Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We've fished with the pole canes on our last trip at the end of 2015. I took the time to read the beginning of this thread and it says it is still offered but I just want to make sure since the thread is so extensive that it is still offered.

Yup, the Fishin' Hole in Ol' Man Island is still open.

Andre

This will be our first stay at POR (Late Aug. 2017) and we are relatively new to Disney vacations. Just looking for some expert opinions/help. (We did go the same week last August, so we know it is ridiculously hot and humid.)

Can anyone tell me how long the walk is from the AB buildings in the 30s to the food area? We have booked garden view and know that could be anywhere,and we tend to leave room selection to chance, just trying to get a grip on timing. No walking issues although our DD6 will slow us down :) Is there an internal bus?

I guess that brings up another question...there are only three of us. Does that make it more likely that we would be assigned to the Mansions?

This will be our first stay at POR (Late Aug. 2017) and we are relatively new to Disney vacations. Just looking for some expert opinions/help. (We did go the same week last August, so we know it is ridiculously hot and humid.)

Can anyone tell me how long the walk is from the AB buildings in the 30s to the food area? We have booked garden view and know that could be anywhere,and we tend to leave room selection to chance, just trying to get a grip on timing. No walking issues although our DD6 will slow us down :) Is there an internal bus?

I guess that brings up another question...there are only three of us. Does that make it more likely that we would be assigned to the Mansions?

We just got home yesterday. We stayed in AB building 39. I didn't find the walk too bad - I didn't time it, but maybe 5 minutes. I would do it carrying 4 mugs of drinks along with breakfast for my family :). We were close to the north bus depot - 2 min walk and the main pool was quite close as well.

We just got home yesterday. We stayed in AB building 39. I didn't find the walk too bad - I didn't time it, but maybe 5 minutes. I would do it carrying 4 mugs of drinks along with breakfast for my family :). We were close to the north bus depot - 2 min walk and the main pool was quite close as well.

Good to hear. It seemed worse than that looking at the map! Thanks.

Anyone know what time they start running buses to disney Springs? We have. Princess makeover in the morning and trying to figure out what is our best way to get there.

Anyone know what time they start running buses to disney Springs? We have. Princess makeover in the morning and trying to figure out what is our best way to get there.
I have seen DS buses around 8:00am staying at POFQ. You can always take a taxi or Uber . Then use either the bus or boat back. Boats start after 10:00.

Gallon cartons fit fine (sometimes you need to adjust the shelves a bit to make space).

POR-Room-Royal-2013-0914_forum.jpg

Andre
I don't know if all rooms are the same NOW or whatnot but the fridge we had a few yrs back was one where the lower level wasn't as deep. That's said, I did t try but fitting gallon jug in that type would prob be hard. Half can fit for sure as we had two liters in it.

Hey guys! Does anyone know if there is a specific area of the resort I should request a room in to be as close as possible to one of the quiet pools? I'm coming in May with my 10 year old niece and she's the type of child who will definitely enjoy the quiet pools more than the main pool.

Hey guys! Does anyone know if there is a specific area of the resort I should request a room in to be as close as possible to one of the quiet pools? I'm coming in May with my 10 year old niece and she's the type of child who will definitely enjoy the quiet pools more than the main pool.
Take a look at the resort map ,www.portorleans.org has a good one. Based on the room type you booked that should be a good guide.There are 4 or 5 quiet pools at POR.

Does anyone know if there is a specific area of the resort I should request a room in to be as close as possible to one of the quiet pools?

I'm not trying to be obvious or anything, but it probably would be best to simply request "a room as close as possible to one of the quiet pools" if that's what you want...

Booking a Pool View room would be a way to guarantee it of course.

Andre

I know you can get half gallons of milk in the store but does anyone know if you can get half gallons of chocolate milk as well?

We are currently booked at a different resort. I'm want to change and book here. We have never stayed at Riverside so I would appreciate some insight.
Where would you stay? We are considering Magnolia
What is the advantage of a preferred room?
Realistically, how far is the walk from Magnolia to the food court?
Anything extra you can share would be appreciated.
TIA

It sounds ridiculous, but coming from the far north the first encounter I ever had with a venomous snake was camping in Virginia. I got so scared I spewed on it. Then I ran/tackled into my future brother in law in a panicked attempt to escape injuring his ankle in such a way he needed surgery to repair it. Then I had an asthma attack. Somewhere near DC there is a Copperhead in counseling after participating in that spectacle. 2nd time was several years later and I noticed a nose-horned viper in a pile of leaves while in Eastern Europe. I ran 3 miles to the other side of town to my hotel. I'm not a runner. I broke my leg at some point but kept running. Looking to be an adult now and not repeat that moment while my kids are around, just how likely am I to encounter a snake in the mansions section? Little Princesses...Royal Rooms... Central Florida/Disney in General we may be locked in despite ophidiophobia. But I have been lurking the DISboards for weeks and have read some creepy stuff. Statistically, what are my chances?

Re
It sounds ridiculous, but coming from the far north the first encounter I ever had with a venomous snake was camping in Virginia. I got so scared I spewed on it. Then I ran/tackled into my future brother in law in a panicked attempt to escape injuring his ankle in such a way he needed surgery to repair it. Then I had an asthma attack. Somewhere near DC there is a Copperhead in counseling after participating in that spectacle. 2nd time was several years later and I noticed a nose-horned viper in a pile of leaves while in Eastern Europe. I ran 3 miles to the other side of town to my hotel. I'm not a runner. I broke my leg at some point but kept running. Looking to be an adult now and not repeat that moment while my kids are around, just how likely am I to encounter a snake in the mansions section? Little Princesses...Royal Rooms... Central Florida/Disney in General we may be locked in despite ophidiophobia. But I have been lurking the DISboards for weeks and have read some creepy stuff. Statistically, what are my chances?
Relatively small. I've only seen one snake, at the Contemporary, in all the times I've been. And I spent the first 25 yrs of my life growing up in Florida and never saw one snake the entire time.

We are currently booked at a different resort. I'm want to change and book here. We have never stayed at Riverside so I would appreciate some insight.
TIA
I was in Magnolia three years ago. You are just across the bridge from the main pool and the food court is on the other side of it. I would consider it a short walk, others would not. We were in a room on the third floor around the corner from the elevators facing the river.

I can't answer about a preferred room because I've never stayed in one. Some like them because they are closer to the food court but that would not be a draw for me unless I had trouble getting around.

TIA
We stayed preferred back in 2013 and were in AB14-- it was less than 40 seconds from that building to the food court. If I remember correctly, back then anyhow, only the AB rooms were preferred -- so if you prefer the genteel mansions versus the rustic bayou - take that into consideration.

Tom

I have stayed at POR 5times and encountered a snake only once. It was small, on a side walk just over the bridge heading from magnolia bend to the food court/ check in area. I have a paralyzing fear. I jumped over the darn thing spassed out and over all looked ridiculous. It was about a foot long and very thin. I have returned since and keep an eye out but have never seen another. It will be ok and if you do see one just remember someone else has already looked like a fool so you won't be the first or last

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter