• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I gave them the info. in Jan. for our June trip.
For our April trip, I gave the info. 6 months in advance.

I know I can use the Magical Express bus & tags aren't needed. BUT my sil had this same issue & then her bags didn't get delivered to her room for over 24 hrs. I would prefer to get the Magical Express packet in the mail & use the yellow tags.
Wow, my experience with not having yellow tags is totally opposite. I realize every experience is different but my bags make it to the room faster without them. On 2 trips we had a mix, bags with and bags without yellow tags. Every time the bags without yellow tags were dropped off about an hour before the bags with them

But if you are worried, call back. Just because you gave it to them once doesn't mean they have it now.
Or better yet, fill out the info online yourself. This is what I do, provided I plan the trip far enough in advance to even get them. We've had some last minute trips this year, hence not having tags

Wow, my experience with not having yellow tags is totally opposite. I realize every experience is different but my bags make it to the room faster without them. On 2 trips we had a mix, bags with and bags without yellow tags. Every time the bags without yellow tags were dropped off about an hour before the bags with them

But if you are worried, call back. Just because you gave it to them once doesn't mean they have it now.
Or better yet, fill out the info online yourself. This is what I do, provided I plan the trip far enough in advance to even get them. We've had some last minute trips this year, hence not having tags

Thank you for your response. It makes me feel better. After my sil's issue, I was afraid to send bags without yellow tags, so in April we went to baggage claim at MCO & then over to Magical Express. Maybe what happened to her was a fluke. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Does anyone have any knowledge of how those yellow-tagged checked bags are handled? More specifically, how long/much will they be exposed to the elements once the Disney contractors get hold of them? I want to know because I would like to pack some snacks (ie: cans of nuts, chocolates, candies, etc.) in the checked bags instead of carry-on. With our arrival at around noon (in late June), the heat will probably be nearly in full force outdoors and if those bags are left out in the heat for an extended period of time before delivery to the room, I might reconsider even if they are not easily perishable. TIA.

LAX

Does anyone have any knowledge of how those yellow-tagged checked bags are handled? More specifically, how long/much will they be exposed to the elements once the Disney contractors get hold of them? I want to know because I would like to pack some snacks (ie: cans of nuts, chocolates, candies, etc.) in the checked bags instead of carry-on. With our arrival at around noon (in late June), the heat will probably be nearly in full force outdoors and if those bags are left out in the heat for an extended period of time before delivery to the room, I might reconsider even if they are not easily perishable. TIA.

LAX
Well, if there were to be a thunderstorm while bags were being off-loaded, then the bags could be left outside until the storm passed!! I've received very wet bags on occasion. As far as heat goes, the bags shouldn't be outside in the sun for very long. But...if it were me? I would pack anything that could even possibly melt in my carry on bags!!
Then, once the bags get to your resort, they should be taken off the truck and put into storage fairly quickly. But, again....a bag could be left in the heat for a bit. Even 5 mins in the June midday sun could start things melting!! If you put that stuff in a checked bag, please be sure to bag them, just in case there is any melting.

We received our luggage tags, but only received on per person (my DH and I are both bringing 2 bags each). does it make more sense to claim all 4 bags ourselves, or only claim one bag each and have them deliver the other one? we leave Friday morning so getting another set isn't a possibility.

thanks,

We received our luggage tags, but only received on per person (my DH and I are both bringing 2 bags each). does it make more sense to claim all 4 bags ourselves, or only claim one bag each and have them deliver the other one? we leave Friday morning so getting another set isn't a possibility.

thanks,
Depends on your arrival time. If it was me, and I was arriving before 5pm, I would tag two bags. Then I would give DME CMs the baggage claim receipts for the remaining bags...make sure they get the correct ones tho!! They will send someone to get the bags at baggage claim and have them delivered to your room.
If you don't want to do that, I would tag two bags and then go to baggage claim and get the two untagged bags. Waiting for two bags is much faster than waiting for four bags!!

thanks,
They always send 1 per person and we most often have 2 bags each so we go through this a lot.
I always let ME get all the bags, I just give the staff at check in the tags for the bags that didn't have yellow tags.
Believe it or not, most often, those bags arrive before the ones with yellow tags do.
I'm sure it's a fluke and next time, they'll arrive later.

They always send 1 per person and we most often have 2 bags each so we go through this a lot.
I always let ME get all the bags, I just give the staff at check in the tags for the bags that didn't have yellow tags.
Believe it or not, most often, those bags arrive before the ones with yellow tags do.
We're flying SW down over Labor Day weekend. My dd is starting the DCP, so will have bags full of 'stuff'!!! We'll be using the 2 free bags pp to the max, I'm sure. I just can't decide if it's better to call DME and have them send 3 more tags, or to just go to DME and give them baggage claim receipts. Looks like it's just as easy to do what you've done.

Depends on your arrival time. If it was me, and I was arriving before 5pm, I would tag two bags. Then I would give DME CMs the baggage claim receipts for the remaining bags...make sure they get the correct ones tho!! They will send someone to get the bags at baggage claim and have them delivered to your room.
If you don't want to do that, I would tag two bags and then go to baggage claim and get the two untagged bags. Waiting for two bags is much faster than waiting for four bags!!

Thanks for the advice! We land just before 5pm (hooray for traveling from the West Coast) and with my recent shoulder injury I think we'll just let them grab them all. Easier for me not to try and pull suitcases.

Thank you!!! I think this is what we will end up doing. Seems easier to have them get them all, and saves me from having to do much in the way of pulling luggage.

I was very surprised to check my mail this weekend and find my magical express yellow tags for my trip in September. We've always received them about 35 days before the trip, this time it was 90 days early! It did make me very excited for the upcoming trip.

We're flying SW down over Labor Day weekend. My dd is starting the DCP, so will have bags full of 'stuff'!!! We'll be using the 2 free bags pp to the max, I'm sure. I just can't decide if it's better to call DME and have them send 3 more tags, or to just go to DME and give them baggage claim receipts. Looks like it's just as easy to do what you've done.

We have always called and requested extra. No problem. I feel like it minimized your responsibility at MCO. No need to worry about showing claim tags. Every time we have done this, Disney has never had an issue sending more.

I'm sure you all know the answer to this: I have a reservation at POFQ checking in on Sunday--but am planning to fly to Orlando on the Friday before and stay off-site for two nights. (Flight gets in super late on Friday). Can I utilize DME for my luggage only and have it stay at the resort until I get there Sunday? (I am renting a car.) thanks!

I'm sure you all know the answer to this: I have a reservation at POFQ checking in on Sunday--but am planning to fly to Orlando on the Friday before and stay off-site for two nights. (Flight gets in super late on Friday). Can I utilize DME for my luggage only and have it stay at the resort until I get there Sunday? (I am renting a car.) thanks!

Nope.

Guess I'll ship it then . . . .. . .thanks for the response!

Our flight is scheduled to land around 9:30pm and I know luggage service is for scheduled flights prior to 10pm. If our flight is delayed and we don't arrive until after 10pm, will we still get our luggage that night? How exact is the 10pm cut-off?

Our flight is scheduled to land around 9:30pm and I know luggage service is for scheduled flights prior to 10pm. If our flight is delayed and we don't arrive until after 10pm, will we still get our luggage that night? How exact is the 10pm cut-off?
I think it's pretty close to exact. The issue is the personnel that work to pull bags shift ends at 10:00. If your flight isn't at the terminal prior to 10:00 I would not expect them to grab the bags.
Now, that doesn't mean they bags will be abandoned at the airport. It means they will sit there till the service resumes the next morning. Then they'll get them and bring them to the resort.
So, if you are comfortable with that scenario then use the yellow tags. Personally, what I would do in your situation is skip using them. If you land closer to 10:00 then I'd go to baggage claim and get the bags myself (if I didn't want them waiting overnight). If you are closer to 9:30 (on Southwest we often land 10 min early) then you can always give the ME CM your claim checks and they'll have someone grab them from the baggage claim and deliver them to the resort just like those with a yellow tag. Though do know it would be in the wee hours of the morning before they get to the resort. You can opt to ask them to hold the bags till morning or have them bring them on, I guess which depends on if you plan to be asleep or not.

No, your bags won't get touched after 10pm...the DME baggage people stop work right at 10!
If I'm arriving later than 6pm, I seldom tag my bags. I just go to baggage claim and get them. The only time I tag them that late is if I'm heading to a park..usually MK..that closes later. Then, the bags are in my room when I get back, and I don't mind putting stuff away since I'm still awake!

Is it possible to use Magical Express to get to the airport, for a flight the next am? Because of an early flight, we were hoping to check out of our resort, visit the park, then take the Magical Express to the airport, stay at the airport Hyatt, then fly out in the early am. We would like to have our suitcases with us for the airport stay.
I assume we wouldn't want yellow tags, but is this allowed (taking the Magical Express to the airport the evening before our flight home)?
Thank you

Is it possible to use Magical Express to get to the airport, for a flight the next am? Because of an early flight, we were hoping to check out of our resort, visit the park, then take the Magical Express to the airport, stay at the airport Hyatt, then fly out in the early am. We would like to have our suitcases with us for the airport stay.
I assume we wouldn't want yellow tags, but is this allowed (taking the Magical Express to the airport the evening before our flight home)?
Thank you

That's not a problem, but the yellow tags don't figure into it at all - they're only needed for arrival, not departure.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in these 110 pages - but that's a lot to read through!

So we're arriving in Orlando and staying with relatives to enjoy the beach for about 4 days before we start our WDW vacation. We love using DME and feel it's part of the vacation experience when traveling to WDW so we are going to go back to the airport after staying offsite to return our rental car and utilize DME to get to the resort, however, we're confused about what happens with our luggage since we haven't done this before.

Do we have to take our luggage ourselves to the DME bus or can we hand off the luggage tagged with yellow tags somewhere in the airport to get to the resort and show up in our rooms later? One of the things we love is not having to worry about our luggage because of DME, but I don't know if we'd still get this perk if we are handling the luggage ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter