Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to opt out of housekeeping and take the $10 night gift card.

It is a real gift card?

I plan on putting my dining tips on my room account.

Can I apply the gift card to room account to pay it off?
Yes, I would like to do this as well...and I don't have a cell phone for them to send it to me that way.

They will email it to you. As a Canadian they will not text anything to me. I received mine in an email.
Even as a US resident they still email it not text. I uploaded mine to my apple wallet. The email has a barcode they can scan anywhere.

If you aren't traveling to parks with iPad i agree, ask front desk if they can print somehow.

I opened the email and took a screen shot then used that. It was the Gift Card Number in the email that they needed to enter.

I did the same thing. When I went to make a purchase they told me they needed to scan the barcode. I then realized I could download it to my apple wallet.

Had a refurbed room in the 90s (building 9, facing outward.) last week and really enjoyed it. They did a great job of making the room feel much more modern and spacious. We were there for a night last September during the hurricane and had an older room – a WORLD of difference. The slider in the bathroom alone made things feel larger.

The new Pop rooms feel like a lower-end version of the Copper Creek studios. I mean that as a very high compliment! Pop with these renovations and gondolas will be a pretty compelling hotel.

We are staying at Pop for the first time in December - what would you all consider the best sections to be in?

We stayed at AoA in a Little Mermaid room last time - the walk wasn't too bad but I'm hoping to not have a long walk this time. But also what section would you consider to be about the same length from the food court / busses as the LM room at AoA

We are staying at Pop for the first time in December - what would you all consider the best sections to be in?

We stayed at AoA in a Little Mermaid room last time - the walk wasn't too bad but I'm hoping to not have a long walk this time. But also what section would you consider to be about the same length from the food court / busses as the LM room at AoA

I’m not sure what policy, if any, DISboards has about linking to external sites, so just do a google search for touring plans room finder will get you all the info you need for any Disney resort. They have a pull down menu that lets you fine tune your search or just click on a building on a map and click on a room. You get info like walking distances to the lobby/transportation, room type, sound level, connecting room, etc. It also gives you the view from every room! I’m not sure when they last updated it, so bed types might not be up to date with the renovations?

I’m not sure what policy, if any, DISboards has about linking to external sites, so just do a google search for touring plans room finder will get you all the info you need for any Disney resort. They have a pull down menu that lets you fine tune your search or just click on a building on a map and click on a room. You get info like walking distances to the lobby/transportation, room type, sound level, connecting room, etc. It also gives you the view from every room! I’m not sure when they last updated it, so bed types might not be up to date with the renovations?
I love using the room finder! It’s neat to see the views from the rooms because I actually do use that to pick out which rooms I like best.

Hi! I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could help me with. My daughter is disabled and has seizures and some days she functions better than others. I am going to book today for a trip in May but there is only Standard room or Standard Pool view available. I usually book preferred pool because I know that is by the food court. Being close to the food court is a big priority for us, which category should I book of the two choices that are left and what building or section should I request that would be closest to the food court and a renovated room would be a big plus. Thank-You.

I am asking her because I know this is a hot topic for some and you all here have been very thoughtful and helpful. I was just reading up on tipping protocol as I have lived outside the US for quite some time and before that I was young and in poor in college so tipping is not something I understand outside of the restaurant/bar setting. We are planning to opt out of housekeeping but read that it is customary to tip if you were to ask for extra towels or such in a normal hotel setting, so since you have to call when you need something, are you all tipping the person who brings you what you need? Also should tips always be cash? Can I bring small gifts instead? Ex. here we are known for awesome coffee, a bag of coffee would be the equivalent?

I usually tip mousekeeping but this time we are planning on opting out of mousekeeping. I think I will just stop by the front desk on our way back to the room if we need extra towels, shampoo etc (others have said this is possible). If we stop and pick the items up ourselves I have no intention of tipping for them.

I am asking her because I know this is a hot topic for some and you all here have been very thoughtful and helpful. I was just reading up on tipping protocol as I have lived outside the US for quite some time and before that I was young and in poor in college so tipping is not something I understand outside of the restaurant/bar setting. We are planning to opt out of housekeeping but read that it is customary to tip if you were to ask for extra towels or such in a normal hotel setting, so since you have to call when you need something, are you all tipping the person who brings you what you need? Also should tips always be cash? Can I bring small gifts instead? Ex. here we are known for awesome coffee, a bag of coffee would be the equivalent?
I would just give $1-2 for something like someone bringing towels. For Mousekeeping, # of people in the room + $1 is what I have heard is generally customary. You might want to give more for exemplary service. A gift of coffee would be really sweet but probably worth way more than the tip you'd be giving otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter