Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Staying here in a November for two weeks and I’m so excited. Have only stayed at AKL before but the theming at FQ is right up my street. How often do they do the movies under the stars? Hoping to do this one night.

Staying here in a November for two weeks and I’m so excited. Have only stayed at AKL before but the theming at FQ is right up my street. How often do they do the movies under the stars? Hoping to do this one night.
Currently the movies are shown on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

This’ll probably change by November but the current movies under the stars per the activities schedule:
IMG_4130.jpeg

Checking in at the end of the month. We just returned from a one night stay at BC/YC. We had to get in line around 9:30am each day to secure pool spots with shade. Is that the case at POFQ too? Just trying to get a schedule in place, lol! We don't plan to go to the parks since we have APs and go a lot as it is. Just looking to get away for a night so DH can try a new resort. Thanks!

Checking in at the end of the month. We just returned from a one night stay at BC/YC. We had to get in line around 9:30am each day to secure pool spots with shade. Is that the case at POFQ too? Just trying to get a schedule in place, lol! We don't plan to go to the parks since we have APs and go a lot as it is. Just looking to get away for a night so DH can try a new resort. Thanks!
The pool is not nearly as busy. Smaller resort. Great pool though

Yes! This was one thing that was frustrating on our stay at FQ. We just returned this morning. It lists pool hrs. as 10am- 11pm. First morning we walked through the pool gate at 10:01 and there were 0 shaded spots left. - There are very few umbrellas. - As the day goes on many of the chairs end up with shade. but they definitely don't have emough chairs for the resort size. It was really hard to find any seats at all mid-day. Wasn't a fan of that.

For a 20th anniversary trip that is adult only would you book Pool or River View? My DH wants POFQ for our anniversary next year and can’t decide which area to pick. We stayed in Standard last year and it was ok but looking at those 2 options for this specific trip.

For a 20th anniversary trip that is adult only would you book Pool or River View? My DH wants POFQ for our anniversary next year and can’t decide which area to pick. We stayed in Standard last year and it was ok but looking at those 2 options for this specific trip.
Not really a fan of pool or river view rooms at POFQ.

But if I had to choose, I’d pick pool view. I like buildings 2 and 5. You’re guaranteed, nice central locations. River view rooms are mostly just too far away from the main building/buses for me, although buildings 2 and 5 would be okay.

I prefer standard or garden view.

I would choose River View. Pool view would be too loud for my taste. River view would be more relaxing. Generally speaking, we prefer garden view because the landscaped areas of the resort are so quaint.

Have a great trip!

If you must choose between those two, I would say pool view. Although I personally wouldn't prefer either one. The music and noise from the pool shuts down at a certain hour every day so it's not an issue for noise factor. However, the boats are blowing those horns until all hours and yes, you hear them in the room. Riverview was not relaxing to us at all. I swear I still hear those boat horns in my sleep.

On the nights that movies aren't shown at POFQ, they are usually shown at POR, so you could always pop over there if it works better with your schedule....

1st stay, pool view building 5 (actually hot tub view) -- noisy until the wee hours of the morning, never again
2nd stay, river view, building 6 -- perfect
3rd stay, garden view, building 5 -- 5101, a "Florida Special" room -- one of the closest rooms you can get to the main building -- which meant those coming in from the busses late at night, half the folks came past our room on their way to rooms in buildings 5, 6, and 7, plus we were right next to the stairs -- very noisy in the late night
4th stay, river view, building 5 -- perfect
5th stay, rivew view, building 1 -- perfect

We never booked view -- we always booked King. As you can see, our "perfect" rooms were all river view. The boats never bothered us, kind of like a fog horn on a lighthouse, comforting.

Last edited:

I'd just keep the standard view and use the extra money towards a bonus nice meal or other extra experience you weren't budgeting for. The "view" is just what you walk by and not something you can sit and enjoy from a balcony or anything. Sure, if you could sit out and watch the boats go to and from DS or could sit out and enjoy a garden from the privacy of a balcony, I'd get it, but since there is no real benefit, IMO, meh. I'd request something close to the main building and use the savings on something more memorable.

"just keep the standard view and use the extra money towards a bonus nice meal.."
You spelled "beignets" wrong.
I have stayed here a few times for solo trips and ultimately it's such a small resort there are no bad buildings. Even the furthest building..7?...has its own spot to get an uber...which was awesome for my needs given the occasional bus delays.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they have beach towels for sale in the shop at POFQ? We were recently at BC and WL and they had some themed resort ones. Wanted to pick one up as a thank you gift for my parents. POFQ is the first resort we ever stayed at 30 years ago! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter