Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

If you've stayed on the 1st or 2nd floor, have you had issues with noise from the room above you now that the rooms have laminate flooring instead of carpet?

For a 20th anniversary trip that is adult only would you book Pool or River View? My DH wants POFQ for our anniversary next year and can’t decide which area to pick. We stayed in Standard last year and it was ok but looking at those 2 options for this specific trip.
I will give you my thoughts on your exact question and not my opinion on a standard view vs river view. LOL
We really enjoyed having a river view and to us the boat horns are part of the charm, no different then when we stayed at GF outer building by the water. The great thing about POFQ, is that no room is far from the main lobby or bus stop, we're talking at most 5 minutes. In the mornings or during the day we always opened the drapes to look out at the river and enjoy the view of the boats passing by. We really do not need a balcony to enjoy a view, plus if it's summer time the last thing I want to do is sit out in the heat. I would say that building 6 was our favorite.

For a 20th anniversary trip that is adult only would you book Pool or River View? My DH wants POFQ for our anniversary next year and can’t decide which area to pick. We stayed in Standard last year and it was ok but looking at those 2 options for this specific trip.
Between those 2 choices, I would 100% get River View. People often say the view doesn't matter at the Moderates and I used to feel that way too. We had a Garden View and I would get chills seeing it when I opened the door. I just thought this resort was so beautiful. I was the weird lady standing outside my room at the rail on the 3rd floor taking it all in. When I went to explore the resort, I found the River so peaceful. It's also a VERY quick walk to the pool. However, we ended up really exploring and did our swimming at the Quiet Pool in Riverside. We were often the only ones there. We did end up back athe FQ pool bar for some drinks, though.

Between those 2 choices, I would 100% get River View. People often say the view doesn't matter at the Moderates and I used to feel that way too. We had a Garden View and I would get chills seeing it when I opened the door. I just thought this resort was so beautiful. I was the weird lady standing outside my room at the rail on the 3rd floor taking it all in. When I went to explore the resort, I found the River so peaceful. It's also a VERY quick walk to the pool. However, we ended up really exploring and did our swimming at the Quiet Pool in Riverside. We were often the only ones there. We did end up back athe FQ pool bar for some drinks, though.

I really agree with you here. I am a resort person. I don't just go there to sleep, so the view is important to me. Choosing between pool and river, the river view wins every time. There's no contest to me.

Heading to FQ in a couple of weeks and I noticed that Sassagoula is not open for breakfast right now? Based on the app, anyways. This must be a recent thing because I know breakfast was listed last week. Mostly just curious about timing of having to deal with the 7am VQ/ILL/LL stuff, getting ready, grabbing a small snack, and making early entry, so was wondering when they opened! If anyone has suggestions, I appreciate it!

Heading to FQ in a couple of weeks and I noticed that Sassagoula is not open for breakfast right now? Based on the app, anyways. This must be a recent thing because I know breakfast was listed last week. Mostly just curious about timing of having to deal with the 7am VQ/ILL/LL stuff, getting ready, grabbing a small snack, and making early entry, so was wondering when they opened! If anyone has suggestions, I appreciate it!

It appears to be open 7am to 11pm today. I usually grab a quick breakfast as soon as I do my VQ or whatever and then head straight to the parks or eat a bar or something I brought from home if I really want to move quick

It appears to be open 7am to 11pm today. I usually grab a quick breakfast as soon as I do my VQ or whatever and then head straight to the parks or eat a bar or something I brought from home if I really want to move quick
Ok, great!! I assumed it was just an app glitch, but wanted to check in here just in case. Thank you so much!!

Hello, we booked 1 week at POFQ at the end of august. Is it true that there is often no chair available at the pool? Being in august, we planned on going to the pool quite often. Should we go to POR instead. We love the quiet pools there, but wanted to try a new resort.

Hello, we booked 1 week at POFQ at the end of august. Is it true that there is often no chair available at the pool? Being in august, we planned on going to the pool quite often. Should we go to POR instead. We love the quiet pools there, but wanted to try a new resort.
We often go at the end of August and we’ve never had an issue getting a couple of chairs together around the pool. :)

If you've stayed on the 1st or 2nd floor, have you had issues with noise from the room above you now that the rooms have laminate flooring instead of carpet?
I stayed on the 2nd floor and never heard anything over us. The only real noise we ever heard is the housekeeping carts, toilets flushing in other rooms and the occasional suitcase rolling by but the window AC units are so loud it does a pretty good job of keeping the noise to a minimum. I never heard anyone next door or above us.

We just got back and I'd estimate that by the end of August, the parks and resorts will be less busy than it is even right now. For our visit, there was never any times where we walked by the pool and saw all chairs were in use. If anything, I think POFQ was one of the easier pools to get a seat than some other larger resorts.

I noticed that on the Sassagoula menu they no longer list the shrimp and grits or the prime rib sandwich. Can anyone confirm they are no longer offered? They are family favorites and we have an upcoming trip so I am crossing my fingers they are still available!

I noticed that on the Sassagoula menu they no longer list the shrimp and grits or the prime rib sandwich. Can anyone confirm they are no longer offered? They are family favorites and we have an upcoming trip so I am crossing my fingers they are still available!

This topic was brought up some months ago. It seems they are still on the menu and being served but they are no longer listed on the online menu. Have heard the same thing is happening at other resorts as well. Not sure why.

Those are 2 of our family's favorite items as well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter