• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 days! Can no wait! We haven't been since 2012 to Disney at all, so my question has anything really changed a lot that I need to prepare our self's for? I know they have magic bands now, that will be a learning curve. Like still only one bus for POP? What's the best room selection? I usually request ground floor, standard room. We want to be close to buses and food court. Any help would be great! :)

...Now, I'm trying to figure out what section would work best for a request for our situation...
1. I would prefer to be near parking since we are driving
2. Not too far from the food court

Should I request 50s? 90s?...

I recommend 50's for being close to parking, and if you are in building 1 or 3 you are not far from the food court.

Well, when we changed our reservations to take advantage of the summer deal, I chose to save a few bucks and booked a standard room rather than the preferred. Now, I'm trying to figure out what section would work best for a request for our situation...
1. I would prefer to be near parking since we are driving
2. Not too far from the food court

Should I request 50s? 90s? I'm making myself nuts over thinking this, I think

Also....Just to confirm...the bowling pin pool was only down for a short time and will be open when we get there in June?
50's or 70's will both give you good access to the food court and parking lot.
If the food court is less of a concern then the 80/90's both have great parking.

I am not sure about organic milk. But Almond Milk, Lactose Free Milk and loaves of bread are available in the store at Pop.
I just got back from 9 days at POP and we were in the food court daily. I never saw loaves of bread in the food court or in the shop. You can buy single slices of bread. 2 slices for $0.70.

On the bottled water front. POP had no cases available and I asked 3 times. They all said its not sold by the case. However, the drink cooler at AoA had an empty slot and price tag for cases. They do sell it by the case but I was told that they only fill that slot in the morning. When it's gone, it's gone.

I just got back from 9 days at POP and we were in the food court daily. I never saw loaves of bread in the food court or in the shop. You can buy single slices of bread. 2 slices for $0.70.

Interesting. My MIL and FIL arrived at Pop this morning and loaded up on supplies for the room with bread being one of them. My FIL is like a 4 yr. old and has to have a PB&J every morning before leaving the room. :confused3

On the bottled water front. POP had no cases available and I asked 3 times. They all said its not sold by the case. However, the drink cooler at AoA had an empty slot and price tag for cases. They do sell it by the case but I was told that they only fill that slot in the morning. When it's gone, it's gone.

Hmmm...my In Laws also bought a case of water. I'll make sure they didn't get it over at AoA when they check in with us later tonight.

YOu might have to check the gift shop rather than the food court

Interesting. My MIL and FIL arrived at Pop this morning and loaded up on supplies for the room with bread being one of them. My FIL is like a 4 yr. old and has to have a PB&J every morning before leaving the room. :confused3

Hmmm...my In Laws also bought a case of water. I'll make sure they didn't get it over at AoA when they check in with us later tonight.
It wouldn't surprise me. I said before that it seems like availability of items is based on the way the wind is blowing.

I see the bus boards are being installed , can someone report on whether they are operational yet. We are so excited to use these because we are trying to do this trip "less scheduled ". (OK, you all on these boards know this is not true . I've got my mental spreadsheet (color coded , of course ) and ADRs and fast pass etc.) But I am anxious to see those bus boards . TIA

Can someone that is there now please post a picture of the new fence around the Hippy Dippy pool?

We also found that the food supplies at the gift shop was not as good at Pop as it was at AofA, Boardwalk, etc. I think the resorts that have family suites and suites with kitchenettes stock a better/bigger variety of items. We were hoping to buy a bag of bagels at the Pop store, they did not have them, only had variety packs of donuts all with sugar glaze or coating.

Will I be able to find organic milk anywhere on property? Prefer a half gallon, also a loaf of bread?

We stay at Fort Wilderness campground sometimes and they definitely sell loaves of bread and even bagels. Maybe check a DVC resort store if you happen to be at a resort with one.

I have about 2 3/4 months till I am at Pop, but that pic with the bus board going up...gave me goose bumps. I just so love Pop!!! Even seeing a pole with a half installed monitor made me giddy. It's a disease, really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter