Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but there is a website you can go to to check on the status of the laundry rooms at all times. Here it is, looks like the computer pool laundry room is operational as of today

http://www.laundryview.com/laundry_room.php?lr=4575532

It's funny you should post that link because I was just thinking that I should find that link, and maybe I could find out that way! Thanks for your help!

Thirteen days to go until our first stay at POP. We have stayed All Star Sports, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs, and Port Orleans French Quarter (some multiple times) but I am really looking forward to checking out POP!

Last edited:
Thirteen days to go until our first stay at POP. We have stayed All Star Sports, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Sprints, and Port Orleans French Quarter (some multiple times) but I am really looking forward to checking out POP!
You'll LOVE POP!:)

Be sure to take some time and check out the Shadow Boxes in the Lobby-they are amazing-most Guests just walk right on by.

If staying in a Standard Room,request 1950s/Lake View-there are some rooms there with awesome views(including some with fireworks views).

And just in case you don't know,there is a very famous song clalled "Jessica"-its by "The Allman Brothers Band".:)

You'll LOVE POP!:)

Be sure to take some time and check out the Shadow Boxes in the Lobby-they are amazing-most Guests just walk right on by.

If staying in a Standard Room,request 1950s/Lake View-there are some rooms there with awesome views(including some with fireworks views).

And just in case you don't know,there is a very famous song clalled "Jessica"-its by "The Allman Brothers Band".:)

Thanks for the great advice! I can't wait to check out those shadow boxes. Also the POP Christmas Tree! We are staying in a standard room. I requested 60's lake view but if we can't get that I will push for a 50's lake view for sure.

I actually heard that Allman Brothers Band tune today! It's so funny you should mention that ;)

We are booked at Pop under the P/S/D promo for our March trip. Me and DH are so excited as this trip will be a Christmas surprise for the kids. I can't wait to try the King cupcake and tie dye cheesecake :teeth:. I know our kids are going to really enjoy our stay here and have a lot of fun. We will have two standard rooms and are crossing our fingers for connecting rooms. Since our priority is connecting rooms, I really don't have any other room requests; although DH says he would love to see the Big Wheel every morning (a huge childhood fave of his) :goodvibes

We are booked at Pop under the P/S/D promo for our March trip. Me and DH are so excited as this trip will be a Christmas surprise for the kids. I can't wait to try the King cupcake and tie dye cheesecake :teeth:. I know our kids are going to really enjoy our stay here and have a lot of fun. We will have two standard rooms and are crossing our fingers for connecting rooms. Since our priority is connecting rooms, I really don't have any other room requests; although DH says he would love to see the Big Wheel every morning (a huge childhood fave of his) :goodvibes

I think they discontinued the King cupcake, which is sad cause it was so delicious. If the king cupcake has come back in the past few months please, chime in!

For anyone who hasn't stayed at Pop Century yet,here are some of the Shadow Boxes in the Lobby.

IMHO,they are the most unique thing in any WDW Resort.:)

30525573920_4678d4545c_c.jpg

30709624522_cd8fabba40_c.jpg

We stayed in July with 2 adult kids in one room and parents and 11 year old in the other with connecting rooms. So hopefully you won't have any issues.

Hi! We are checking into Pop on 12/31 and we are so excited! We are a family of 6 in two standard rooms - it will be our first time at Pop. I am hoping that we can get connecting rooms, but know there are no guarantee. Doesn't anyone know if all buildings have connecting rooms? Any advice for how I should manage requests during online check in?

We aren't really travelers and I am not sure about tipping. Who do we tip and what is the "going" rates? Thanks! It will be my family of 5 and my Inlaws in two rooms. We requested connecting.

We aren't really travelers and I am not sure about tipping. Who do we tip and what is the "going" rates? Thanks! It will be my family of 5 and my Inlaws in two rooms. We requested connecting.
Some Guests tip Housekeeping and some don't-it is not "required".

I always leave $5.00 on the pillow for them,but that's just me(cleaning rooms all day has to be a hard job).

If Luggage Assistance helps you with your bags,$1.00 per bag is OK.

Tipping is not encouraged at WDW and I had not heard of it until the Dis. It's suggested that you tip $1 per day per person. There are some really cute envelopes on the Creative Community Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter