Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any tips on what to request? We have a DVC studio standard view. It will be DH, myself and DD who is 2. Not sure what to request or if I should just leave it to chance.
We have a standard studio booked (in just 32 days...SQUEEEEEEE!!!) and we're just leaving it to chance. We kinda love playing room roulette. It's exciting! And oddly our very favorite room was a ground floor standard view at BLT. Whodathunkit? Our only request at the Poly is adjoining rooms or at least nearby LOL with my parents room.

johnsonet -- Thank you for posting your wonderful pictures.
We check in this Sunday and I am so excited I think I'll burst!

My DD's boyfriend is joining us on this trip and it will be his first stay at the Poly. He came with us in 2014 too but we stayed at the Grand Floridian due to all the work being done at the Poly. He & my DD ate at Kona Cafe during that trip and it was his favorite meal. I'm anxious to get his opinion on staying at the Poly vs the Grand.

johnsonet -- Thank you for posting your wonderful pictures.
We check in this Sunday and I am so excited I think I'll burst!

My DD's boyfriend is joining us on this trip and it will be his first stay at the Poly. He came with us in 2014 too but we stayed at the Grand Floridian due to all the work being done at the Poly. He & my DD ate at Kona Cafe during that trip and it was his favorite meal. I'm anxious to get his opinion on staying at the Poly vs the Grand.

Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

We have a standard studio booked (in just 32 days...SQUEEEEEEE!!!) and we're just leaving it to chance. We kinda love playing room roulette. It's exciting! And oddly our very favorite room was a ground floor standard view at BLT. Whodathunkit? Our only request at the Poly is adjoining rooms or at least nearby LOL with my parents room.
We did the same. My parents are going so we requested adjoining, and 3erd floor. If we get those two, I don't care where we are.

Hi everyone! I haven't finished reading the thread yet, but I booked a Poly villa yesterday for 5 nights in February for my son's birthday. We have a 7 year old girl and he'll be turning 9 on the trip. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions! Our first trip was in May a couple of years ago for his sister's birthday, so it's his turn, :). We stayed at POR that trip and I'm so excited for a deluxe resort. After having dinner at Ohana, even my extremely frugal husband admitted that he could see the benefits of being on the monorail - and he wants Ohana for dinner every night this trip, ha! We'll be giving the kids the trip for Christmas, so any good surprising tips are welcome.

Does anyone have any tips on what to request? We have a DVC studio standard view. It will be DH, myself and DD who is 2. Not sure what to request or if I should just leave it to chance.
Tikiman suggests and most everyone else I've talked to have suggested Tokelau. If you can get on the 3rd floor facing west, you will have a partial MK view. Specifically room 3914. http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/tokelau-deluxe-studios

I stayed at the poly last April and requested it, but unfortunately did not receive my request. We ended up in Pago Pago which wasn't bad at all.

Enjoy your stay and good luck with the room request!

Hi everyone! I haven't finished reading the thread yet, but I booked a Poly villa yesterday for 5 nights in February for my son's birthday. We have a 7 year old girl and he'll be turning 9 on the trip. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions! Our first trip was in May a couple of years ago for his sister's birthday, so it's his turn, :). We stayed at POR that trip and I'm so excited for a deluxe resort. After having dinner at Ohana, even my extremely frugal husband admitted that he could see the benefits of being on the monorail - and he wants Ohana for dinner every night this trip, ha! We'll be giving the kids the trip for Christmas, so any good surprising tips are welcome.

Congrats! The Poly is an amazing resort, you're going to love it! February will be here before you know it. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Can't believe that we are staying at the poly for the first time ever in just 12 days! Is it weird to feel sad that all the planning is over?! Lol the trip always goes by so fast !

Not at all! I keep finding more to add to my trip. Lol

Fast passes, meals done, and fireworks on the terrace booked. Thought i was done...

Booked a kids tour for my daughter. Added a celebration package for the stitch breakfast. Redid some fast passes.

Thought I was done... booked a couples massage and babysitting. Searched for the perfect hawaiian shirt to complement the trip. Now I'm looking at boat rental options.

Next up a complete mapping of each day at the park. That one never sticks though... Used to work until we had a kid :)

19 more days!!

19 days until our trip!! Staying club level for the first time as well.

We are all very excited!

Have a great trip! :yay: :yay:

Can't believe that we are staying at the poly for the first time ever in just 12 days! Is it weird to feel sad that all the planning is over?! Lol the trip always goes by so fast !

You will love the Poly! Have a great time! :banana::banana:

I agree with DalmatianDad, it's not weird at all. I also get a little sad when the planning comes to an end as that's half the fun for me. But you will have a great trip and once that's over, you could start thinking of the next one :goodvibes.

Not at all! I keep finding more to add to my trip. Lol

Fast passes, meals done, and fireworks on the terrace booked. Thought i was done...

Booked a kids tour for my daughter. Added a celebration package for the stitch breakfast. Redid some fast passes.

Thought I was done... booked a couples massage and babysitting. Searched for the perfect hawaiian shirt to complement the trip. Now I'm looking at boat rental options.

Next up a complete mapping of each day at the park. That one never sticks though... Used to work until we had a kid :)

19 more days!!

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned! Hope you will post a review when you return :wizard:.

Dont feel sad you could be us we wont be able to go to Disney until next July :sad:

It seems a long way off, but it will be here before you know it ;).

Is t the 18% a gratuity already?

Regarding the Twilight Feast (Ohana room service), I saved my receipt from our trip last month but I can't locate it right now. It has the exact itemization so I'm hoping I can find it. However, I have the total amount that was charged to our credit card which should help in computing the breakdown -- $102.80 and it was for 2 portions -- I'm thinking maybe 2 adults, though we considered ordering for one adult and one child portion. We tipped cash, so that 102.80 is the amount they charged us. Let me keep looking for my receipt... For the person who asked, we did make substitutions with no problems.

Last edited:
So excited...in June booked a Studio Villa for our trip in October. Started to get nervous about the pull-down bed, and called yesterday - was able to get a regular room. Going with my sons who will be turning 24 and the magical 21 on 10/5 (yes same day 3 years apart!). Now I don't have to worry about either of them on the bed but the room looked wonderful.

Beyond celebrating my boys birthdays, we are celebrating where we have come in a year. We check in on 9/30 (a year before I was let go of my job), on 10/2 we will look back to a year before where a tree totaled my car (parked in driveway - due to hurricane winds) and my son almost died in my arms that night (not tree related).

The kids have never been to Poly as we usually stay at POP and love it there, so they have no idea how incredible the resort is. I stayed there when the suites were reasonable in my youth. So this trip will be celebrations in many forms, and memories of my childhood.

I cannot WAIT for the POLY! Was thinking either Fiji or Tuvalu rooms - any suggestions?

Also the cabanas by the pool can you reserve those like you can at Typhoon? Or is it first come? Any suggestions for first day? Our flight gets in at 11:00 am and plan it to be a no-park day. We were thinking Lunch @ Capt Cooks - pool - speed racers - unpack - Disney Springs that evening. Thoughts?

OMG. I pulled the trigger today to split our stay in October and booked a Theme Park view room at the Poly. CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT :)

I have done ZERO research on Poly, as we never thought it would be available, so am going in blind here. Any suggestions as to what I should include on my room request? Would a theme park view allow us to see Wishes? Any recommendations on building? I feel like the Dis rookie right now, starting from square one.

OMG. I pulled the trigger today to split our stay in October and booked a Theme Park view room at the Poly. CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT :)

I have done ZERO research on Poly, as we never thought it would be available, so am going in blind here. Any suggestions as to what I should include on my room request? Would a theme park view allow us to see Wishes? Any recommendations on building? I feel like the Dis rookie right now, starting from square one.

yes, you'll be able to see wishes! there are TPV (non club level) in tuvalu & aoetera. we were in 3rd floor tuvalu and loved it - there's nothing in front of you but water.

3411_4.JPG

yes, you'll be able to see wishes! there are TPV (non club level) in tuvalu & aoetera. we were in 3rd floor tuvalu and loved it - there's nothing in front of you but water.

3411_4.JPG
Thank you! I had everything for this trip dialed in (at least as far as WDW scheduling would allow me) and this was a last minute change that I hadn't planned for. Great info, I appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter