Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Counting the days (15!) to a mother/daughter stay at POR (Royal Room River View) and putting some final touches on our plans which of course include seeing Yeeha Bob. :love:

I just saw on his website that he's taking a couple nights off (April 19-20) so leaves us with 4 nights during our stay in which to see him - the first Friday and Saturday and the last Friday and Saturday we are there (trip dates are April 14-23).

Wanted to solicit your opinions on a couple of items please if I may:

1. Our flight lands in MCO at 4:35 PM on Friday the 14th. I had originally planned for us to go to Animal Kingdom that night (6:50 ADR for Tiffins along with a 9:05 FP+ for Rivers of Light). Am I being too aggressive thinking we can possibly make a 6:50 ADR after landing at 4:35 (utilizing Magical Express)? We usually drive, so only have a handful of experiences using Magical Express.

If so, I may cancel the plans for AK that evening and use that as a night to see Bob and reschedule AK for a night he's not at POR.

2. My DD also wants to enjoy watching some of the 8:30 'Movies Under the Stars' (specifically Tangled, which is scheduled to show on Saturdays in April - the same time Bob starts his first set. Please refresh my memory - approximately what time does he start the second half of his show? Is it possible to to watch the movie and then catch the 2nd half of his show?

In the past we've gone before 8:30 to get a table to see him, so wasn't sure how easy to get a table later on in the evening?

3. We've never been to Disney World for spring break/Easter so am not sure what to expect crowd wise at the resort or parks. Will it be impossible to find seating in the food court, buses, etc? We are laid back and excited to just be there, so will go with the flow; but if you could share your experiences or provide any spring break tips it would be much appreciated.

TIA! :flower2:
OP to answer question # 1 I would cancel. We have been anywhere from 60 minutes to 2 hours getting to POFQ once we got to ME line . Then you have to figure maybe an hour to your AK ADR if you have to wait for a bus.
As for Bob's 2nd show if memory serves it is usually after 10:00. We have gone in November and there were tables after the 1st show but the resort wasn't as crowded as Spring/Easter break. But on the other hand the parks may not have been open as late.

Counting the days (15!) to a mother/daughter stay at POR (Royal Room River View) and putting some final touches on our plans which of course include seeing Yeeha Bob. :love:

I just saw on his website that he's taking a couple nights off (April 19-20) so leaves us with 4 nights during our stay in which to see him - the first Friday and Saturday and the last Friday and Saturday we are there (trip dates are April 14-23).

Wanted to solicit your opinions on a couple of items please if I may:

1. Our flight lands in MCO at 4:35 PM on Friday the 14th. I had originally planned for us to go to Animal Kingdom that night (6:50 ADR for Tiffins along with a 9:05 FP+ for Rivers of Light). Am I being too aggressive thinking we can possibly make a 6:50 ADR after landing at 4:35 (utilizing Magical Express)? We usually drive, so only have a handful of experiences using Magical Express.

If so, I may cancel the plans for AK that evening and use that as a night to see Bob and reschedule AK for a night he's not at POR.

2. My DD also wants to enjoy watching some of the 8:30 'Movies Under the Stars' (specifically Tangled, which is scheduled to show on Saturdays in April - the same time Bob starts his first set. Please refresh my memory - approximately what time does he start the second half of his show? Is it possible to to watch the movie and then catch the 2nd half of his show?

In the past we've gone before 8:30 to get a table to see him, so wasn't sure how easy to get a table later on in the evening?

3. We've never been to Disney World for spring break/Easter so am not sure what to expect crowd wise at the resort or parks. Will it be impossible to find seating in the food court, buses, etc? We are laid back and excited to just be there, so will go with the flow; but if you could share your experiences or provide any spring break tips it would be much appreciated.

TIA! :flower2:

1. I would definitely cancel that one. That is cutting it really close with no wiggle room for flight delays, traffic, ME lines, or being the last stop. Even if you could make it, I wouldn't want to hurry that much. Personally, I plan nothing on travel day. I don't know how long it takes you to get there, but it takes me all day. I am done by the time I arrive at the resort.

I can't help with the others, unfortunately! It's been years since I saw Bob and that was kind of on accident. I keep planning to do the movie and not making it. I've never been during spring break either!

$4.29 is the Riverside Mill price (last verified October 30, 2016) http://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php

$3.99 is the Fulton's General Store price from October 2015 (this is a year older) https://touringplans.com/walt-disne...store-market/menus/general-store-all-day-menu

So after adjusting for "Disney inflation," an 11.2 ounce bottle of orange juice looks like they'll cost the same at either place, for the exact same bottle.

Thank you! Guess I'll just grab a bottle from wherever.

I have a question. I stayed 2 weeks ago at POR and we are going tomorrow for a MK day only trip with a dinner at BOG at 4:10. I wanted to have a nice big breakfast to hold us over until dinner. Is it possible to park at POR for breakfast (the food options were endless and even dare I say healthy) even though it's not a reservation dining in the AM?

Is it possible to park at POR for breakfast (the food options were endless and even dare I say healthy) even though it's not a reservation dining in the AM?

Absolutely, they should be okay with that. Just tell the security folks where you are going and show some ID and it should be fine.

Andre

So excited...we are headed back to POR in July! We were there in December for our 10th anniversary and fell in love with the resort, so when we saw the room only discounts we decided we HAD to go back (Annual Passes made it an easy decision!).

Hi all,

Planning our family's first trek to WDW 10/2/17-10/11/17. I gave my 15 y/o son a couple choices and he chose POR! SO EXCITED. I have definitely become Disney obsessed ten fold.

We can't decide between Royal River View and Royal Garden View...We don't care about accessibility as much as a great view. Any comments to add to my google image searching?? Anyone stayed in both and have a preference?

Thanks!!

We can't decide between Royal River View and Royal Garden View...We don't care about accessibility as much as a great view.

Then go for Royal River View, and there is not much in it cost-wise either. You could see this view from your Oak Manor room every night:

POR-MB-2013-0886_forum.jpg

Or this from the third-floor of Parterre Place:

POR-MB-2013-0413_forum.jpg

Andre

Last edited:
Exactly what I was looking for. Both of those look gorgeous. I like the Parterre place view a lot and I like the idea of third floor with no noise above me.
I'll be curious to see which one my son chooses. Anyway, thanks Andre!

Exactly what I was looking for. Both of those look gorgeous. I like the Parterre place view a lot and I like the idea of third floor with no noise above me.

We had a room on the third floor of Parterre directly to the left of the elevator with that view of the fountain, courtyard and river. It was very convenient and we loved walking through the courtyard and along the river every day.

I like the Parterre place view a lot and I like the idea of third floor with no noise above me.

The rooms directly overlooking the riverfront also have top-floor options, but that part of the building is only two-story so less stairs. Don't forget requests can't be guaranteed, but most of the Royal River View rooms are very nice.

Andre

For what it's worth, I feel Oak Manor is way better location. Parterre is further away from main buildings and main pool. We had a great location in Oak Manor. It was a garden view (not river) but we faced the fountain in river courtyard, and we were close to footbridge, quiet pool, bus stop behind building between Oak & Magnolia (I prefer this to crowded main depot), and could see river when we stepped outside our room, lol!
And for river view, i thought views from Oak Manor very nice.

We did have a river view once in Parterre all the way in the last wing, almost in POFQ! Really far from everything. Have a look at resort map on page 1. I'd request location close to foot bridge. Of course as Andre says, nothing is guaranteed, but POR room assignors are the best!!

Hello! We are making an extended family trip this Thanksgiving and are staying in preferred rooms. My personal family is a family of 5 and I was wondering if there was any suggestions for room requests. Thank you. Also any tips for a large group would be appreciated, too.

Hello! We are making an extended family trip this Thanksgiving and are staying in preferred rooms. My personal family is a family of 5 and I was wondering if there was any suggestions for room requests. Thank you. Also any tips for a large group would be appreciated, too.

My last trip was a group of 5 at POR! Since you're staying at a preferred room, really, the only real request that can make any difference is which floor you want to be on. The first floor is easier to get in and out of, but you could hear activity from the room upstairs. As such, the upstairs rooms are a bit quieter, but since there are no elevators in the preferred buildings, getting luggage (and by extension, your own bodies after a long day at the parks) up and down the stairs will be a little more difficult.

If you want to be closer to the action, request a room in building 14 or 15. Since they are closer to everything, there is more foot traffic around those buildings, so they can be a bit noisier. Building 18 is a little farther from everything, and building 27 is farther than 18. They are quieter, though, but there's more walking.

Again, as Andre always points out, room requests are never guaranteed, and it's better to explain a little as to why you're requesting what you are, so in case what you exactly want isn't available, the room assigners can do what their best based on your explanations and expectations.

Also, the murphy bed in the AB rooms are a little squat. If the smallest in your family is 5' or shorter, it won't be an issue. Any taller than like 5' 1 1/2", and that bed may feel cramped.

There's also no real space for luggage in the room. The luggage seat was removed to make room for the murphy bed, so you'll have to be creative on where to put your luggage while staying there.

The real last suggestion is to understand that there's only 1 shower in the hotel room, so allow plenty of time for bathing! None of us are big breakfast people, so I'd get done early, and then run off to the food court and grab a few pastries to bring back. One day, I had walked to the POFQ food court, and came back with beignets! I ordered a dozen, I came back with 10... I may have eaten a couple on my way back...

Nothing new to add, I just wanted to talk to people who get it. I just got back a month ago and I already miss it. I can't believe it will be a whole year before I'm back. :sad:

My family is visiting POR in Aug. & we have never been. We will be spending a good amount of time at the resort, I'd love to hear all about the place!

My last trip was a group of 5 at POR! Since you're staying at a preferred room, really, the only real request that can make any difference is which floor you want to be on. The first floor is easier to get in and out of, but you could hear activity from the room upstairs. As such, the upstairs rooms are a bit quieter, but since there are no elevators in the preferred buildings, getting luggage (and by extension, your own bodies after a long day at the parks) up and down the stairs will be a little more difficult.

If you want to be closer to the action, request a room in building 14 or 15. Since they are closer to everything, there is more foot traffic around those buildings, so they can be a bit noisier. Building 18 is a little farther from everything, and building 27 is farther than 18. They are quieter, though, but there's more walking.

Again, as Andre always points out, room requests are never guaranteed, and it's better to explain a little as to why you're requesting what you are, so in case what you exactly want isn't available, the room assigners can do what their best based on your explanations and expectations.

Also, the murphy bed in the AB rooms are a little squat. If the smallest in your family is 5' or shorter, it won't be an issue. Any taller than like 5' 1 1/2", and that bed may feel cramped.

There's also no real space for luggage in the room. The luggage seat was removed to make room for the murphy bed, so you'll have to be creative on where to put your luggage while staying there.

The real last suggestion is to understand that there's only 1 shower in the hotel room, so allow plenty of time for bathing! None of us are big breakfast people, so I'd get done early, and then run off to the food court and grab a few pastries to bring back. One day, I had walked to the POFQ food court, and came back with beignets! I ordered a dozen, I came back with 10... I may have eaten a couple on my way back...
About those two missing beignets.....yah, I agree, I'm
pretty sure you might have had something to do with it! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter