Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good I'm glad the Oasis pool is open until 11:00
And if I'm not mistaken from last year, you don't get kicked out of the oasis pool. If you scanned it, and it let you, you got in. We got booted from the lava pool and couldn't scan into oasis. Yet plenty of people we in there from earlier enjoying the night away.

Not to self. Plan early!

Anyone who is there now that can report on the bird situation at The Captain Cooks patio and the boat dock? Apparently the birds are nesting and have been attacking. CM's have been posted to warn guests, just wondering how accurate the posts on FB are. There is a picture of the CM's so something is going on.

Anyone who is there now that can report on the bird situation at The Captain Cooks patio and the boat dock? Apparently the birds are nesting and have been attacking. CM's have been posted to warn guests, just wondering how accurate the posts on FB are. There is a picture of the CM's so something is going on.

I didn't experience any but this sign made me laugh every time I saw it...

Poly Bird Sign.jpeg

I didn't experience any but this sign made me laugh every time I saw it...

View attachment 237508

Ah, nesting birds. About this time a couple of years ago I walked to/from work (Chicago) and would cross the bridge on North Ave that went over the Chicago river. There was this bird that would swoop down and peck people on the head as they'd walk by.
The first time it happened to me, I wasn't even sure what happened! So then I turned around and watched people surprise attacked, their arms flailing and yelling, it was that bird! ...sounds scary but it was hysterical! :rotfl: It lasted a few weeks, I just walked with an umbrella over my head across the bridge. People learned - others had umbrellas, hoods, plastic bags...

Here now and I did see some baby ducks around guests' feet on the patio, but nothing too aggressive.

We will be staying at the Poly for the first time in a standard DVC studio. Are there any room requests we should add? We aren't too picky...like to be close to transportation if possible. But I know nothing about the layout! Any recommendations??
We may be the in the minority, but we love Moorea - have not stayed since it turned DVC (will be there next month!) but stayed several times when it was Tahiti :) I don't really consider any long house a long walk from anything else, but Moorea also puts us close to the path to TTC which we walk to and take monorail to Epcot. I think it could be a little quieter than those that are around the pools. We also generally request ground floor - because the kiddos like the ability to open the slider and walk out to the grass to play (with exception of a few rooms that are blocked off by bushes.)

Ah, nesting birds. About this time a couple of years ago I walked to/from work (Chicago) and would cross the bridge on North Ave that went over the Chicago river. There was this bird that would swoop down and peck people on the head as they'd walk by.
The first time it happened to me, I wasn't even sure what happened! So then I turned around and watched people surprise attacked, their arms flailing and yelling, it was that bird! ...sounds scary but it was hysterical! :rotfl: It lasted a few weeks, I just walked with an umbrella over my head across the bridge. People learned - others had umbrellas, hoods, plastic bags...
Now that's funny especially since we live there! I guess these birds draw blood?? But they are mostly by the boat dock and Captain Cooks which isn't somewhere we usually are.

Here now and I did see some baby ducks around guests' feet on the patio, but nothing too aggressive.
I saw their photo, super cute I guess they moved mama but she really likes the Polynesian.

Last edited:
Now that's funny especially since we live there! I guess these birds draw blood?? But they are mostly by the boat dock and Captain Cooks which isn't somewhere we usually are.
I have had a robin attacking me to protect her babies lol. She never hurt me but swooped down toward my head.

We are staying from 12/21-12/30. I've been reading through the thread to glean as much information as possible. We're BC vets but are switching to the Poly this year for the first time. Thanks to all the Poly vets here who help so much with their knowledge and thanks to the other noobs for asking questions I haven't even thought of!

I saw their photo, super cute I guess they moved mama but she really likes the Polynesian.

Lol I hope "mama" finds a different resort before we come next year. We visited the Poly for a tour last winter and the Oasis pool was "swimming" with ducks. :mad: They are not my favorite.

Lol I hope "mama" finds a different resort before we come next year. We visited the Poly for a tour last winter and the Oasis pool was "swimming" with ducks. :mad: They are not my favorite.
There were ducks in the lava pool when we were there 3 years ago. I love ducks but do not want duck poop in the pool yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter