Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoA is just across a small bridge and it is worth the walk. They have drawing classes that are a lot of fun (they use to be at Hollywood Studios). The four themed areas are very cute.

You will enjoy Pop. I have stayed at several of the Disney resorts but Pop has remained one of my favorites. I will be returning in July, and it doesn't bother me in the least that there might be construction in some rooms.

I'm ignoring the negativity and can't wait for our first trip here in a couple of weeks.

How many of you have wandered over to AoA? Is it worth the trip?

Absolutely love walking over to AOA. Love their food court, it's a nice change. The kids love the theming. We've also taken the AoA bus back from the parks when one pulls up sooner than POP.

I'm ignoring the negativity and can't wait for our first trip here in a couple of weeks.

I am focusing on the positives too. It has been almost four years since our last Disney trip and we are beyond excited. The placement of large groups at the values (and the issues that come with that) unfortunately don't help the cause. December through April is prime season for cheer/dance/sports competitions and tournaments and if you go to WDW during these months it may seem that having some type of experience with large groups is inevitable; and one can only hope and cross their fingers that it is a good one. I know a cheer/dance tournament is taking place during our upcoming week and I'm trying to keep an open mind. I'm not sure if the groups will be at Pop as well as the All-Stars, but I guess we'll see. On our last trip we stayed in a condo offsite and it was a little too quiet. I missed the energy and festive vibe that we experienced during our prior stay at All Star Music and wanted to experience that again. I guess I better be careful what I ask for! :laughing:

I am focusing on the positives too. It has been almost four years since our last Disney trip and we are beyond excited. The placement of large groups at the values (and the issues that come with that) unfortunately don't help the cause. December through April is prime season for cheer/dance/sports competitions and tournaments and if you go to WDW during these months it may seem that having some type of experience with large groups is inevitable; and one can only hope and cross their fingers that it is a good one. I know a cheer/dance tournament is taking place during our upcoming week and I'm trying to keep an open mind. I'm not sure if the groups will be at Pop as well as the All-Stars, but I guess we'll see. On our last trip we stayed in a condo offsite and it was a little too quiet. I missed the energy and festive vibe that we experienced during our prior stay at All Star Music and wanted to experience that again. I guess I better be careful what I ask for! :laughing:
Actually the sports teams are year round. When my husband and I stayed at Sports in August there were soccer teams and I believe lacrosse or field hockey too. There were a lot of them practicing on the football field and in the food court but it didn't bother us. We're in Disney!!

AOA is definitely worth it, and the walk is easy. I ate breakfast at the food court one morning, and walked over for dinner one night (surf & surf burger, which I would get again). It's fun to see all the decor and take pictures. I am still just blown away by how awesome the Cars section is. I took some more photos this year and will have to post some in the appropriate thread.

I posted recently about my first POP stay and was quite happy. I'm sorry I never got to be part of a Bus Sing-along, though.

AOA is definitely worth it, and the walk is easy. I ate breakfast at the food court one morning, and walked over for dinner one night (surf & surf burger, which I would get again). It's fun to see all the decor and take pictures. I am still just blown away by how awesome the Cars section is. I took some more photos this year and will have to post some in the appropriate thread.

I posted recently about my first POP stay and was quite happy. I'm sorry I never got to be part of a Bus Sing-along, though.
I second the Cars section. I would walk over just to see that.

It's absolutely worth the walk over. I highly recommend making that trip. Actually, I'd recommend taking the bus from a park back to AoA one night as I find AoA to be gorgeous when it's all lit up -- especially the Cars section! We've stayed at AoA 3 times and even though we prefer to stay in the LK or Nemo sections for logistical reasons, we always walk over to the Cars section one night. We also love the food court at AoA.

There has been so much negativity towards Pop lately. :( I'm genuinely sorry there have been bad experiences.
While I can afford a mod, my mom can't. So we have no choice but to stay at Pop(or the All-Stars). I'm trying to stay positive...
I'm wondering if anyone would like to share something nice from a past Pop stay? :goodvibes
I'll start...
We were coming back from the parks one evening, and the fireworks started in the distance as we stood in front of our room. It was a magical way to end our Disney day, and we were so happy to be staying there.
We have never had anything but positive experiences at Pop. We're going back end of April, can't wait. I love being in 50's facing the lake. Being able to see fireworks from the lake is wonderful.

Thanks everyone! We were on the Disney Fantasy last week and the upper bunk needed to be released by the room steward with a key. It got me to wondering about the murphy beds and if it's something we can do ourselves. Think I'm really going to like this new option! Excited for the renovations to begin so that we can see some finished rooms!!

This will be out first trip back to WDW since they implemented FastPass+ and MagicBands, so I'm not sure if this is the best thread to ask this in, but would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out.

My brother booked and is paying for two room, hopefully connecting, for our party of five. One room reservation is in his name and for his family, while the other room reservation is in my name. I know that MagicBands are connected to the room, but will I be able to change it so my MagicBand will charge to my CreditCard, or does it have to stay connected to his card? If I can, is it something I should do in MDE account before we arrive, or am I better off waiting until we arrive and get help doing it at front desk/concierge?

Last edited:
You will be able to assign a separate CC to your Magic Bands. You may be able to do it if you do online check in but I personally would just wait until you arrive at the resort and then can do it when you check in. That way you're certain they've attached the correct CC to the correct MB. I'm going in May and plan on having 3 different CC attached to different MB (all in one room reservation)

You will be able to assign a separate CC to your Magic Bands. You may be able to do it if you do online check in but I personally would just wait until you arrive at the resort and then can do it when you check in. That way you're certain they've attached the correct CC to the correct MB. I'm going in May and plan on having 3 different CC attached to different MB (all in one room reservation)
Thanks I was wondering the same thing

Thanks Ottawamom! I swear, the more I research and learn the more I also get confused,

I also think I'll take your advice and wait until I arrive, to set it up. That way I know it's set up correctly and don't have to worry about messing some up the room reservation(s).

I agree, I had planned on doing this too, but also buying a few giftcards with my target red card and then paying it off at the end of the night with the target card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter