• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard room rate was a little over $700/night Easter week, and the Pool/Marina view is $767, so a difference of about $60/night. Lagoon view is $926/night, and Theme Park $1,028.

Of course I would have rather kept my standard room rate and then won the "Samoa lottery", but for me personally the upcharge is worth it. Lagoon view is $926/night, and Theme Park $1,028, so the $60 upcharge for pool/marina is in line with what I expected. My gut feeling is pool/marina will always be the 1st category to sell out at this price point

My daughters (11 & 12 yo) use the pool every day for a couple hours, and them being able to run right out the patio door to the pools is priceless.

You may want to check with you TA again today. Yesterday the rates were not available, but this morning they were.

Good Luck!!!

Is the pool/Marina view in the same category together? Or are they separate booking categories. I'm just wondering because isn't there a chance you would get Fiji or Tuvalu instead of Samoa when booking this category?

Yes, I see that now! I also check again this this morning for a few dates in 2017 and none are showing available rooms.

However, the room category is showing for 2017 dates on MDE, but with no dates available. I'm far from an expert on this, but I think that may mean Disney will be adding inventory in 2017, just as they did for 2018 this morning. I would recommend checking back periodically, as the pool/marina view could be added for 2017 at any time.

I am getting so excited--in 55 days we check in for our first Poly stay! Everything is really starting to come together: ADRs and FPs made, stroller rented, oasis patios booked, surprise cupcakes ordered, Hawaiian themed outfits for our arrival day purchased, surprise souvenirs purchased for the girls. I am just getting so excited and wanted to share with people who would "get" it!:yay:

Hi! Hope you enjoy as much as we did. Btw, I didn't know you could order surprise cupcakes - how does that work? Is it like ordering a cake?

never mind! spoke to you in other thread. :)

Thanks!

They really made this confusing! Just to add - yesterday I was told I can't upgrade, no upgrades through end of 2017 (which I wasn't sure I believed) - so I just looked again and marina/pool view is still showing as unavailable for 2017 dates (through December). Looks like only 2018 dates.

***edited - anyone with 2017 dates should definitely try for themselves and report back to all of us - I could have easily been given the wrong information, it's happened before.

Honestly, that's probably a good thing as I don't know if I would be able to stop myself from upgrading... :p

Congrats on being able to upgrade! According to what Farro posted yesterday they aren't using the new room category for bookings made for the rest of 2017, so we still get to play "room request roulette" LOL but for future bookings we will definitely be trying to book a pool view!

Is the pool/Marina view in the same category together? Or are they separate booking categories. I'm just wondering because isn't there a chance you would get Fiji or Tuvalu instead of Samoa when booking this category?

Hi Disneylover99,

Yes, its all 1 category, so I know there are about 4 buildings I could be placed in. I'd be happy with all of them. If its Fiji or Tuvalu, I'll still nice views, be central to the Ceremonial House, and be a very short walk to GF, where I will have many of my ADRs scheduled.

All in all a very good morning :)

Like Long Beach Mike replied, they are the same category, so you could end up with Figi or the marina end of Tuvalu. The marina side of Figi would still be a good room though. It is very close to the GCH and you could have a partial view of the lagoon.

figi3.JPG

Yes, I see that now! I also check again this this morning for a few dates in 2017 and none are showing available rooms.
However, the room category is showing for 2017 dates on MDE, but with no dates available. I'm far from an expert on this, but I think that may mean Disney will be adding inventory in 2017, just as they did for 2018 this morning. I would recommend checking back periodically, as the pool/marina view could be added for 2017 at any time.

I will keep checking just in case. It would be nice to have the chance to upgrade!

Checked out this morning. This was my second stay. I loved it even more then my first stay (if that's even possible). Last night, we couldn't tear ourselves away from the place to go to Epcot.
We will definitely be back next year! :love:

Glad you had a great time! :wizard:

I just checked this morning and bookable rooms for the pool/marina rooms are now available. I just upgraded my standard room for 4/2-4/10/18 to pool/marina. The cost of the upgrade was about a 10% increase in price.

Congrats on being able to upgrade! Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

Just a FYI....we were in Rarontonga and according to the room maps our room was shown as a king, but it was really 2 queens, so I'm not sure how accurate the room maps are.
Was it the maps from my page?

Like Long Beach Mike replied, they are the same category, so you could end up with Figi or the marina end of Tuvalu. The marina side of Figi would still be a good room though. It is very close to the GCH and you could have a partial view of the lagoon.

View attachment 265318

I will keep checking just in case. It would be nice to have the chance to upgrade!

I like the marina view best!!! :) Let's let each other (and everyone else) know if it becomes available for 2017 dates!

Hi! Hope you enjoy as much as we did. Btw, I didn't know you could order surprise cupcakes - how does that work? Is it like ordering a cake?
Yes! I followed the same process for ordering a cake. Here is what I posted about it on the cake thread:
I called the Grand Floridian and Pat answered after two rings. We spoke for less than 10 minutes and everything is settled! I am traveling with my three daughters, my mom, and my husband, so I ordered 5 princess themed cupcakes and a prince. They are delivering to the Oasis Pool at the poolside patio we have reserved. Princesses will be Cinderella (blue icing with a pink bow), Jasmine (aqua icing and a purple gem), Belle (yellow icing and a rose), Elsa (white icing with a snowflake and snow), Moana (red icing with a flower), and a Prince (bowtie). She quoted me $72 plus tax. Super expensive for cupcakes, but I know my family is going to be so excited and surprised which will make this worth it! I will post pictures after our trip in October.

Hmmm. I don't necessarily need a good view. I'd just be worried that booking that category could put me further away from the Oasis pool. I'd rather have closer proximity to both the pools. I guess it's a bit of a gamble. As long as Rarotonga facing the monorail remains standard, I'll happily request that.

Yes. Yours and touring plans. I kept checking both, cause I thought I must be wrong. Room 1806.

Good to know. Well ours match because we both got them from the Polynesian's own list of room categories that they have at the resort. I know there were some changes of the rooms after they first introduced the king rooms because they added a king to one of the Samoa rooms that did not originally have one but I was not aware of the change to the Rarotonga room. Thanks for letting me know.

Are the majority of you finding you are getting your room texts before you arrive?
We should be arriving at the hotel by 11:30 if all goes well. Just wondering if we will get our room number before that! :)
We never got a room text. I remember someone on here saying they received an email that their room was ready. We arrived at 11:15am and our room was not ready. At 3:30pm we still hadn't received a text. It was then that I remembered I should check my email. Sure enough, they emailed me at 1:28...... Never ever got a text.

We never got a room text. I remember someone on here saying they received an email that their room was ready. We arrived at 11:15am and our room was not ready. At 3:30pm we still hadn't received a text. It was then that I remembered I should check my email. Sure enough, they emailed me at 1:28...... Never ever got a text.

And I received neither a room text, nor an email 2 weeks ago. My room number only showed up on the MDE app.

Double check your phone number in the MDE app. Go to my account and then contact information. When I checked they only had my home phone, even though I put my cell in the space for online check-in.

For those who have stayed in the Poly Standard room: is the blowdryer connected to the wall or is it a real blowdryer? Would rather not pack mine if I can save the weight.

For those who have stayed in the Poly Standard room: is the blowdryer connected to the wall or is it a real blowdryer? Would rather not pack mine if I can save the weight.
The one we had was a real hair dryer. It was just placed on the counter not hanging from the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter