Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Captain Cook's is open 24 hours for grab and go. I could be mistaken or the hours might have changed. I've been looking into this myself for our April Marathon trip. I can run without food but NOT without coffee! :snail:

Thanks! We stopped at sbux wherever we went last time, but this time want to get it beforehand sometimes. :)

All I can think of when I see boutiki is "booty" - makes me giggle.

Ok, I'm sure if I find the right way to phrase this i will get google to answer me, but maybe you guys could help faster.

I understand I can get coffee from captain cook as early as 6:30. Is there anywhere else at Poly I can buy coffee that early, or even 7?

Thanks!

I think Kona Island opens at 6:30am and has the Kona pressed pot coffee that everyone talks about plus cappuccino type drinks and pastries.

I plan to stop there one early morning :)

hey all we check in 9 days from now and this thread just got me soooo excited! we are renting dvc points and this will be the first time we have stayed at poly.

I just read a random review online that the speakers were not working for the fireworks. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also wondered if someone could tell me how we will get more towels if we are staying DVC? We don't have a washer dryer and i don't intend to do much laundry so i wondered if i was able to request more? thanks!

New speakers were installed all over the resort last summer. I saw this for myself and all were functioning well. I checked with someone at the resort last month and was told that all are still working.

In the dvc studios, could a pack and play fit in the bathroom with just the shower?

Also, I know they do towels on the 4th day. Is cleaning done on day 7?

Hey! I am so excited! We just decided to go to the Polynesian for our next trip (May 2018). Undecided on if we will stay club level or not. Hubby really wants to but I'm on the fence. Cannot wait! It'll be me, hubby, 3.5 year old daughter, and my mother and father in law : ) This past summer we stayed at Art of Animation and it was too cramped for us in the same room... so this time we will do 2 seperate rooms :) I've stayed at the poly before but it's 17 years! This is hubbys first time! So excited :)

In the dvc studios, could a pack and play fit in the bathroom with just the shower?

I have not stayed in one but have been in one and I would say yes, it would fit. However, I don't believe you would be able to open the shower door with it in there.

Also, I know they do towels on the 4th day. Is cleaning done on day 7?

Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $15.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 for each day requested

Question re: towels in a DVC unit. Do those of you that stay in them frequently feel the need to pack extra towels, especially for the pool?

We were lucky enough to get a 'cabana' around smaller pool last year... it was when they were just starting them. They called us the Family of the Day and it was great! Anyone been recently and know if that's still the case? TIA

We were lucky enough to get a 'cabana' around smaller pool last year... it was when they were just starting them. They called us the Family of the Day and it was great! Anyone been recently and know if that's still the case? TIA
Now you can rent them.

I just booked my first stay at the Polynesian and am clueless about the room locations there. I have read that not all of the rooms have a full balcony, something that I do enjoy on my trips. Which room locations have the full balcony?

Thank you!

I just booked my first stay at the Polynesian and am clueless about the room locations there. I have read that not all of the rooms have a full balcony, something that I do enjoy on my trips. Which room locations have the full balcony?

Thank you!
If you are booked non-DVC, balconies are on 3rd floor. Patios on 1st. Second floor has a sliding door but no real outdoor space.

I just did my online check in! In a week and a half we will be arriving at the Poly!!!! :banana:

Question: There was no option for King bed in the special request section. If we are 2 adults - what are the chances that we will get a King bed without requesting one? I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to call. TIA!

I just did my online check in! In a week and a half we will be arriving at the Poly!!!! :banana:

Question: There was no option for King bed in the special request section. If we are 2 adults - what are the chances that we will get a King bed without requesting one? I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to call. TIA!
Call. For all they know, you're two adults who hate sharing a bed.

I have not stayed in one but have been in one and I would say yes, it would fit. However, I don't believe you would be able to open the shower door with it in there.

Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $15.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 for each day requested

That's great, thank you! It's just for the baby to nap if her older siblings are being too loud

Wonderful info. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter