• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from 9 nights at our happy place. First 4 nights were at Poly Club Level. We had 3rd floor Garden View. We were on the opposite end as the lounge - and at first I was a little bummed, but itr actually turned out to be a great location. It was a quick walk to the lounge - but the best part was the easy exit to the pool. Everything was good - from cast members to the club offerings (all were same as what has been discussed last few weeks). I will say the Adult POG juice - OMG was that delish!!

Is the adult Pog juice only at the club level offerings or do they sell it at the bars? I love Pog juice! (I love that Moana cake too!!)

20 more days until we check in at the Poly!!!!

We are on the third floor about middle way, we requested first or third floor. Also, The entire first floor is closed in the Hawaii building. They are remodeling or something, I will ask about that In the lounge when I remember.

Hope you're having a great time :goodvibes.

First floor update in Hawaii......I was told they are securing the TV to the wall, removing cabinet doors in front of mini refrigerators, removing the ceiling fans and installing a large round light, and making the first floor look like the third floor. On the third floor the tv is on the wall, there is no ceiling fan but a large round light, and the refrigerator does not have a door on it. Below are pics of our room. Still having fun and locpvingbthe Poly!

Thanks for the update :flower3:.

No problem on the pics, see more below. Yes, there are USB ports and outlets under the TV now. There are also some on the night stand between the beds too. Tonight for evening offerings they had some type of meatball appetizer and pulled pork. I liked the sweet pulled pork better than the somewhat spicy, at least to me, meatballs. We are heading to AK tonight for EMH, fingers crossed we can get in Pandora! My DD and I take it easy while on vacation, no early mornings and we just go with what sounds good, if I can I will take pictures of whatever you want, no problem.

Thanks for taking time out of your trip to take pics and coming here to share them :).

So the extra amenities that "Moderates" and "Deluxes" used to have are dwindling.

:sad2:

hotel fans in general are such dust magnets and rarely seem to be cleaned so I'm actually ok with a light instead of a fan.

I agree and feel the same about a light instead of a fan ;).

Yet the prices aren't dwindling :sad2:.

They're not only not dwindling, but they keep increasing :(.

There have been times that I've told DH that Disney needs to open up more walking paths because it seems like we can walk faster than monorailing it

How great it would be to be able to walk to MK from the Poly and GF ::yes::.

Just back from 9 nights at our happy place. First 4 nights were at Poly Club Level. We had 3rd floor Garden View. We were on the opposite end as the lounge - and at first I was a little bummed, but itr actually turned out to be a great location. It was a quick walk to the lounge - but the best part was the easy exit to the pool. Everything was good - from cast members to the club offerings (all were same as what has been discussed last few weeks). I will say the Adult POG juice - OMG was that delish!!

We rented out the cabana for the later half a day and had Twilight Feast and special cakes delivered. Thank you @GADisneyDad14 for the info - the cabana was perfect for our needs and would absolutely recommend. And of course the cake and Twilight Feast were a major hit.

Also super big thank you to @GADisneyDad14 for the heads up and info on the Happily Ever After Dessert Party with Plaza Garden viewing. We did exactly like you - watched one night from the beach and then checked out the dessert party after. That viewing location was AMAZING! We loved the show - even though we are huge Wishes fans - this show is great! We also had a bonus and the 2 signers that sing the new Happily Ever After song were there and sang the song live after the show. y DD was so excited because she loves Jordan Fisher!

Here are the 2 cakes just for fun!

View attachment 241009 View attachment 241010

Those cakes look awesome! Thanks for your review, glad you had a great time :wizard:.

I'll be at Poly in September for the first time and love reading about other people's stays.

The Poly is amazing, hope you have a great trip :).

I actually prefer watching the MK fireworks from the Poly over CR because your looking at the Castle pretty much straight on. Both are great, just a preference.

Me too :goodvibes.

Our trip was so great! We are actually in the process of relocating from NYC to South Florida (this trip has been booked for awhile) so we upgraded to annual passes while we were there. We will absolutely be going back in the fall - if I can find a somewhat affordable Club level room. Eek - the prices for Sept/Oct are no joke - even the Bounce back offer was too much.

Good luck with the relocation/move. Hope you're able to grab a decent discount to return in the fall :wizard:.

Poly has my favorite view too :) I've watched from GF and CR, but you get a great angle from Poly. I even enjoy it from 'Ohana when you get seated just right.

I agree ;).

Personally I'm excited to see it from the Poly

You won't be disappointed :).

Or to our room, or to the club, oh choices choices! I'm giddy with excitement! :)

Lots of great places to watch ::yes::.

Have a great trip :yay:.

Just checked in this morning in Hawaii building! First stay at the Poly and I am very impressed! Denise at club level check in desk was wonderful and you could tell she loved her job. In fact she told us the Poly was her favorite resort and place to work. The front desk ckerk was also very helpful and gave us an overview of the resort on our way to the check in area in the Hawaii building. We got our room around 1:30 ( we checked in around 10 am). We were here before breakfast was over so we had that today too. They were serving assorted lunchmeats, cheeses, boiled eggs, oatmeal, pastries, breads, bagels, and cereal. Fresh fruit was also served. They also had milk, juices, and water. During the midday offerings we saw grilled chicken slices, lettuce, pineapple salsa and a few other garnishes, veggie tray, chips, nuts, cookies ( yummy!) and the juice everyone talks about, lemonade, water, soda (we call it pop), some hard cider and a few other items in the Refrigerator.
Our room is nice and faces the Oasis pool. I have a the room service menu and if I can figure out how to upload pages I will, but I am not very tech savvy.
Question? Just ask.

Do you know by chance what the current weekly menu is for the snacks and evening food at the club lounge?

Is the adult Pog juice only at the club level offerings or do they sell it at the bars? I love Pog juice! (I love that Moana cake too!!)

If the drink the OP was discussing is the Ku'ulei's Punch served in CL--it is not just a POG adult beverage--it is actually a concoction made with various wines, liquor and fruit juices. It is named after a CM who used to make if while she was working CL and retired, although I know she returned as a greeter on a part-time basis and may continue to do so. We haven't stayed at the Polynesian in a good number of years (since all the best CMs left or retired and the resort changed with the DVC addition. ;) ) and have not had the pleasure of visiting with her. Steve has it on his site--it is indeed delicious!

If there is a different drink which contains POG--carry on and ignore my Punch commentary. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
it seems the GF isn't THAT far and not sure why they dont have one. As for the Poly, if they can build a gondola, they build a walking bridge. not sure the distance it actually is though. but i'm *dreaming*

I was wondering this too, when we were on the monorail after the GF stop I noticed a walking path between GF and MK below the monorail that had MK themed street lights along it. Does anyone know if this not used at all, only when the rail is down or only accessible by CMs?

it seems the GF isn't THAT far and not sure why they dont have one. As for the Poly, if they can build a gondola, they build a walking bridge. not sure the distance it actually is though. but i'm *dreaming*

Yes, the GF is RIGHT there...lol. It would be nice if they could extend the walking path between the Poly & GF to the MK :).

I was wondering this too, when we were on the monorail after the GF stop I noticed a walking path between GF and MK below the monorail that had MK themed street lights along it. Does anyone know if this not used at all, only when the rail is down or only accessible by CMs?

I've seen this mentioned before and I can't remember just what the explanation was as to why a walking path couldn't be done between GF and MK. Hopefully others know more about it and could give some input on it ;).

Yes, the GF is RIGHT there...lol. It would be nice if they could extend the walking path between the Poly & GF to the MK :).

I've seen this mentioned before and I can't remember just what the explanation was as to why a walking path couldn't be done between GF and MK. Hopefully others know more about it and could give some input on it ;).

You left out my Poly to MK bridge. :lmao:

The runners are not on the beds on the third floor, Hawaii. Here are a few pics of afternoon offerings, yummy!
We made it to Pandora last night for EMH. We entered the park around 10:30 pm, rode the safari (nice by the way, saw a lot of animals) and then headed to Pandora. No one checked magic bands until you were in the line for a bit, they did not check at ride entrance. The person in front of us had to get out of line since he must not have been staying on site. We rode the river ride with a 20 minute wait and the FOP in about 45 minutes. Both were nice and the FOP was really awesome, it reminded me of Forbidden Journey in ways, no sideways, ups or downs as intense as FJ but still nice. It was dark in Pandora so it was hard for us to figure out which way to go but the lights were pretty and I see why the lights were dim. It is cool when you walk in at night as there is a black light type of effect, your clothes, shoes, purses turn white, that was a very nice effect. I did take a Dramamine before I road FOP, DD21 did not.

Did they take the runners off of the beds? Recent pictures at most hotels just look like a bed with sheets on it!

3rd floor Samoa room did not have a runner in the bed as of mid-May :scratchin ;(

There is an explaination somewhere as to why the path from GF towards MK suddenly stops (or is it a path from MK towards GF.... now I forget! :rolleyes1 Any way it has to do with the water that runs thru at the end of the path... The walkway could not be extended over this waterway for whatever reason. That SURE would be nice tho!!!

It would be great! I heard, many years ago, that it was because it would be too costly to put up a drawbridge over the area. This is where the ELP enters the lake and returns at night. The barges are quite tall and navigating it would be difficult. You can actually walk the path from MK to the canal where it dead ends--we've done it. The lights are placed all along that walkway.

I'm not sure I believe the whole "cost/ELP" argument--there is an awful lot of wildlife back that canal and walking at night would not be my first choice. :scared:

Google Maps satellite view shows that the walking path seems to start after leaving the GF property with what looks like a small access waterway to the Seven Seas Lagoon in between the GF and where the walking path starts.

A tiny pedestrian drawbridge could solve the problem but probably a is probably legal nightmare.

Yes, the GF is RIGHT there...lol. It would be nice if they could extend the walking path between the Poly & GF to the MK :)

I believe there is a jogging path between the poly and gf. Between the gf and mk there is a canal where they store the barges for the electric water pageant, so those barges are probably why you can't walk to the mk.

If the drink the OP was discussing is the Ku'ulei's Punch served in CL--it is not just a POG adult beverage--it is actually a concoction made with various wines, liquor and fruit juices. It is named after a CM who used to make if while she was working CL and retired, although I know she returned as a greeter on a part-time basis and may continue to do so. We haven't stayed at the Polynesian in a good number of years (since all the best CMs left or retired and the resort changed with the DVC addition. ;) ) and have not had the pleasure of visiting with her. Steve has it on his site--it is indeed delicious!

If there is a different drink which contains POG--carry on and ignore my Punch commentary. :rotfl2:

This! :thumbsup2I could not remember name at all - so I took easy way out! haha IT WAS DELISH!!!

Excited for two non park days here in July. What are the must try for eats??

Considering renting a cabana half day too and wondering if it's worth it?

Thanks. We have it booked!! Love their breakfast. I remember reading something about things to try for lunch but for the life of me I can't remember what it was

Still trying to get an Ohana dinner but if not it's okay.

My favorite lunch spot for a Poly resort day is the Oasis Bar/Grill. They have an edamame/grilled chicken salad (can't remember the name) that is wonderful on a hot day. Light, fresh, not too heavy. It's tough to get good vegetables in the diet on a WDW trip and this one really hits the spot. Could eat it every day if given the opportunity.

Oasis also has other good lunch options as well....fish tacos, etc. Since we're usually at the pool on a resort day, this is our spot. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter