• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC standard studio vs. regular standard room?

I know this question is asked fairly often but for those who have stayed in both what do you prefer. Trip will be me, DH and DD(8). I am leaning towards a studio since having a balcony is my #1 priority for a room request (vacation to me is coffe on the balcony in the morning and a glass of wine out there in the evening!). The layout does look cramped though compared to normal rooms. We usually stay at the WL but with the construction there and the fact that staying at a monorail resort is my 1985 dream come true I figure it is time to try something new!!

We prefer DVC for the room layout but miss staying in Samoa. Hoping for an Oasis pool view and maybe a side view of the castle!!! DVC layout gives us an extra bathroom (sink and shower) and a kitchen area with a mini fridge, microwave, toaster, etc. The 5th sleeping spot is under the tv but so far DS17 still fits under it (almost 6 foot). Even though DVC is not centrally located it is really close to TTC and bus stop, which is wonderful after a long day!

We had to reschedule our June trip due to some health issues. It just so happened to work out that we can now go in July and thanks to a great rate from our travel agent, we are staying at the Poly instead of POR. Really looking forward to it!

I'm sorry about the health issues and having to reschedule your trip, but glad you are able to go in July and stay at the Poly! Have a great trip! :wizard:.

85 days until our first Poly stay!! Bring on the Xanax!
Please tell me some interesting things to see and do there. We were there for the luau about 4 years ago while staying at POR.

The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! The surroundings are so beautiful & relaxing that one of my favorite things to do is just walk the grounds taking in the beautiful surroundings :cloud9:.

We have stayed at the Poly 3 times and have always stayed in Tahiti. Well now it is renamed and is a DVC and not available. Where is a good place to stay for a standard room? Should I even make a room request? Are there any bad spots at the poly? We are also requesting a microwave. We will be going in July. Thanks

I agree with a pp who mentioned Samoa. We found Samoa to be great as it's just steps from both pools, the GCH, Captain Cooks, and the beach. With that said, I don't think there's a bad location as the Poly is beautiful overall :).

Three more sleeps here until we arrive!

Have a great trip! :yay:

Before DVC I've always requested Samoa pool side! This has always been our favorite because of its central location and view. I think only once in six trips we didn't get it. You don't even hear the pool noise when the patio door is shut, however we could hear the water pageant and fireworks.

I agree, we didn't hear much noise from Samoa, either. Loved the location ;).

DVC standard studio vs. regular standard room?

I know this question is asked fairly often but for those who have stayed in both what do you prefer. Trip will be me, DH and DD(8). I am leaning towards a studio since having a balcony is my #1 priority for a room request (vacation to me is coffe on the balcony in the morning and a glass of wine out there in the evening!). The layout does look cramped though compared to normal rooms. We usually stay at the WL but with the construction there and the fact that staying at a monorail resort is my 1985 dream come true I figure it is time to try something new!!

I would not consider the DVC studios cramped. The rooms were larger than the original Hotel rooms to begin with so even with adding the second bathroom the living area is about the same size as it is in the regular rooms.

Read on another board that Moorea still having problems with power and needing a generator. Can anyone confirm? checking in next week and booked lake view studio so this could affect us. Thanks!

Hi - do all studios, standard view, have a balcony or patio? (I know that some 2nd floor regular Poly rooms do not have either. Wondering if same with the DVC Poly Villa studios.)

(I know the answer should be in this thread, but I have searched and can't find it.) TIA!

Hi - do all studios, standard view, have a balcony or patio? (I know that some 2nd floor regular Poly rooms do not have either. Wondering if same with the DVC Poly Villa studios.)

(I know the answer should be in this thread, but I have searched and can't find it.) TIA!

Yes. The 2nd and 3rd floors have balconies in the buildings that have the DVC Studios.

Hi guys - I apologize if this is semi-off-topic here, but I knew this was the best place to go! I am currently doing some renovations on my condo and after staying at the Poly again in April, I have decided to make a go at turning my bathroom into the resorts! It is pretty much moving along smoothly, except I can't decide how to do the turtle/geometric wallpaper. Obviously, I can't seem to find that wallpaper. And while I have figured out a way to paint it, I would rather do a wall photo vinyl decal. SO - basically I am hoping someone here would have a good photo of one of the individual wallpaper squares that they are willing to let me use. Or could direct me to one online maybe? Then I could crop, enlarge, and have some squares printed to piece together for my section of my small wall. I have some photos of my own, but they are angled so if I crop them, the design won't look quite right. (I really wish I'd thought of this a month ago when I was there!!)

I am also in the market for the shower curtain, if anyone has seen one for sale! I keep checking ebay like a crazy person :)

It was terrific!!! We loved the room and location! The lounge was terrific (food offerings were meh). Lounge staff was hit or miss- some were helpful, others couldn't be bothered. Some CM were better than others. We loved Geoff!! He was beyond helpful and was very thoughtful (3 of 4 of us had the stomach flu on this trip- and we spent a lot of time with concierge cancelling reservations). Not to be pointed but, Tim was not helpful and was very rude and seemed bothered by his job. Housekeeping was friendly and attentive. Otherwise, we loved the Poly, the grounds, Ohana was fantastic!!! Enjoy your stay- I'm ready to go back!!

We had the same thing with Tim. I just don't understand why CMs could be rude for no reason. My DD had her pocketbook taken (stolen) out of the CL lounge and when we went to report it - Tim was so rude. At this point we didn't think that it was stolen - we just thought someone found it and it was being stored somewhere. He couldn't be bothered helping us. He told us to go to the main customer service/lost and found in the lobby of the hotel. I just kept asking if he could check around and he said no. One other CM heard him and offered to call for us. She was very sweet - I can't remember her name. We never got my DDs pocketbook back. Not thrilled with the Poly CMs. They were very hit or miss. We did love Irv. So so nice. We are trying it again this summer since we too love the grounds. We will see.

We had the same thing with Tim. I just don't understand why CMs could be rude for no reason. My DD had her pocketbook taken (stolen) out of the CL lounge and when we went to report it - Tim was so rude. At this point we didn't think that it was stolen - we just thought someone found it and it was being stored somewhere. He couldn't be bothered helping us. He told us to go to the main customer service/lost and found in the lobby of the hotel. I just kept asking if he could check around and he said no. One other CM heard him and offered to call for us. She was very sweet - I can't remember her name. We never got my DDs pocketbook back. Not thrilled with the Poly CMs. They were very hit or miss. We did love Irv. So so nice. We are trying it again this summer since we too love the grounds. We will see.

For those of you who were so unhappy with Tim, did you leave any feedback..? I mean, if he isn't helping guests then what does he do? :/

For those of you who were so unhappy with Tim, did you leave any feedback..? I mean, if he isn't helping guests then what does he do? :/

I did. I actually wrote a letter and to the Poly Management and an email to guest relations. I didn't get a response from the Poly management. I was very disappointed.

I'm giving the Poly another try, but last September when we stayed, I encountered several rude CMs. One of them, as my daughter pointed to the beach and said "look mommy, a wedding!" commented to her, "yeah, between a man and a WOMAN"....I found it horribly offensive and rude. Hopefully it'll be better this time around, as we do love the resort.

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they gave feedback and management will do something before my first trip there in Nov.

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they gave feedback and management will do something before my first trip there in Nov.

Well evidently not - since I wrote my letter a year ago and people are still complaining about him now. I understand people can have an off day but when you hear certain names over and over again - it is not just an off day. We just didn't go to him if we needed anything after that.

Is there a height limit for the keiki slide (the kids splash pad slide)? Is there a height minimum for the big slide at the main pool? I read the first couple pages and couldn't find anything. Can kids wear life jackets on the bug slide? Thanks for your help! (We've only ever stayed at CBR and wanting to try a new resort!)

Is there a height limit for the keiki slide (the kids splash pad slide)? Is there a height minimum for the big slide at the main pool? I read the first couple pages and couldn't find anything. Can kids wear life jackets on the bug slide? Thanks for your help! (We've only ever stayed at CBR and wanting to try a new resort!)
Officially, the splash pad is under 48". They can be lax if it is a well-behaved older child playing with a sibling.

I wouldn't send a kid who isn't taller than the landing water down the main slide; they will NOT let two people go down together.

Officially, the splash pad is under 48". They can be lax if it is a well-behaved older child playing with a sibling.

I wouldn't send a kid who isn't taller than the landing water down the main slide; they will NOT let two people go down together.

Thanks!! My son is 47 inches right now (5 years old) and we are thinking of going June 2017. (we just got back on Sunday and yup I'm already planning the next trip! hehehe) So he will totally be too tall for the splash pad next year. But he should be fine for the bigger slide (he did the big slide at CBR like 50 times but he wore a life jacket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter