• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was your pool closed?
The computer pool near us was open but only from 12:00 - 5:00 each day which were hours we were at the parks. The Hippy Dippy Pool was open from 10:00am - 8:00pm each day we were there. There was one day Blizzard Beach was closed because of the cold but I don't know if our resort pools were closed or not. One improvement I would like to see Disney do is to list the pool hours on the resort station, similar to what they do for the parks. There is a screen that talks about all of the pools but doesn't list hours. The day my daughter was going for a swim we arrived at 9:20 hoping the pool was open. We needed to wait until 10:00 so wandered around the resort while waiting.

I have had connecting rooms in the past and will say my experience with sound has largely been based on who our neighbours were at the time. The one trip we had friends who were next door to us. (Can you believe our reservations were not linked and we checked in and out on different days but out of the entire Pop resort we had connecting rooms?!!) Anyway, we never knew when they were in or out of the room. Our last night a new family was there and they were EXTREMELY noisy!! I could hear the kids jumping on the bed, yelling, loud talking and more. I wouldn't have minded as much but it was 2am and we had to get up early for a flight. I ended up opening our side of the connecting door and loudly knocking on their side of the door. The noise stopped very quickly after that.

I'm not saying that it was anything as clear as was heard like suitcase zippers being opened or things like that but I will say my experience has been that the people in the room can make a big difference.

Returned from an 8 night stay at Pop on Sunday. Had an AMAZING time!!!

- One negative for us is that we were almost in the furthest room from classic hall that you could possibly be in and it was a l-o-n-g walk at the end of the day. We were on the back of building 7 facing the parking lot, 4th floor at the far end, room 7458. The room was great, I would just request a different location next time as it was about a 7-8 min slow walk at the end of a very long day in the parks. That being said, if you have a car it's a great location as it's close to the parking lot that barely had any cars in it so you could always get a close spot.

Does it matter when you put in your room requests? I'm going in May and I don't know if I should do it now or wait to see if one building in the 50's is done as that is the section I wanted.

Does it matter when you put in your room requests? I'm going in May and I don't know if I should do it now or wait to see if one building in the 50's is done as that is the section I wanted.
It doesn’t matter. You have lots of time to wait.

It makes no difference at all I don't believe. I entered my building request the day Building 6 reopened which was shortly before our arrival. TPs always emails their requests 5 days prior to arrival date I believe.

We were the first guests to use the Minnie van service at Pop on Monday. We were having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and I just thought it was worth it rather than head into MK during park opening to transfer to the monorail. The Minnie van took 8 mins to arrive. What I loved was that you don't need to be in the front lobby like Uber. There are parking lot section pick up locations available. We were in the 70's and found the 90's building 9 to be the most convenient.

The driver was awesome. Very polite and informative. He told us his whole Disney Career which my son enjoyed hearing. He also gave us a tour of the road construction and showed us the new Studios entrance - which I didn't know about!

we tried to get a Minnie van from MK that same night at 9:30 with no luck. Not one van was available.

I would definitely recommend them!

One other thing is that this is the first time our Touring Request for room location was not honoured. We were given a refurbished room which was my first request but the location was far away from requested room. The purple arrow indicates where I requested, the yellow arrow shows our actual room location. Not even close!!!
So glad you had a great trip! Was thinking about you and hoping so xoxo
What you experienced with the room request and actual room is pretty much what I have been experiencing the last 5 or so times we have gone. I did take your advice and made my request more to the point about the specific room and will just wait to see what happens!!
56 days to go!!!

I plan to opt out of housekeeping and take the $10 night gift card.

It is a real gift card?

I plan on putting my dining tips on my room account.

Can I apply the gift card to room account to pay it off?

Correct no tipping.

However, it did feel awkward for me. I feel the Disney drivers go above and beyond regular Uber/Lyft drivers. Our driver got out of the car on both arrival and drop off to assist us. I felt like he was waiting for a tip the way he stood next to the car as we walked away. I know he wasn't, but I just felt uncomfortable not tipping him for his excellent service.

It is a real gift card?

Can I apply the gift card to room account to pay it off?

Yes, it's a real gift card just digital. If you have an iPhone, you can add it to your wallet. I was told you can apply it to your room bill the night before check out.

Lyft drivers will still complain if you don't tip them. ETA: Referring to normal Lyft drivers, not Minnie Van drivers. As employees, Disney forbids them from receiving tips.
Yes, you are correct but the OP was asking specifically about Minnie Vans, not Lyft.

It is a real gift card? It is an electronic gift card. I received it within hours of checking in.

Can I apply the gift card to room account to pay it off? Yes, you can by going to Guest Services at any point after you receive it.

Yes, it's a real gift card just digital. If you have an iPhone, you can add it to your wallet. I was told you can apply it to your room bill the night before check out.
You do not need to wait until the night before check out. I did it part way through our trip.

Yes, you are correct but the OP was asking specifically about Minnie Vans, not Lyft.

You do not need to wait until the night before check out. I did it part way through our trip.

You're right. I phrased it incorrectly. You have up until the final night before check out. I was told they charge your credit card after midnight. I like to wait until the last day so I can see my final bill. Thankfully this trip I didn't have one :)

We were the first guests to use the Minnie van service at Pop on Monday. We were having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and I just thought it was worth it rather than head into MK during park opening to transfer to the monorail. The Minnie van took 8 mins to arrive. What I loved was that you don't need to be in the front lobby like Uber. There are parking lot section pick up locations available. We were in the 70's and found the 90's building 9 to be the most convenient.

The driver was awesome. Very polite and informative. He told us his whole Disney Career which my son enjoyed hearing. He also gave us a tour of the road construction and showed us the new Studios entrance - which I didn't know about!

we tried to get a Minnie van from MK that same night at 9:30 with no luck. Not one van was available.

I would definitely recommend them!

Did you guys have to have the front desk activate you somehow, or was your Lyft App just natively starting to offer Minnie Vans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter