Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Booked our first stay at FQ for my birthday trip in August. It is so rare to find it included in promos and it was included in the AP promo. We decided on a longer F&W trip in October so I opted to forgo BWI for my Birthday. We love POR (are staying there later this month) so thought it was time to try FQ. Looking forward to it

Booked our first stay at FQ for my birthday trip in August. It is so rare to find it included in promos and it was included in the AP promo. We decided on a longer F&W trip in October so I opted to forgo BWI for my Birthday. We love POR (are staying there later this month) so thought it was time to try FQ. Looking forward to it
Be interesting to see how you compare the two. What is BWI? You must live nearby with all these visits planned!

Be interesting to see how you compare the two. What is BWI? You must live nearby with all these visits planned!
I don't expect FQ to be extremely different than POR, mostly different decor. As for the comparison, BWI is nicer without a doubt. I love the water view and looking out over the Boardwalk, watching all the activity at night. Knowing we'll be there in Oct helps. But I love the PO resorts a lot. If I can't stay at a Deluxe I want one of the PO resorts. We are at Riverside later this month.

As for close, we are about 8 hours away.

I don't expect FQ to be extremely different than POR, mostly different decor. As for the comparison, BWI is nicer without a doubt. I love the water view and looking out over the Boardwalk, watching all the activity at night. Knowing we'll be there in Oct helps. But I love the PO resorts a lot. If I can't stay at a Deluxe I want one of the PO resorts. We are at Riverside later this month.

As for close, we are about 8 hours away.
8 hours - not close then! Lovely to have so many trips booked in :)

Stayed at French Quarter with my mom last October and we absolutely fell in love with it. I'm going back for a solo trip this December and am staying at FQ. Can't wait!! Didn't think it was possible to fall in love with a hotel...but I did. :love:

POFQ is at the top of our list as we ponder our Oct 2017 20th anniversary trip...first WDW trip without our daughter (who was agreeable to us going without her even before her band scheduled a trip to WDW in Feb 2017). We have stayed at ASMv (2007); POR (2010); and CBR (2014). But this one has always been on the top of DW's wish list, fingers crossed that since it occasionally has had special offers apply to it more recently than in the past, we can even get a deal as time draws nearer.

Hello!

I did NOT expect to be posting in this forum, but Disney mailed us a coupon and SCORE! it was good for French Quarter.

We're all very excited, my oldest DS is not into school trips so offered to take him to WDW as a family/senior trip instead. Two trips ago it was Coronado Springs, my wife's fave, which was awesome except for the whole giving us a non-cleaned room with sexual fluids still wet on the bed thing (which is how we ended up in the Executive Suite instead.) Last trip was for the younger two DSs', Cars suite at AoA.. possibly the best vacation I've ever been on.

Love that resort, but two older boys felt crammed in the suite and were hoping for their own room, and the oldest has always wanted to stay at FQ. So we have two rooms the week before Thanksgiving, 30% discount from the mailer and a free upgrade to garden view. Woot. =)

The podcasts I listen to tend to really gush about FQ, and the pictures look pretty awesome... how excited should I be? =)

Edit: Huh, looks like I need to edit my countdown...

. Two trips ago it was Coronado Springs, my wife's fave, which was awesome except for the whole giving us a non-cleaned room with sexual fluids still wet on the bed thing (which is how we ended up in the Executive Suite instead.)
:scared: Gross. Atleast you got a nice upgrade from it!

:flower3:Hello! Considering staying at POFQ next fall. Does anyone know if they have pack n plays on request? Also, would a room with 2 queen beds have enough room for a pack n play? TIA!

:flower3:Hello! Considering staying at POFQ next fall. Does anyone know if they have pack n plays on request? Also, would a room with 2 queen beds have enough room for a pack n play? TIA!

I think a pack n play would fit fine. See my post on the previous page, #4539, with the picture of where we parked the ECV in our room.

A 13" you might just get away with, the interior dimensions of the safes are 35cm x 24.5cm x 9cm deep, and the access door size is 30cm x 21cm.

Andre

I'll have to measure it with a metric ruler--thanks!

What kind of coffeepot/coffee pods are in the rooms? And there are fridges? I'm making a grocery stop for some almond milk and want to pick up extra coffee so I don't have to stalk Mousekeeping.

What kind of coffeepot/coffee pods are in the rooms? And there are fridges? I'm making a grocery stop for some almond milk and want to pick up extra coffee so I don't have to stalk Mousekeeping.

Yes there are fridges. The coffee makers as Cuisinart pod-based machines, and they supply regular and decaf French Roast / French Bistro pods.

Andre

So the French Quarter food court should be closed for refurbishment starting today - can anyone who is there now post some photos of the temporary replacement facilities in the old Bonfamille's Cafe? I know some table changes were being made in the Scat Cat's Club area last night, and the automated player piano in the corner has been removed for the time being. Menu pictures would be especially useful.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter