Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. We have it booked!! Love their breakfast. I remember reading something about things to try for lunch but for the life of me I can't remember what it was

Still trying to get an Ohana dinner but if not it's okay.
I know the food is amazing all day, but hanging with Stitch and Pluto is what sells it for us in the morning. :love:

You left out my Poly to MK bridge. :lmao:

I knew I was forgetting something :rotfl::rotfl:.

I think a Poly to MK bridge would be awesome! ;).

Sorry hit submit to quickly, pics below.

Great pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

There is an explaination somewhere as to why the path from GF towards MK suddenly stops (or is it a path from MK towards GF.... now I forget! :rolleyes1 Any way it has to do with the water that runs thru at the end of the path... The walkway could not be extended over this waterway for whatever reason. That SURE would be nice tho!!!

It would be great! I heard, many years ago, that it was because it would be too costly to put up a drawbridge over the area. This is where the ELP enters the lake and returns at night. The barges are quite tall and navigating it would be difficult. You can actually walk the path from MK to the canal where it dead ends--we've done it. The lights are placed all along that walkway.

I'm not sure I believe the whole "cost/ELP" argument--there is an awful lot of wildlife back that canal and walking at night would not be my first choice. :scared:

Google Maps satellite view shows that the walking path seems to start after leaving the GF property with what looks like a small access waterway to the Seven Seas Lagoon in between the GF and where the walking path starts.

A tiny pedestrian drawbridge could solve the problem but probably a is probably legal nightmare.

I believe there is a jogging path between the poly and gf. Between the gf and mk there is a canal where they store the barges for the electric water pageant, so those barges are probably why you can't walk to the mk.

Thanks for all of these explanations! I knew some of you would know the reasons :goodvibes.

Excited for two non park days here in July.

Have a great time :).

We LOVE 'Ohana breakfast. Currently chomping at the bit for ADR window on Friday. :love:

Us too! It's one of our favorites :goodvibes.

Good luck with your ADRs tomorrow. Hope you get everything you want :wizard:.

Thanks. We have it booked!! Love their breakfast. I remember reading something about things to try for lunch but for the life of me I can't remember what it was

Still trying to get an Ohana dinner but if not it's okay.

When are you looking for an Ohana dinner? I have one on September 21 that I am going to give up! Easily the best place for dinner at disney!!!!

So my mother was in town last weekend and I took her to Trader Sam's. She really liked it! I have never seen it so empty in there. When was the last time you got in not only with no wait, but with your PICK of places to sit?? Not me! Maybe it was because we got there right at 8, as they were kicking out the under 21 crowd (or under 18?). We were there to show it to her and to get something my husband has been promising me for many months...

18739975_10158662159250368_1870083455053629316_n.jpg

My beloved Nautilus! It now sits proudly in my glass cabinet at home, above my Polynesian Peal, Uh-Oa, and Krakatowa Punch cup. Bonus: it was very delicious.

Only thing that would have made that night better was if we were staying there! 8 more months now...

So my mother was in town last weekend and I took her to Trader Sam's. She really liked it! I have never seen it so empty in there. When was the last time you got in not only with no wait, but with your PICK of places to sit?? Not me! Maybe it was because we got there right at 8, as they were kicking out the under 21 crowd (or under 18?). We were there to show it to her and to get something my husband has been promising me for many months...

18739975_10158662159250368_1870083455053629316_n.jpg

My beloved Nautilus! It now sits proudly in my glass cabinet at home, above my Polynesian Peal, Uh-Oa, and Krakatowa Punch cup. Bonus: it was very delicious.

Only thing that would have made that night better was if we were staying there! 8 more months now...

I so love this! Did you pack it in your suitcase to take home? Or how did you get it home?

Hi guys,
First post here! Last week my partner and I booked our first Disney World trip and we're staying at the Poly! We're super excited. I'm a little confused so far as we haven't yet had the option to select a building. If we don't offer any preferences for building or room type, are there any really awful locations? Haha! Thanks for the great thread and pics, we're loving reading through it all.
Alison x

Hi guys,
First post here! Last week my partner and I booked our first Disney World trip and we're staying at the Poly! We're super excited. I'm a little confused so far as we haven't yet had the option to select a building. If we don't offer any preferences for building or room type, are there any really awful locations? Haha! Thanks for the great thread and pics, we're loving reading through it all.
Alison x
Congratulations on booking your trip! We'll also be staying at the Poly for our first time. I learned about the different longhouses by reading The Tikiman Pages site and by looking at the room finder on the Touring Plans website. Have fun planning!

Glad you enjoyed the resort! Did you request your room location or was ok just pure luck? We are staying at the Poly in July and I am debating how specific to be with my room request
So we requested Samoa, Volcano pool side, 3rd floor, and wanted 3605. When we got there we got this wonderful Hawaiian lady and she told us we were in Tuvalu 3rd floor. Basically our view is a building. This was literally the only view I did not want. She saw how excited we were when we came in (we haven't been in 10 long years and have tried many times to come but it always fell through) and when she said Tuvalu, my face fell, but I still was super nice about it, so she went out of her way to stick us in Samoa 3606, the room next to the specific one we requested. It was absolutely perfect. It may have helped that we were celebrating our anniversary and it was our daughter's first time. I think she wanted to help make it special for us. Although, I did think it was weird that they had the exact location available for us that we wanted but didn't put us there. I don't think Tuvalu is a popular choice and they may try to stick a lot of people there and if they don't complain, it sticks, if you ask to be anywhere else(very nicely) the will try to comply.

A few years ago we stayed in a 3rd floor room in Samoa facing the volcano pool....I agree it is amazing! We're headed back to the Poly in August and I've put in a request for Samoa again. We seem to get Fiji most trips which is another favorite longhouse.

We were in WDW May 24-26 for a short stay at the Beach Club. We made a visit to our beloved Poly after our MK day and it was so strange to be on the grounds knowing we didn't have a room there! But we enjoyed the smells, the music, and a drink at Trader Sam's.

That's odd that you had to go through bag check twice. Did you see other people getting off the monorail at MK having their bags checked again?

I asked my husband if we went through bag check twice and he couldn't remember. I could be wrong but I swear I thought we did it twice.

We went around the the Epcot resorts and POR to see what we liked for next time, but now I can't imagine not staying at the Poly. Hubby said next time has to be a cheaper trip b/c we are trying to get a new house and save for Ireland. I said Beach club and he laughed saying that it's not really cheaper. He likes AOA. I mean, I'm sure it will be nice, but I'm going to miss the Poly.

Hi guys,
Alison x

Welcome to the Dis :welcome:

Congrats on booking your first trip! We love Samoa as it's right next to the pool (and just steps from the GCH and beach), but there really isn't a bad location at the Poly (IMO). I hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

So we requested Samoa, Volcano pool side, 3rd floor, and wanted 3605. When we got there we got this wonderful Hawaiian lady and she told us we were in Tuvalu 3rd floor. Basically our view is a building. This was literally the only view I did not want. She saw how excited we were when we came in (we haven't been in 10 long years and have tried many times to come but it always fell through) and when she said Tuvalu, my face fell, but I still was super nice about it, so she went out of her way to stick us in Samoa 3606, the room next to the specific one we requested. It was absolutely perfect. It may have helped that we were celebrating our anniversary and it was our daughter's first time. I think she wanted to help make it special for us. Although, I did think it was weird that they had the exact location available for us that we wanted but didn't put us there. I don't think Tuvalu is a popular choice and they may try to stick a lot of people there and if they don't complain, it sticks, if you ask to be anywhere else(very nicely) the will try to comply.

It never hurts to ask for another room/location if you're unhappy about what you've been assigned. Glad the CM was able to change your longhouse :).

My family and I are headed to the Poly for our first stay there. Our usual "home" is WL, but we wanted to branch out a bit and try our other favorite resort. We booked a standard room, but I am unsure what this entails because from what I have read, it seems there are varied types of standard rooms. I have no idea what we have! Any way I can tell? I am definitely missing something.

My DH wanted to request Samoa, looks like that is a popular request lol :)

Happy Friday everyone! 2 quick questions:
1. Does anyone know if they have cases of bottled water in the gift shop or Capt Cooks? Thinking of forgoing our usual Garden Grocer order to save a few bucks as we always have too much left over but definitely need water. When we were at POR 2 years ago we were able to get a small case (qty 12 i think).
2. In the DVC studios, do both bathrooms have a hair dryer?

Thanks - we are off in 2 weeks and can't wait to be back at the Poly. Ordered some shirts from Etsy for DH and I to celebrate our 20th this year - we honeymooned in WDW the year of the pink castle cake! :)

Just wondering about requesting specific rooms ... we added on two days to our 20th Anniversary trip in late November, just so I could finally stay at the Polynesian (something I've been wanting to do since my first trip to Disney World in 1982). I got a Standard Room (all that was available when I booked - now there's nothing available). I've since called and they note a request to stay at Samoa, preferably in a balcony room, as I thought looking over a pool area might be fun for the kids (who we are surprising by bringing them along).

What are my chances of getting the longhouse I requested, or at least of getting a decent view ? I would be pretty upset if all I was looking at was the parking lot for that much per night, but I know they can't guarantee specific requests. Is there any other request I could make to increase the changes I get my preference ? And since I'm going to be at WDW for 5 days before we switch to the Poly, is there any value to perhaps stopping by and talking to the Front Desk before our check in date ? Or would that just be a little pushy ?

Just wondering about requesting specific rooms ... we added on two days to our 20th Anniversary trip in late November, just so I could finally stay at the Polynesian (something I've been wanting to do since my first trip to Disney World in 1982). I got a Standard Room (all that was available when I booked - now there's nothing available). I've since called and they note a request to stay at Samoa, preferably in a balcony room, as I thought looking over a pool area might be fun for the kids (who we are surprising by bringing them along).

What are my chances of getting the longhouse I requested, or at least of getting a decent view ?

That is completely dependent on occupancy and how many others requested the same thing. Since nobody but WDW knows either of those, it's impossible to say.

I would be pretty upset if all I was looking at was the parking lot for that much per night, but I know they can't guarantee specific requests.

I don't think that's even possible at Poly. Poly has some of THE best standard view rooms on property.

Is there any other request I could make to increase the changes I get my preference ?

Not that I can think of. Those 2 requests accurately depict what you are looking for in a room.

And since I'm going to be at WDW for 5 days before we switch to the Poly, is there any value to perhaps stopping by and talking to the Front Desk before our check in date ? Or would that just be a little pushy ?

You could, but it wouldn't give you any better chance.

Happy Friday everyone! 2 quick questions:
1. Does anyone know if they have cases of bottled water in the gift shop or Capt Cooks? Thinking of forgoing our usual Garden Grocer order to save a few bucks as we always have too much left over but definitely need water. When we were at POR 2 years ago we were able to get a small case (qty 12 i think).
2. In the DVC studios, do both bathrooms have a hair dryer?

Thanks - we are off in 2 weeks and can't wait to be back at the Poly. Ordered some shirts from Etsy for DH and I to celebrate our 20th this year - we honeymooned in WDW the year of the pink castle cake! :)
1. Yes, we did the same last trip
2. Not the last couple of times we have been there just the one, but you never know
3. Congrats on 20yrs!!pixiedust: That cake on the castle was something huh!

1. Yes, we did the same last trip
2. Not the last couple of times we have been there just the one, but you never know
3. Congrats on 20yrs!!pixiedust: That cake on the castle was something huh!

Thank you! I will pack a hair dryer (3 females in the room). That castle cake was my first trip to the World!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter