Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do online check in. Just put your room requests in via your reservation. They won't charge your card then!! I have found no advantage to online check in. I have actually found that if you are displeased with your room location, itis easier to deal with when they first give it to you at the desk rather than later. JMHO.
I have stayed at POP 139 nights so I have a fair amount of experience with the hotel.

Don't do online check in. Just put your room requests in via your reservation. They won't charge your card then!! I have found no advantage to online check in. I have actually found that if you are displeased with your room location, itis easier to deal with when they first give it to you at the desk rather than later. JMHO.
I have stayed at POP 139 nights so I have a fair amount of experience with the hotel.

Oh no, I already checked in.

Also, I'm have a airfare issue for my return flight home. Today I have no other choice but to book a flight that leaves at 6:10am, as it's the cheapest.

I'm thinking of adding a night on now or I basically loose a day by having to leave so early morning. Will DME be running? Assuming we would get picked up around 3am? Will Pop allow me to add a night?

Oh no, I already checked in.

Also, I'm have a airfare issue for my return flight home. Today I have no other choice but to book a flight that leaves at 6:10am, as it's the cheapest.

I'm thinking of adding a night on now or I basically loose a day by having to leave so early morning. Will DME be running? Assuming we would get picked up around 3am? Will Pop allow me to add a night?
Yes, DME runs 24 hours as needed and you would get picked up around 3am.

It will boil down to if there is availability as to whether or not you can add a night. The day we checked out last week, POP was sold out, so we would not have been able to stay on. I would call now and try and add the night now.

Pretty sure the arrival day morning but no idea what time. I was glad I found out because I didn't want to put it on the same card I had linked to reservation
But they really shouldn't be charging your card until after you officially check in for a room only. Because if you are a "no show" you are only responsible for the first night and that has been covered in your deposit. Something doesn't seem right about this policy....

But they really shouldn't be charging your card until after you officially check in for a room only. Because if you are a "no show" you are only responsible for the first night and that has been covered in your deposit. Something doesn't seem right about this policy....
I agree with you but have heard many reports of them running the room only balance before you physically check in. Guess they are counting on-line check in. I called a couple days before my trip to pay off the room. I didn't want to take a chance on it going into the wrong card.

I just posted about having the same problem recently. We did get our text when we stayed at AoA and I even had 3 different room checkins using my phone # and got them all. I think whatever they are supposed to do at Pop to text is just not happening. I agree, it is very frustrating. Thankfully we spent our first day at the resort and were able to check at the desk. But I would have been annoyed if I hadn't and then gone in the pool and went to Disney Springs without a proper shower because I didn't think my room was ready.
I checked into Pop on Feb. 17 after doing on-line check-in, and I got my room number text that morning while I was on the airport monorail to pick up my bags! It was so nice having my room ready and being able to settle in before heading to the park for the day. So, the technology is in place and works at least some times.

I just posted about having the same problem recently. We did get our text when we stayed at AoA and I even had 3 different room checkins using my phone # and got them all. I think whatever they are supposed to do at Pop to text is just not happening. I agree, it is very frustrating. Thankfully we spent our first day at the resort and were able to check at the desk. But I would have been annoyed if I hadn't and then gone in the pool and went to Disney Springs without a proper shower because I didn't think my room was ready.
My trip this past January I also did not get a text BUT I have email on my phone and I was sent an email instead

Pop is loosing it's new resort shine. We had a short 2 night stay.

DH and I have loved this resort and have stayed practically every trip there. We have tried the All Stars but have had horrible experiences there. So Pop has been it for us. Sadly we feel that the housekeeping and maintenance has been slipping over the years. Here are a few photos taken from our recent trip. I missed taking photos of the Carpet (stained), Towels (Stained), Bed (Needs replacing springs shot, you really sink in), Sink (leaking from faucet). We let the staff know of the room issues but with such a short stay and not getting the room until after 10pm arrival night we just lived with it.

Now this is our experience hopefully yours will be better. We love this as our value resort. If we could afford a moderate or deluxe we would do that instead of Pop now. DH is pricing off property hotels now.

Someone spilled something and wasn't cleaned off drawer top.
image.jpeg

Bathroom door mirror not cleaned. Smudge spots
image.jpeg

Someone else's clothing hanger left behind.
image.jpeg

Chipped TV dresser
image.jpeg

Clock missing, filthy phone and remote.
image.jpeg

Streaks on the TV
image.jpeg

Clogged shower head that sprayed everywhere even out of the shower.image.jpeg

Last edited:

DH and I have loved this resort and have stayed practically every trip there. We have tried the All Stars but have had horrible experiences there. So Pop has been it for us. Sadly we feel that the housekeeping and maintenance has been slipping over the years. Here are a few photos taken from our recent trip. I missed taking photos of the Carpet (stained), Towels (Stained), Bed (Needs replacing springs shot, you really sink in), Sink (leaking from faucet). We let the staff know of the room issues but with such a short stay and not getting the room until after 10pm arrival night we just lived with it.

Photos to come.
I think the beds can be luck of the draw. We had a SUPER COMFORTABLE mattress last week!! Felt like it had a gel topper on it!! It was great! This was in the 50's. The room I had back in July in the 70's section was quite comfy!

I didn't get any stained towels, but I got one that had a bad odor. Not thrilling, but for a week's stay I'm not going to complain. We have gotten smelly towels at other hotels, both Disney and non Disney. And I always request a full set of extra towels on our first day so we have spares. Honestly, I think their wash cloths are much better quality than the used to be.
Sorry to hear you weren't happy. You should have reported the carpet stains though. They can shampoo between guests. They once shampooed my carpet during my stay!!! LOL.

Will the fridges at a Pop fit the 33.8 fl oz Smart Water Bottles?

Can someone who has shipped something to Pop recently please post the address you shipped to? I'm looking to ship some water in advance using Amazon. Thank you

Last edited:
Will the fridges at a Pop fit the 33.8 fl oz Smart Water Bottles?

Can someone who has shipped something to Pop recently please post the address you shipped to? I'm looking to ship some water in advance using Amazon. Thank you

The address for Pop Century is in the first post of this thread. The second post contains pictures of the refrigerator both empty and with drinks/food in it. The shelves are all adjustable so depending on what else you're putting in the fridge, you should be able to fit in the Smart Water Bottles.

Th
The address for Pop Century is in the first post of this thread. The second post contains pictures of the refrigerator both empty and with drinks/food in it. The shelves are all adjustable so depending on what else you're putting in the fridge, you should be able to fit in the Smart Water Bottles.

Thanks, but I must be overlooking the shipping address because I've scanned the first page 3 times.

Th

Thanks, but I must be overlooking the shipping address because I've scanned the first page 3 times.
"RIGHT-ON" POP FACTS :thumbsup2

Resort: Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Address: 1050 Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 32830
Tel: 407.938.4000
Fax: 407.938.4039
Official Website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/
Category: Value
Opening Date: December 14, 2003
Rooms: 2,880; 260 square feet
Check-in Time: 3:00 pm
Check-out Time: 11:00 am

Now this is our experience hopefully yours will be better. We love this as our value resort. If we could afford a moderate or deluxe we would do that instead of Pop now. DH is pricing off property hotels now.

Someone spilled something and wasn't cleaned off drawer top.
View attachment 154781

Bathroom door mirror not cleaned. Smudge spots
View attachment 154782

Someone else's clothing hanger left behind.
View attachment 154783

Chipped TV dresser
View attachment 154784

Clock missing, filthy phone and remote.
View attachment 154785

Streaks on the TV
View attachment 154786

Clogged shower head that sprayed everywhere even out of the shower.View attachment 154787
I am not sure that the clock is missing. I thought I read somewhere recently that they removed all clocks from the resorts as most people have iPhones or smart phones so they removed them. Not an upgrade if you ask me but that isn't Disney missing stuff that's Disney cutting costs

Actually I would call and pay off balance with gift cards before your trip. They are often putting the remaining balance for the room on your credit card before you get there to check in.

On day two of our stay, I went to checkin desk and had them refund the room charge that had already been charged to my credit card. Then paid with my gift cards.
We check out in two days. Tomorrow night, I'll do the same thing. Refund everything we've been charging to my credit card. Then pay with my gift cards. It did take a little time, but it worked.

Yesterday was the first day I could make FP's and resort check-in. I have a standard room at POP and requested 1960's and lake view. After thinking about it, I realized that most of the standard rooms in the 1960's buildings probably have a lake view so I went in to modify my requests and MDE won't let me change them! Last year at POR I was able to modify my requests multiple times. Can you no longer make changes in MDE in regards to room requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter