• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back and didn't have any problems with the monorail. One morning we walked to the TTC to catch the monorail to EPCOT but it wasn't running (this was at 8 am and it was scheduled to start at 9am). But they had a bus stop for EPCOT which they directed us to, and it arrived in less than 5 minutes

The construction was no problem what so ever. They were working on the GCH but didn't bother us, and 1 of the long houses. All of the walk ways were open and not confusing to get around the resort (it was hard to walk around in march, but much easier now).

And Trader Sam's is amazing!!!

This is what I was hoping to read!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

I can't wait to visit Trader Sams :love:

Thanks for your positive report!
I was worried that the ( seemingly never ending) construction and shortened monorail hours would make our trip less "magical". Good to know it was not an issue and it sounds like you had a fantastic trip!
i can't wait to go to Trader Sams, did you have a long wait before you got to go in?

The first time we went we checked in at 9:30pm and let in around 10pm. It was awkward due to being open seating, there was a spot at the bar that we were able to stand at.

The other two times we arrived around 3pm and waiting in the line that forms outside. Around 3:45 they come around and stamp peoples hands and get a head count. if you do this, be near the front, you will have a better choice of seats. The people who were right at the cutoff of capacity had to wait about an hour.

Favorite beverage: the HippopotoMai-Tai

Good Morning Poly Lovers!!! Can somebody update me on the monorail situation, and if they had problems with it while staying there? I would be looking at September time frame. Also, is the construction zone spread out all over the resort? I so LOVE the Poly, and I'm having a very hard time trying to choose between that and BC for our 25th Anniversary

It was closed most of the morning of our last trip. Both, even the one to Epcot. They did have buses to Epcot and MK but it was still annoying because we had an 8:05 at BOG and I was worried we wouldn't get there in time. Thankfully it all worked out.

We just got back and didn't have any problems with the monorail. One morning we walked to the TTC to catch the monorail to EPCOT but it wasn't running (this was at 8 am and it was scheduled to start at 9am). But they had a bus stop for EPCOT which they directed us to, and it arrived in less than 5 minutes

The construction was no problem what so ever. They were working on the GCH but didn't bother us, and 1 of the long houses. All of the walk ways were open and not confusing to get around the resort (it was hard to walk around in march, but much easier now).

And Trader Sam's is amazing!!!
Thank you so so so MUCH!!!! I wanted to read an update with happy news!!!! I'm looking forward to staying there now as it is my first time !!!!
:stitch::simba::tinker::maleficen:tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald::stitch2::hmghost::ccat:

If you guys are that excited, how would you react when I told you I am ELEVEN DAYS OUT UNTIL THE POLY!!!!!
Woohoo!
Nineteen days to go and we will be in DISNEY WORLD!!!
No better feeling than walking towards the Poly entrance and you are silently (hopefully silently;)) screaming "I'm at the Polynesian and I'm really staying here"!! :dance3:
LSpell619, did you get all your dining reservations and fast passes that you wanted? Hopefully you are all set and all you have to worry about is packing! Have a great trip!

Woohoo!
Nineteen days to go and we will be in DISNEY WORLD!!!
No better feeling than walking towards the Poly entrance and you are silently (hopefully silently;)) screaming "I'm at the Polynesian and I'm really staying here"!! :dance3:
LSpell619, did you get all your dining reservations and fast passes that you wanted? Hopefully you are all set and all you have to worry about is packing! Have a great trip!
You'll be there so soon! Can't wait to read of your adventures!!!
party: :jumping1: party:

The monorail will be on a limited schedule all summer and there are paths closed at the resort currently as well as construction from the west side to the east side. More is planned for the rest of the year.

The monorail will be on a limited schedule all summer and there are paths closed at the resort currently as well as construction from the west side to the east side. More is planned for the rest of the year.

I've read the construction goes through July. Will it go through Labor Day?

Also what's the best way to get to MK or Epcot for RD if the monorail is on limited schedule??

We have a 725 Chef Mickey's ADR one morning and BBB at 8:15 another morning. What would be the best way to get there if the monorail isn't running that early?

I've read the construction goes through July. Will it go through Labor Day?

I can't share details about specific projects but the permits are public knowledge that indicate projects all over the resort and Disney has sent out letters that indicate construction until early 2016.

Time2disney: thank you for the monorail update link! It doesn't look as bad as I thought! We don't plan to Rope Drop on any of our days anyway !!

Reactions: vcb
Tikiman: the monorail seems ok, but the "unknown" constructure might be scary!!!.

Hope they fill us in soon!!

I can't share details about specific projects but the permits are public knowledge that indicate projects all over the resort and Disney has sent out letters that indicate construction until early 2016.

I'm sorry I meant to state that I read the monorail will be on shortened hours through July. I was wondering is it through the entire summer or through July like I read??

I did receive the construction letter saying through 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter