Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had my first stay at POP 2/4-11 and wanted to post my comments.

I liked it, and would stay again. POFQ is still my favorite, but POP is definitely worth the $$ savings.

Got the room number text and knew exactly where I was going. Great location, building 10 Preferred, facing courtyard side, close to Classic Hall. Room was clean and comfortable and in good repair, no noisy neighbor issues. I would always book Preferred and request 70s.

I had great luck with the buses. The only time I had to wait more than a few minutes was trying to come home from DHS around noon one day when I waited about 25 minutes for a bus to either POP OR AOA (they both showed up one after the other when they finally got there). I will testify that POP bus stops at the parks always seem the farthest away. I never rode a "Slinky" bus, but two evenings rode the big motor coach (like DME) buses.

Tour Groups: There were several SATGs at POP. I'm guessing it was because I was in Preferred that I was not bothered by them when I was in or around my room, but the food court was crazy in the mornings. On my last day, I got smart and walked to AOA for breakfast, where it was much calmer and emptier. I did not see much of the groups in the parks (just lucky, I'm sure), and had no bus issues with them. Confirming something I saw HopperFan post, there was a big group I saw several times coming from the 50s. Looked like others were in the 80s & 90s. One morning in the food court, some of the 15s wanted the unused chairs from my table, and they were very pleasant and polite in asking. As I said, I'm sure this was a combination of booking Preferred and blind luck, but I really had no problem with them aside from the sheer numbers and packed food court at breakfast.

I did not walk all over but did not see any construction. I see a PP posted that the latest word is now March.

Thanks to this thread for all the helpful info! I expect I'll be back here next year.

I just had my first stay at POP 2/4-11 and wanted to post my comments.

I liked it, and would stay again. POFQ is still my favorite, but POP is definitely worth the $$ savings.

Got the room number text and knew exactly where I was going. Great location, building 10 Preferred, facing courtyard side, close to Classic Hall. Room was clean and comfortable and in good repair, no noisy neighbor issues. I would always book Preferred and request 70s.

I had great luck with the buses. The only time I had to wait more than a few minutes was trying to come home from DHS around noon one day when I waited about 25 minutes for a bus to either POP OR AOA (they both showed up one after the other when they finally got there). I will testify that POP bus stops at the parks always seem the farthest away. I never rode a "Slinky" bus, but two evenings rode the big motor coach (like DME) buses.

Tour Groups: There were several SATGs at POP. I'm guessing it was because I was in Preferred that I was not bothered by them when I was in or around my room, but the food court was crazy in the mornings. On my last day, I got smart and walked to AOA for breakfast, where it was much calmer and emptier. I did not see much of the groups in the parks (just lucky, I'm sure), and had no bus issues with them. Confirming something I saw HopperFan post, there was a big group I saw several times coming from the 50s. Looked like others were in the 80s & 90s. One morning in the food court, some of the 15s wanted the unused chairs from my table, and they were very pleasant and polite in asking. As I said, I'm sure this was a combination of booking Preferred and blind luck, but I really had no problem with them aside from the sheer numbers and packed food court at breakfast.

I did not walk all over but did not see any construction. I see a PP posted that the latest word is now March.

Thanks to this thread for all the helpful info! I expect I'll be back here next year.
I was there 2/8-2/13 and had no issues also. We were put in the 50s lake view and it was great. I did hear noise sometimes from people walking past our room at night or above us on the 4th floor but I also heard this at the all stars every time I stayed there. It was never so much to bother or annoy me.

The food court would be crowded in the morning but I think all values and mods that have one are crowded at that time. At least every time I have stayed at one.

The SATG were courteous and tended to stay in their groups and were not bothersome at all

This was my first trip to Pop and I really enjoyed it. I would love to stay there again.

Anyone know if a laptop and a couple iPads/tablets can fit in the room safe?

My daughter (20 yr old) left her laptop out everyday under the nightstand with the mousekeeper coming in everyday. It was not bothered. Now me, I don't trust anyone and my tablet was locked in the safe daily along with my wallet.

Just got back from Pop today. This will be my last time staying at Pop. Between the Cheerleaders and the BTG it is just way to crowded and way to noisy. I will spend the extra money to go once a year to stay at POFQ instead of going twice a year and staying value. Plus we did online check in and told them we would be there by 10 am. We did not get a room until after 6 pm. It was just the last straw.

Just got back from Pop today. This will be my last time staying at Pop. Between the Cheerleaders and the BTG it is just way to crowded and way to noisy. I will spend the extra money to go once a year to stay at POFQ instead of going twice a year and staying value. Plus we did online check in and told them we would be there by 10 am. We did not get a room until after 6 pm. It was just the last straw.
I'm sorry you did not have a good experience, but I can say that I had a friend stay at the GF and they didn't get checked in till after six too the last time they stayed, and at DL they stayed at the Grand Califirnian and didn't have their room till almost ten at night. Last year when we went we got off the plane at six in the morning and had our room number before we got down the buses.

I agree with akayek31 - I loved staying at Pop the first 2 times I traveled to Disney...then I went up to Mod several times and loved them. I went back myself for a short trip and to save money I stayed at Pop - never again! I hated the noise, the kids running everywhere (this is unique to the values) and the lack of supervision by the pools. I have stayed at Mods and Deluxe's every time since and will NEVER go back to a value resort. I do suggest that first time visitors stay at Pop/AoA because it is so Disney - the theming is amazing.

I'm right there with you. We just got back Saturday night. I couldn't believe how loud it was every night(12am-3am). The staff wouldn't do anything about it.
The walls are so thin that we heard conversations, toilets flushing, showers running, etc.
The food court was craziness and the lines for the buses were insane. Several times we ended waiting for an hour for a bus because the line was so long.

On the positive side:
The beds were comfortable.
Our room was clean.

My last stay at the BWI, I actually had to call security twice from noise from the room next to ours!

Noise can happen anywhere, but yes, last spring I stayed at Pop for 2 nights, and there sports teams there. The food court was crazy at times, like I couldn't imagine. And they would toss their footballs around in the grass with no regard to folks walking by (with a wheelchair). I almost got hit several times.

My last stay at Pop in August, they had to put us in a room on the first floor right outside the computer pool (far walk to the food court), but that was due to them only having one available room of the type we'd booked (king/double roll in shower) even though I prefer high floors (less noisy) and didn't want or book a pool view. It was a bit noisy at night a couple times, but we use a white noise app on our phones which helped.

I assume that you were there for presidents day weekend? It is one of the busier times. It is safe to assume that more people means more noise.
As for the room not being ready, this can happen to anyone at any resort, unfortunately :(

I really do wish that people would exercise some kindness when they are out and about late at night and try not to be so noisy!

Hope your future trips are better!!

I assume that you were there for presidents day weekend? It is one of the busier times. It is safe to assume that more people means more noise.
As for the room not being ready, this can happen to anyone at any resort, unfortunately :(

I really do wish that people would exercise some kindness when they are out and about late at night and try not to be so noisy!

Hope your future trips are better!!

It was the week before Presidents Day. It started getting really crowded Friday. Saturday was when we left. I usually do go during this week but my AP expired today so it had to be last week.

Got my email today .... not sure if same or different from others so I'll just post:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Pop Century Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware of a Resort refurbishment taking place during your visit.
While we are working our magic, it is possible you will see or hear work in progress around the Resort and requests for specific buildings may not be possible to accommodate. Though some disruption may be unavoidable, depending on your location, we are making an effort to minimize the impact on your experience. As a result, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am daily.

Please know that we are working to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent as listed on your confirmation letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter