Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Happy to be at POP for a week. After a long travel day it was so nice to get here. Not quite the room I was hoping for, top floor instead of lower and a different building I the same decade, but it is nice any way. Skyliner was fun to use getting to Epcot, the way there we had some nice people in the gondola to chat with. It is so nice to be back.

I am looking for any insight on early park entry for resort guests, specifically for Hollywood Studios. We are hoping to rope drop ROTR and I was wondering if the Skyliner was viable or should we look to do Lyft like we did for our Feb 2020 trip. I did a quick search trhough the thread and did not see anything, so apologies in advance if it has been covered.

I am looking for any insight on early park entry for resort guests, specifically for Hollywood Studios. We are hoping to rope drop ROTR and I was wondering if the Skyliner was viable or should we look to do Lyft like we did for our Feb 2020 trip. I did a quick search trhough the thread and did not see anything, so apologies in advance if it has been covered.
The 'Everything Early Theme Park Entry' thread will answer all your questions and more!

We did two days ago, skyliner starts at 730, we were not first in line but at the park pretty quickly, it moves fast. We went for Slinky Dog and were able to do it, TSMM and Alien SS and in line for Galcon before park opened officially. If you are at the skyliner early enough you should be fine.

We stayed at POP in May and loved it so much we’re booked again to stay in another two weeks!! However, we have a family member who lives locally and wants to pick us up take us to dinner one evening. Previously, you had to have a resort/dining reservation to get past the guard gate and into the facility. Is this still the case? I just don’t want cause any party (Disney/my family) any stress or strain. Thanks for your insight. :)

We stayed at POP in May and loved it so much we’re booked again to stay in another two weeks!! However, we have a family member who lives locally and wants to pick us up take us to dinner one evening. Previously, you had to have a resort/dining reservation to get past the guard gate and into the facility. Is this still the case? I just don’t want cause any party (Disney/my family) any stress or strain. Thanks for your insight. :)

They should be able to tell the guard they're visiting the X Family in room Y.

They should be able to tell the guard they're visiting the X Family in room Y.
Another thing going for them is that you are going for dinner. Later in the day should hopefully work in their favour.

We were there last week. The Skyliner worked out extremely well. Get the Skyliner between 7am and 7:10am. We were on our way by 7:20am and walking into DHS by 7:36am. We walked to enter Galaxy's Edge and joined a line. At 7:45, they opened Galaxy's Edge and by 7:53am, we were walking into the ride entrance and by 8:05 we were at the ride start.

We completed RoTR, Smugglers Run, RnR, TZTOT by 9am.

Park Open was 9am. Early entry was 8:30am, but they were ready to go way before that, so I'd prepare to get there early.

We were there last week. The Skyliner worked out extremely well. Get the Skyliner between 7am and 7:10am. We were on our way by 7:20am and walking into DHS by 7:36am. We walked to enter Galaxy's Edge and joined a line. At 7:45, they opened Galaxy's Edge and by 7:53am, we were walking into the ride entrance and by 8:05 we were at the ride start.

We completed RoTR, Smugglers Run, RnR, TZTOT by 9am.

Park Open was 9am. Early entry was 8:30am, but they were ready to go way before that, so I'd prepare to get there early.

Thanks. We are die hard rope droppers, so early isn't a problem. We will give the skyliner a try for our first HS day.

We're booked at Pop next week and I'm debating switching resorts. I can't ride the Skyliner so we'll be relying on bus transportation. Are the busses still running on greatly reduced routes? How bad is it at peak points of the day? I know POP has a ton of rooms so this has become a big last minute concern for me. I've never stayed there though so would love to hear from regulars or anyone who has been there recently

Thank you!

Thanks. We are die hard rope droppers, so early isn't a problem. We will give the skyliner a try for our first HS day.

You ride to the CBR station where you have to jump into another line to get to DHS. I poached a few pictures:

Left side of this image is to/from POP. Right side of the image is to/from Epcot. Center/straight ahead is to/from DHS. When you exit your gondola from pop, you walk up then hang a left, but stick to the right side of the clock/signs.

disney-skyliner-caribbean-beach-station-1024x414.jpg

skyliner_hub-700x525.jpg

Last edited:
You ride to the CBR station where you have to jump into another line to get to DHS. I poached a few pictures:

Left side of this image is to/from POP. Right side of the image is to/from Epcot. Center/straight ahead is to/from DHS. When you exit your gondola from pop, you walk up then hang a left, but stick to the right side of the clock/signs.

skyliner_hub-700x525.jpg
Thanks again, but we've been to Pop since the the skyliner opened, Feb 2020, so I'm familiar with the process. We just didn't use it for HS that trip, did Lyft instead.

We're booked at Pop next week and I'm debating switching resorts. I can't ride the Skyliner so we'll be relying on bus transportation. Are the busses still running on greatly reduced routes? How bad is it at peak points of the day? I know POP has a ton of rooms so this has become a big last minute concern for me. I've never stayed there though so would love to hear from regulars or anyone who has been there recently

Thank you!

No, they are not running buses to/from DHS or Epcot at all, at least as of a week and a half ago when I was there. Skyliner is the only Disney transportation option to those parks. If you wanted to avoid Skyliner you would have to pay for Uber/Lyft.

Thank you!
Buses to AK and MK run frequently.
No, they are not running buses to/from DHS or Epcot at all, at least as of a week and a half ago when I was there. Skyliner is the only Disney transportation option to those parks. If you wanted to avoid Skyliner you would have to pay for Uber/Lyft.
Another easy option many use is walking across the bridge to AoA. They run regular buses to Epcot and DHS.

skyliner_hub-700x525.jpg
Thank you for these photos! They are very helpful. We are excited to use the Skyliner for the first time at the end of January!

Hi everyone,

We’re at Pop now and I have a couple questions.

We’re on the opposite side of the resort from the Skyliner (90’s section building 8 near the parking lot). What’s the quickest route to the Skyliner? Following the walkway that runs along the lake? Are there any shortcuts I’m missing?

Are there any quiet little nooks/areas here that work well for remote work? My husband unfortunately has to work whenever we travel and I’d like to show him alternate places to work if he gets sick of working in the room.

Hi everyone,

We’re at Pop now and I have a couple questions.

We’re on the opposite side of the resort from the Skyliner (90’s section building 8 near the parking lot). What’s the quickest route to the Skyliner? Following the walkway that runs along the lake? Are there any shortcuts I’m missing?

Are there any quiet little nooks/areas here that work well for remote work? My husband unfortunately has to work whenever we travel and I’d like to show him alternate places to work if he gets sick of working in the room.
Unfortunately there aren't any real shortcuts from the building you're in to the Skyliner as the paths often wander rather than go straight. The one time we were put in that building I decided it would be our last time as it just doesn't work well with our touring style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter