone, running watch and headphones. Worked like a charm. I use it at home as well to charge 3/4 items.

My DH and I reserved a king bed room. From my understanding, these can be placed anywhere on the resort, even the preferred rooms? My parents have a river view room reserved for the same 5 days that we are there. Do all the buildings have some king bed rooms? What about for river view? Which buildings are those in?

Also, if anyone has any pictures of each room, we would love to see them!

My DH and I reserved a king bed room. From my understanding, these can be placed anywhere on the resort, even the preferred rooms? My parents have a river view room reserved for the same 5 days that we are there. Do all the buildings have some king bed rooms? What about for river view? Which buildings are those in?

Correct, there are King Bed rooms scattered all around the resort, including within the 'preferred location' buildings, and also some few facing towards the river. River View rooms are all located overlooking the river (kinda obviously) so are in buildings 14, 27, 38, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. The best located ones that are next to King Bed rooms are in Magnolia Terrace.

If you want nearby rooms, make sure you get both reservations linked together on the system in advance, and perhaps send a fax 3-5 days out requesting two of 'wing end' rooms in Magnolia Terrace:

upload_2016-10-7_8-55-25.png
(this is the upper floor, dark blue rooms are River View, purple are King Bed)

Andre

I feel a little funny trying to send a faxed room request today for my room check in next week. I'm still planning to arrive next Wed unless something occurs with my flight or the 2nd hurricane loop tries to come and affect Orlando. :sad2: :worried:

I tried to call that POR fax number (407-934-5777) anyway and it just rings and rings, not fax answering? So I guess they turned it off or aren't accepting any fax calls right now? I will try again Monday. I hope everything gets back to some normal Disney business and people there and on their way there can make the best of things. :sunny:

Overthinking maybe? I have stayed at this resort a few times. I am an early riser and wake up before the sun rises. I normally would get our families mugs and stroll down and wait for coffee. Now thinking of where our rooms always seem to be, there are dark areas that always freaked me out like the tree frogs jumping out at me, but my fear is real this time. Right past the bridge going towards the pool is the area. I'm scared to death of an alligator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter