Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to magnetically hang a shoe organizer on the INSIDE of my Pop Century door. I know the exterior door works great for magnets, how about the interior?

I'd like to magnetically hang a shoe organizer on the INSIDE of my Pop Century door. I know the exterior door works great for magnets, how about the interior?
I'm at POP right now. Don't see why you couldn't use magnets on the back of the door.

Hi! Just got my text alert that my room is ready, and we aren't even at the airport yet!!! Can someone tell me where room 4124 is? I know it's ground floor 60's ?!
Thanks!

Hi! Just got my text alert that my room is ready, and we aren't even at the airport yet!!! Can someone tell me where room 4124 is? I know it's ground floor 60's ?!
Thanks!

According to the first page of this thread: 1st floor of '60s Play Doh building.

Edit to add: I was excited for you so I did some sleuthing. You are in the back side of the building (not facing pool) but closest to classic hall.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!! That's the exact location I wanted

That is an awesome location (in my opinion). We were in 4450 & 51 one trip (which is basically the same proximity to the center of the building but on the opposite side of the stairs/ice/vending machine area from your room...and 4th floor instead of 1st) and just loved, loved, loved the location. It was quiet because it wasn't facing the pool but yet it was only a few steps to get to the pool. And the walk to the main building and bus stops is really short. Congratulations on getting the room you wanted. Enjoy your stay!!!

Thanks!
We were in 4134 before and out of all of our stays it was my favorite room because it was our quietest stay!

I leave next week, I'm use to staying off site. Do I need to bring toilet paper? Will I be able to request clean towel sets as much as I want?

Does anyone know if the bed spreads/comforters are washed after every guest?

Does Pop do anything special for Easter Sunday?

I leave next week, I'm use to staying off site. Do I need to bring toilet paper? Will I be able to request clean towel sets as much as I want?

No need to bring toilet paper and you can get as many towels as you need from the maids or at the front desk.

POP doesn't really have bed spreads or comforters now. They make a cover sandwich using 2 clean sheets with a blanket in the middle. So yes, the outside sheets at least will be clean for each new guest. I find the new bedding system a bit colder than the old comforters so from Fall through early Spring, I usually pack some warmer pyjama bottoms rather than a simple nightshirt. You could also try to adjust the thermostat/heat as well.

POP doesn't really have bed spreads or comforters now. They make a cover sandwich using 2 clean sheets with a blanket in the middle. So yes, the outside sheets at least will be clean for each new guest. I find the new bedding system a bit colder than the old comforters so from Fall through early Spring, I usually pack some warmer pyjama bottoms rather than a simple nightshirt. You could also try to adjust the thermostat/heat as well.

I like extra blankets while I blast the a/c at night...I know I'm weird...Will they bring me extra blankets if I request them?

I like extra blankets while I blast the a/c at night...I know I'm weird...Will they bring me extra blankets if I request them?
Yes. In fact, when they first moved to this new bedding system, I was really cold on my arrival night and left a note for Mousekeeping asking for an extra blanket. When I returned to the room the next day, she had written a nice little note back to me explaining that she had built an extra blanket into the sheets (doubled it). Very nice of Mousekeeping. I did leave a small tip with my note & it certainly helped my service for the rest of my stay. You definitely don't have to tip Mousekeeping for an extra blanket (not required at all).

While it is true that Value Resort Guests did have to bring their own toilet paper in the past,that was BEFORE the recent addition of indoor plumbing.;):)

Here is a link for the Easter activities at POP.:)

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PopCalendar.pdf

It sounds like you usually rent a home or villa off site, so I totally understand your questions!

You will totally love Pop I think! Granted, the room is small. What it lacks in size, it makes up for in the super nice service! At least our experience was that the folks working there were so kind. I had shipped a few boxes ahead of time from Amazon, and called to have them delivered to the room. I left a thank you note with a tip, and while they delivered the boxes, they left the tip and wrote to me to have a nice day. What? I wanted to thank them! So funny.

You will get maid service daily, where they will make the beds and clean up a bit. They will replace any towels left on the floor (I often gather any dirty used ones and put them in one pile or in the tub. If you need anything else, call housekeeping (or I often find a cart in the hallway if I need soap, a couple extra towels, a trash bag, etc...).

They even provided a shower seat for my daughter, who can't stand in the shower.

The sheets will be clean for you. If during your stay, you get them dirty, just leave a note for them to be changed. I'm not sure the rotation for changing sheets, but most often nowadays it's every fourth night at many hotels. Ours were always clean.

They provide some basic shampoo, but I bring my own toiletries and shower soap. I'll use their soap for hand washing. I just like my Dial soap when I'm super sweaty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter