Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the poly because I LOVE the rooms ( the club level rooms are my all time favorite kind of room they are so luxury ) and I LOVE the dole whips and the new volcano pool is AWESOME. So I hope you know what to expect of the poly bye!!!!!!

yes, you'll be able to see wishes! there are TPV (non club level) in tuvalu & aoetera. we were in 3rd floor tuvalu and loved it - there's nothing in front of you but water.

3411_4.JPG

I wish this was my view right now! Beautiful!

Aloha!:flower1:
My boyfriend and I are checking in for our very first Poly stay this January (160 days :rolleyes1). It will also be our first deluxe stay. We are renting DVC points and were able to secure 6 days from January 16th-21st, 2017. Just wanted to share my excitement for finally booking our dream resort and also ask for any/all info you all are willing to give! We have a standard view deluxe studio booked, which of the 3 DVC buildings should I request? This is also our first time going to WDW in mid-january, as we are usually early fall travelers. Anything we should know?

TIA, we are so excited for our stay at this beautiful resort :goodvibes

We are also booked for Poly DVC and actually our trips overlap as we will be there Jan 11-18th.. I put in the room request for Tokelau West facing high floor -- hoping for 3rd floor because I read that 2nd floor doesn't have a balcony... I also have standard view booked. Just an FYI we traveled last January same week and it was cold atleast 3-4 days (Florida cold) out of the week, for us New Englanders we wore shorts and tees so it cracks me up to see people in the parks with scarves/gloves/etc! Last Jan we stayed at POFQ and AK Kidani (dvc) with a split stay. We did swim quite a bit because even being cold the pools were heated. You will probably really like January, I know it's my favorite time to go and I have been atleast once each time of the year. The low crowds and low temps are really nice. The only downfall in my opinion is some ride closures that are usually going on but I check that just before we go because I don't want to be disappointed when I get there... Cool temps make it so much nicer to walk around the parks all day! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Is t the 18% a gratuity already?

"To place an order, press "Dining Options" on your in-room phone. An 18% gratuity, $3.00 delivery charge and 6.5% sales tax will apply to all delivery orders. A minimum order may apply."

I gave the guy who brought my chocolate-covered strawberries a couple bucks-

We are also booked for Poly DVC and actually our trips overlap as we will be there Jan 11-18th.. I put in the room request for Tokelau West facing high floor -- hoping for 3rd floor because I read that 2nd floor doesn't have a balcony... I also have standard view booked. Just an FYI we traveled last January same week and it was cold atleast 3-4 days (Florida cold) out of the week, for us New Englanders we wore shorts and tees so it cracks me up to see people in the parks with scarves/gloves/etc! Last Jan we stayed at POFQ and AK Kidani (dvc) with a split stay. We did swim quite a bit because even being cold the pools were heated. You will probably really like January, I know it's my favorite time to go and I have been atleast once each time of the year. The low crowds and low temps are really nice. The only downfall in my opinion is some ride closures that are usually going on but I check that just before we go because I don't want to be disappointed when I get there... Cool temps make it so much nicer to walk around the parks all day! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Just wanted to let you know all of the DVC longhouses have balconies on the third AND second floors. It's the other non-DVC resort longhouses that don't have second floor balconies. Hope you have a great trip!

I like the poly because I LOVE the rooms ( the club level rooms are my all time favorite kind of room they are so luxury ) and I LOVE the dole whips and the new volcano pool is AWESOME. So I hope you know what to expect of the poly bye!!!!!!

That Club Level view has to be one of the best! And, the rooms are nice and big with great theming. Where do you like to eat there, @mateojr? I love the Kona Kone, have you had one? It has cotton candy!

I know the club level view is the best right. And the rooms are nice I love them so much. And my favorite food there is a DOLE WHIP!!!! and I have not tried the Kona Kone what is it?

I definitely think that we'll request Tokelau as well. And I was worried about the balcony situation too! But as a pp said, all DVC rooms have balconies so that's one less thing to worry about. We are from New England as well! I sort of figured we'd be more than okay with the temps. My boyfriend made sure that the pools were heated and plans on swimming at least once a day :sad2:
Hopefully we both have good weather and not too many ride closures!!!

So excited...in June booked a Studio Villa for our trip in October. Started to get nervous about the pull-down bed, and called yesterday - was able to get a regular room. Going with my sons who will be turning 24 and the magical 21 on 10/5 (yes same day 3 years apart!). Now I don't have to worry about either of them on the bed but the room looked wonderful.

Beyond celebrating my boys birthdays, we are celebrating where we have come in a year. We check in on 9/30 (a year before I was let go of my job), on 10/2 we will look back to a year before where a tree totaled my car (parked in driveway - due to hurricane winds) and my son almost died in my arms that night (not tree related).

The kids have never been to Poly as we usually stay at POP and love it there, so they have no idea how incredible the resort is. I stayed there when the suites were reasonable in my youth. So this trip will be celebrations in many forms, and memories of my childhood.

I cannot WAIT for the POLY! Was thinking either Fiji or Tuvalu rooms - any suggestions?

Also the cabanas by the pool can you reserve those like you can at Typhoon? Or is it first come? Any suggestions for first day? Our flight gets in at 11:00 am and plan it to be a no-park day. We were thinking Lunch @ Capt Cooks - pool - speed racers - unpack - Disney Springs that evening. Thoughts?

Congrats on booking the Poly and for snagging a regular room. Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned with a lot to celebrate (and lots of great memories to make ::yes::).

I hope everyone has a great time and enjoys the Poly :goodvibes.

OMG. I pulled the trigger today to split our stay in October and booked a Theme Park view room at the Poly. CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT :)

I have done ZERO research on Poly, as we never thought it would be available, so am going in blind here. Any suggestions as to what I should include on my room request? Would a theme park view allow us to see Wishes? Any recommendations on building? I feel like the Dis rookie right now, starting from square one.

I can't help with TPV room suggestions, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time :wizard:.

yes, you'll be able to see wishes! there are TPV (non club level) in tuvalu & aoetera. we were in 3rd floor tuvalu and loved it - there's nothing in front of you but water.

3411_4.JPG

What a beautiful view :cloud9:.

make sure to pencil in balcony time. we ditched a lot of plans so we had time to sit and watch the boats go back and forth. ;)

I agree :thumbsup2.

Glad you love it :).

I definitely think that we'll request Tokelau as well. And I was worried about the balcony situation too! But as a pp said, all DVC rooms have balconies so that's one less thing to worry about. We are from New England as well! I sort of figured we'd be more than okay with the temps. My boyfriend made sure that the pools were heated and plans on swimming at least once a day :sad2:
Hopefully we both have good weather and not too many ride closures!!!

Hope you both have great trips in January with nice weather :wizard:.

This is probably a silly question, but if we want to send a pkg from Amazon to the resort before our arrival, which address do we send to? Do we send it with just our names on the pkg, or to concierge? Thanks!

This is probably a silly question, but if we want to send a pkg from Amazon to the resort before our arrival, which address do we send to? Do we send it with just our names on the pkg, or to concierge? Thanks!
So I sent two packages, both Amazon Prime Pantry, one made it there and one didn't! I actually think it was on the shipping end and not the Polynesian end because the package can't be tracked after it left the shipper, while the other package shows who signed for it, super frustrating. But, I put our name, Front Desk at Polynesian Village Resort, and the date we are checking in, plus the Poly's address.

We returned about 2 weeks ago but after seeing another thread, I forgot I wanted to post to see what others thoughts and experience were on using the pool when not a guest. Is it possible? I always thought not "legally" of course or at lease what I have always read by adamant posters here, but my experience a few weeks ago changed what I had believed to be disboard facts for the 10 years I have been reading here.

For all the pool bandits we seen at the Poly a few weeks ago, there were some there apparently there by Polynesian Hotel approval. There were several around us talking about being there on a day pass for guest of those staying at the hotel. I overheard guest services offer this at the front desk and at the pool several times. Several guests were telling their friends about this as if it was common knowledge these were available. I kept thinking to myself of all the years of being on the DIS all I have ever heard was pools were for Resort guests only, but apparently that is not the case. I would not have believed it if not for hearing/seeing from guest services myself because so many are adamant about pools being for paying guests only (i.e those paying to stay the night). Is this a new thing? A Poly thing? Is this supposed to be an insider secret? lol

We returned about 2 weeks ago but after seeing another thread, I forgot I wanted to post to see what others thoughts and experience were on using the pool when not a guest. Is it possible? I always thought not "legally" of course or at lease what I have always read by adamant posters here, but my experience a few weeks ago changed what I had believed to be disboard facts for the 10 years I have been reading here.

For all the pool bandits we seen at the Poly a few weeks ago, there were some there apparently there by Polynesian Hotel approval. There were several around us talking about being there on a day pass for guest of those staying at the hotel. I overheard guest services offer this at the front desk and at the pool several times. Several guests were telling their friends about this as if it was common knowledge these were available. I kept thinking to myself of all the years of being on the DIS all I have ever heard was pools were for Resort guests only, but apparently that is not the case. I would not have believed it if not for hearing/seeing from guest services myself because so many are adamant about pools being for paying guests only (i.e those paying to stay the night). Is this a new thing? A Poly thing? Is this supposed to be an insider secret? lol

It is not news to me nor an "insider secret". Then again, I am not one of the "resort guests only" folks. :) We often had visitors spend the day with us--granted they were staying at other resorts AND we were generally at the quiet (leisure) pool--but it was never a problem to check with the CL CM and get approval.

We often had visitors spend the day with us--granted they were staying at other resorts AND we were generally at the quiet (leisure) pool--but it was never a problem to check with the CL CM and get approval.

This is timely, I was just goiing to come on and ask if this was possible. My cousin is a local and wants to come spend one day with us on our trip next month. SHould I email the IPO ahead of time or will just talking about it at check in be enough? Do you have any experience adding a guest to the room for one night (still in capacity of course)? If she cant use the pool we will happily make other plans.

This is timely, I was just goiing to come on and ask if this was possible. My cousin is a local and wants to come spend one day with us on our trip next month. SHould I email the IPO ahead of time or will just talking about it at check in be enough? Do you have any experience adding a guest to the room for one night (still in capacity of course)? If she cant use the pool we will happily make other plans.

You shouldn't have a problem adding a guest for one night at the regular per night, extra person rate. That would make your guest a "resort guest" and there would be no need to have any special permission for the pools.

You shouldn't have a problem adding a guest for one night at the regular per night, extra person rate. That would make your guest a "resort guest" and there would be no need to have any special permission for the pools.

Thank you! That would be ideal.

I know the club level view is the best right. And the rooms are nice I love them so much. And my favorite food there is a DOLE WHIP!!!! and I have not tried the Kona Kone what is it?

The Kona Kone is a waffle cone filled with ice cream, Mickey sprinkles and plated with M&Ms and cotton candy. I really like cotton candy and vanilla ice cream so it's a special Disney treat for me.

Behold the beauty that is the Kona Kone, (served at Kona Café, of course):

IMG_0082_2.jpg

And, this is for @pixarmom and anyone heading soon to Poly - don't forget the fork!
IMG_0074_2.jpg

IMG_0076_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter