Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with doing it at check-in is it becomes dependent on potentially being able to switch a room. DVC units run at very high occupancy, and depending on time, online check-in, who's been texted, other people on continuing stays... lot of moving parts.
That's what my concern was. I've heard back and they've taken care of it for us. Thx for the advice!

Thank you, all! Now I'm even more excited! Had to switch from Grand Floridian to the Polynesian and I'm really thinking we made a great choice in picking this over the Boardwalk!

The GF is a very nice resort, but the Poly is just amazing! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

That's fantastic! I did the same and am only a few days away. I can't wait!

Have a great time :).

Coming to WDW in a week. Staying in a DVC lake-view studio at Poly. Any suggested rooms or do all they all have pretty much the same view?

I can't answer your question, but wanted to say I hope you have a nice trip :wizard:.

Hello all!

My mom and I will be travelling to WDW at the end of April for Star Wars Dark Side weekend. We have Boardwalk booked for Thursday to Monday but decided to stay until Wednesday. Instead of adding the days to our package, we decided to rent DVC points and will be at Poly Monday until Wednesday! I am super excited about it. It will be my first time at a MK resort since I was a teenager (so 10+ years) when we stayed at WL and it will be my first time at a monorail resort!

I've read through the first page of super informative posts and look forward to following along from here on out until my trip! :)

I didn't realize that all the DVC buildings have balconies on the second floor. This is very exciting news. And if the view isn't anything spectacular then I'll do what I did when I had a view of a gigantic crane type piece of construction equipment, I will take my coffee into the lobby and have a quiet coffee listening to hawaiian music playing (early riser here)

hey all we check in 9 days from now and this thread just got me soooo excited! we are renting dvc points and this will be the first time we have stayed at poly.

I just read a random review online that the speakers were not working for the fireworks. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also wondered if someone could tell me how we will get more towels if we are staying DVC? We don't have a washer dryer and i don't intend to do much laundry so i wondered if i was able to request more? thanks!

hey all we check in 9 days from now and this thread just got me soooo excited! we are renting dvc points and this will be the first time we have stayed at poly.

I just read a random review online that the speakers were not working for the fireworks. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also wondered if someone could tell me how we will get more towels if we are staying DVC? We don't have a washer dryer and i don't intend to do much laundry so i wondered if i was able to request more? thanks!
We're checking in on the same day!

You'll have to call down for towels. Since DVC only gets service every 4 days, I think it's an additional $14 per call for towels. We've never been charged this (that I saw).

Any chance of Moana joining any character meals or other festivities at the Poly? (Ideally by November ...). Seems so logical to me, and would be a dream for my little island girl.

Any chance of Moana joining any character meals or other festivities at the Poly? (Ideally by November ...). Seems so logical to me, and would be a dream for my little island girl.
Doubtful on the character meal. Issue is that they would have to mix her franchise, and they typically don't do that early in the lifespan of a character.

Moana does meet at DHS.

Hello all!

My mom and I will be travelling to WDW at the end of April for Star Wars Dark Side weekend. We have Boardwalk booked for Thursday to Monday but decided to stay until Wednesday. Instead of adding the days to our package, we decided to rent DVC points and will be at Poly Monday until Wednesday! I am super excited about it. It will be my first time at a MK resort since I was a teenager (so 10+ years) when we stayed at WL and it will be my first time at a monorail resort!

I've read through the first page of super informative posts and look forward to following along from here on out until my trip! :)

It's great staying on the monorail and the Poly is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I didn't realize that all the DVC buildings have balconies on the second floor. This is very exciting news. And if the view isn't anything spectacular then I'll do what I did when I had a view of a gigantic crane type piece of construction equipment, I will take my coffee into the lobby and have a quiet coffee listening to hawaiian music playing (early riser here)

That sounds like a great plan! :goodvibes

Have a great time! :yay:

We're checking in on the same day!

:cool1::cool1:

So, does anyone else dress up in ridiculous Hawaiian shirts for check in? Just us?
:laughing:

We didn't have them for check in, but bought some at Boutiki for the SoA dinner show :).

I cant believe I'm finally typing this.....

I CHECK INTO THE POLY TODAY!!!:jumping1:

Have a great time! :cheer2::banana::cool1:

All I can think of when I see boutiki is "booty" - makes me giggle.

Ok, I'm sure if I find the right way to phrase this i will get google to answer me, but maybe you guys could help faster.

I understand I can get coffee from captain cook as early as 6:30. Is there anywhere else at Poly I can buy coffee that early, or even 7?

Thanks!

All I can think of when I see boutiki is "booty" - makes me giggle.

Ok, I'm sure if I find the right way to phrase this i will get google to answer me, but maybe you guys could help faster.

I understand I can get coffee from captain cook as early as 6:30. Is there anywhere else at Poly I can buy coffee that early, or even 7?

Thanks!

I think Captain Cook's is open 24 hours for grab and go. I could be mistaken or the hours might have changed. I've been looking into this myself for our April Marathon trip. I can run without food but NOT without coffee! :snail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter