• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staying at the Poly 2nd week in June. Have a 7:30 breakfast reservation at Kona for Monday our first MK park day, but now we are thinking that maybe too late to get to the park when we want to. I believe Capt. Cooks stays open 24hrs and serves breakfast. Is this correct? If so how crowded is it at say 6:30 in the am and how is the food. Also how is the bag check line at the Poly monorail stop going? How bad does it get back up in the mornings? Thanks in advance.

Staying at the Poly 2nd week in June. Have a 7:30 breakfast reservation at Kona for Monday our first MK park day, but now we are thinking that maybe too late to get to the park when we want to. I believe Capt. Cooks stays open 24hrs and serves breakfast. Is this correct? If so how crowded is it at say 6:30 in the am and how is the food. Also how is the bag check line at the Poly monorail stop going? How bad does it get back up in the mornings? Thanks in advance.

Depending on how many in your party, how you linger at the table etc, will play part in determining when you LEAVE for MK. Last week, DH and I enjoyed bkfst at Kona Cafe at 7:30 am twice and headed to MK immediately after both times. On both days, we were walking into MK by 8:45. Bag check at Poly monorail is very smooth. Have ALL the zippers in your bag open and be aware to use BOTH sides of the bag check line, empty any pockets, etc. the more prepared you are, the quicker they can get you through. First thing in the morning is a crap shoot in terms of the bag check line. Some days we were the only ones there, other days there were folks in front of us. Again, if you are prepared and watch both sides of the line, you will get thru very quickly.

Yes, Captain Cook's is open 24 hours and food is fine. Even if the line gets backed up, they move along very quickly.

Even the best laid plans always have a quirk soooooo, my advice is don't rush! Relax and enjoy the ride!
:beach:

Bag check at Poly monorail is very smooth. Have ALL the zippers in your bag open and be aware to use BOTH sides of the bag check line, empty any pockets, etc. the more prepared you are, the quicker they can get you through. First thing in the morning is a crap shoot in terms of the bag check line. Some days we were the only ones there, other days there were folks in front of us. Again, if you are prepared and watch both sides of the line, you will get thru very quickly.

Is there a no-bag line for the monorail at the Poly?

Is there a no-bag line for the monorail at the Poly?

From my experience last week, you can bypass the bag line but it's not necessarily all that obvious that you can. The two bag check tables sort of take up the full space and with both tables and people in line, it's a bit confusing as to what you should do if you are bag less. I would walk to the side and indicate to the guard that we didn't have bags, and they'd wave us right through to the metal detector.

I never found the line particularly busy at all, even during 'high traffic' times like the mornings.

Side comment, this is absolutely the best thing to happen to Poly (or any monorail resort) in years... it makes getting to the MK SO EASY, particularly rope drop. I used to stress about timing RD just perfectly. Now with the new security and MK RD proedures, it's an absolute breeze! No stress!

Depending on how many in your party, how you linger at the table etc, will play part in determining when you LEAVE for MK. Last week, DH and I enjoyed bkfst at Kona Cafe at 7:30 am twice and headed to MK immediately after both times. On both days, we were walking into MK by 8:45. Bag check at Poly monorail is very smooth. Have ALL the zippers in your bag open and be aware to use BOTH sides of the bag check line, empty any pockets, etc. the more prepared you are, the quicker they can get you through. First thing in the morning is a crap shoot in terms of the bag check line. Some days we were the only ones there, other days there were folks in front of us. Again, if you are prepared and watch both sides of the line, you will get thru very quickly.

Yes, Captain Cook's is open 24 hours and food is fine. Even if the line gets backed up, they move along very quickly.

Even the best laid plans always have a quirk soooooo, my advice is don't rush! Relax and enjoy the ride!

Thanks for the info, its just three of us and not really that concerned about rope drop but did want to get into MK earlier with a chance to look around Main Street before going in and doing a couple of rides before our fast passes kick in. Seeing as we have several great ADR that day I think Capt. Cooks might be the way for us to go.

Thanks for the info, its just three of us and not really that concerned about rope drop but did want to get into MK earlier with a chance to look around Main Street before going in and doing a couple of rides before our fast passes kick in. Seeing as we have several great ADR that day I think Capt. Cooks might be the way for us to go.

Do make time for a Kona Cafe breakfast, if you can. It's a real treat! ;)

I agree! :goodvibes

DH and I just returned from a LOVELY stay at the Poly celebrating our 30th wedding Anniversary! When we come off of cloud nine :cloud9: we'll post a mini trip report.

:flower1:

Glad you had a great anniversary trip and enjoyed the Poly! Can't wait to hear all about your trip :).

If you choose to take the boat to MK, your bag check will be there, I assume?

So excited! We booked a studio for five nights at the beginning of February. This will be my second time staying at the Poly, but everyone else's first and our first time as DVC owners. We're hoping to bring my cousins along as well, since they've never been to Disney. It would be 5 of us in a studio but as they're pretty large I think we can make it work. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter