Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
About seven months until my first Poly stay, sent the ADR list off to the TA yesterday as I will be away when my 180 opens on 6/2.

Is there a beach with chairs and/or hammocks in front of Moorea? Can you see Wishes from there? I'm thinking not from what I hear about the bungalows' location. So what other areas can you watch Wishes? We're staying GV deluxe studio. Thanks in advance!

Rose and Crown at Epcot (and the Fish Shop next door for CS - can't think of the actual name of it right now) have awesome fish and chips too :-)
Yorkshire Country Fish House :-). Yes, they do Koh. But if you're on the ddp it has the worst dessert option! A cookie? Lol. Good thing I'm rarely on the DDP! I may grab a lunch here in August, since my fav CS (Mexico) has changed the menu, just this year. Ugh. My fav, Carne Asada taco is off the menu :-(

Yorkshire Country Fish House :-). Yes, they do Koh. But if you're on the ddp it has the worst dessert option! A cookie? Lol. Good thing I'm rarely on the DDP! I may grab a lunch here in August, since my fav CS (Mexico) has changed the menu, just this year. Ugh. My fav, Carne Asada taco is off the menu :-(
Bummer about the Carne Asada, we used to make that quite often in San Diego that and grilled swordfish. I hope you find something you like just as much! :D

Bummer about the Carne Asada, we used to make that quite often in San Diego that and grilled swordfish. I hope you find something you like just as much! :D
Love Asada! My daughter is happy though, they still have her cheese empanadas on the menu! I also like the Mexico CS at lunch because you can bring your meal inside the attached TS and sit in the AC. Very nice in August!

Good Morning Poly Lovers!!! Can somebody update me on the monorail situation, and if they had problems with it while staying there? I would be looking at September time frame. Also, is the construction zone spread out all over the resort? I so LOVE the Poly, and I'm having a very hard time trying to choose between that and BC for our 25th Anniversary

Good Morning Poly Lovers!!! Can somebody update me on the monorail situation, and if they had problems with it while staying there? I would be looking at September time frame. Also, is the construction zone spread out all over the resort? I so LOVE the Poly, and I'm having a very hard time trying to choose between that and BC for our 25th Anniversary
You read my mind! I would like to know this too. We will be there in 39 days!!!! :rotfl::cheer2::banana::bounce::jumping2::dance3::beach::cool1:

I am trying to decide if we should book the earlier Spirit of Aloha show. We will be at Blizzard Beach that morning, so I am not sure there will be enough time inbetween. Has anyone recently taken the bus from Poly to BB? Just wondering how long it would take us to get back to Poly. I am pretty sure we would be done at BB by 2 or 3 and first show seating is 5:15. Should I figure about an hour travel time bus stop to bus stop?!

We just got back and didn't have any problems with the monorail. One morning we walked to the TTC to catch the monorail to EPCOT but it wasn't running (this was at 8 am and it was scheduled to start at 9am). But they had a bus stop for EPCOT which they directed us to, and it arrived in less than 5 minutes

The construction was no problem what so ever. They were working on the GCH but didn't bother us, and 1 of the long houses. All of the walk ways were open and not confusing to get around the resort (it was hard to walk around in march, but much easier now).

And Trader Sam's is amazing!!!

We just got back and didn't have any problems with the monorail. One morning we walked to the TTC to catch the monorail to EPCOT but it wasn't running (this was at 8 am and it was scheduled to start at 9am). But they had a bus stop for EPCOT which they directed us to, and it arrived in less than 5 minutes

The construction was no problem what so ever. They were working on the GCH but didn't bother us, and 1 of the long houses. All of the walk ways were open and not confusing to get around the resort (it was hard to walk around in march, but much easier now).

And Trader Sam's is amazing!!!
Thanks for your positive report!
I was worried that the ( seemingly never ending) construction and shortened monorail hours would make our trip less "magical". Good to know it was not an issue and it sounds like you had a fantastic trip!
i can't wait to go to Trader Sams, did you have a long wait before you got to go in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter