Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the same email about the Hippy Dippy Pool being closed! We leave on Monday so no time to change resorts but it was totally unexpected since the letter we received awhile ago made no mention of this pool being closed! Anyone there now that can confirm what pools are open or closed???

I'll be anxious to know about the Hippy Dippy Pool as well. We'll be there for 2 nights, 11/26 and 11/27. No email yet though.

The website shows that the Computer Pool is closed October 2016 thru January 2017. I called and the CM said the Hippy Dippy Pool refurbishment doesn't start until mid-January 2017, but I don't trust phone CMs to have accurate information. If the Hippy Dippy pool is closed, we'll have to stay somewhere else, even offsite if we can't get another Disney room. Is there a number I can call to talk to Pop directly?
I called and was told the same thing but why did they send that email then?????

I called and was told the same thing but why did they send that email then?????

I asked the CM I spoke with if the email was perhaps an error and they meant to remind me that the Computer pool was closed but her response was "I don't know why they'd make an error like that". So, not real helpful. I'd prefer to just speak with a CM directly at Pop, but I can't figure out how to do that.

I asked the CM I spoke with if the email was perhaps an error and they meant to remind me that the Computer pool was closed but her response was "I don't know why they'd make an error like that". So, not real helpful. I'd prefer to just speak with a CM directly at Pop, but I can't figure out how to do that.
Me neither!!! Hoping someone on here has some info!!

Same here, just got the Email, we are leaving Nov.17th and Hippy Dippy Pool is important to us. We especially booked Preferred Pool view, but with Hippy Dippy closed that even would be useless!
I also received the mail concerning Computer Pool weeks ago, which would be closed until Jan.2017 and Hippy Dippy was offered instaed.
Reading now that Hippy Dippy is closed is not only a bummer but kind of wasting Preferred Pool view category...

Same here, just got the Email, we are leaving Nov.17th and Hippy Dippy Pool is important to us. We especially booked Preferred Pool view, but with Hippy Dippy closed that even would be useless!
I also received the mail concerning Computer Pool weeks ago, which would be closed until Jan.2017 and Hippy Dippy was offered instaed.
Reading now that Hippy Dippy is closed is not only a bummer but kind of wasting Preferred Pool view category...
My travel agent friend called Pop directly and was told Hippy Dippy is not closing until January. So, not sure if that email was an error or no one has correct info or what....

Does anyone know when in January the Hippy Dippy is closing? I'm staying during the first two weeks in January, and I'm hoping it won't be closed then! Thanks!

I received that e-mail as well. I'm assuming it's an error and that they meant the Computer Pool and not the Hippy Dippy Pool. I was just on the POP page on the Disney website and their refurbishment message says:

"In an effort to make your future visits even more magical, the Computer Pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort will be closed for refurbishment from late October 2016 through early January 2017. However, the Hippy Dippy Pool will remain available for your enjoyment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I also received it and called. Hippy Dippy will be open I was told. The CM said it was an error and she double checked. We'll also be arriving on Saturday so we'll see!

I received the email too :( We are staying at Pop for 26 nights (with a few days over at the dark side inbetween) and it would seriously impact our stay if the Hippy Dippy pool was closed! Here's hoping it is definitely a glitch/mistake on their end :santa:

"In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware that the Hippy Dippy Pool will be unavailable due to refurbishment. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at our Bowling Pool or Computer Pool!" :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Got the,email too. Called direct line and got a rather rude cm. She first claimed no,such letter and that I was reading it wrong (that it was the letter I received 2 weeks ago)...I read it too her and then she said yes I see that letter now but it doesn't mean during your stay. (hmmmm...then,why does it say during your November visit??)

They need to get there ducks in a row.
I don't need the main,pool, but the kiddie pool...and sometimes those refurbs go hand and hand.

I got screwed at French quarter early,this year when all kiddie pools were down and I asked why they didn't send alert like they did for the riverside pool and they said they only don't do alerts for kid pools. (2 toddlers means we live at the kiddie pool!)

I sent an email last night regarding the Hippy Dippy pool and just got a response. Here is the e-mail I send and the response.

My email to Disney:

Good Evening,

My mother, my daughter, and myself are very excited to spend 11/19-11/26 at Disney World's POP Century resort! I just received an e-mail from Jeff Korte, General Manager of Disney's Pop Century Resort. In it he states that "In preparation of your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware that the Hippy Dippy Pool will be unavailable due to refurbishment. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at our Bowling Pool or Computer Pool!"

This is discouraging because we were under the impression that it was the Computer Pool and not the Hippy Dippy Pool that would be undergoing refurbishment during our stay. We are really looking forward to swimming in the Hippy Dippy pool so we hope that this is not true and that maybe there is an error in the email we received. Can we get a confirmation on which pool is really going to be closed at POP Century Thanksgiving week?

Thank You in Advance,

Jessica Cormier

Response from Disney:

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The Walt Disney Parks have a world-famous reputation for always looking just as clean and fresh as the day they opened, and our Cast Members work 24 hours a day to maintain that appearance. The same is true of our Walt Disney World® Resorts; we continually refresh, repaint, and restore our facilities to ensure that everything is "neat and pretty" when you visit.

In an effort to make your future visits even more magical, the Computer Pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort will be closed for refurbishment from late October 2016 through early January 2017. However, the Hippy Dippy Pool will remain available for your enjoyment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Unique Wixted

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

Not sure someone from the eCommerce Sales and Service Team the correct letter. I think she's using an old form letter.

I'd really like to hear from someone in maintenance. They'd have the answer about pool refurbishment!

Our last day at POP. Have to say I've been very impressed. Last stay here was in 2007. Friendly staff, nice room location, good wifi. :thumbsup2

Question of the day: If we are taking ME to the airport, and we check them in at POP, we then don't have to deal with the checked ones any more, is that right? We can also put our carry ons in the storage area at bell services, yes?

I am WAYYYY overplanning.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter