Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I would classify this as a once in a lifetime pixie dust upgrade. The suite is absolutely gorgeous. Your new best friend is the nicest guy ever. :)

We enjoyed our time at the GF, too. We enjoyed meeting so many new DIS friends like you. :)
Yes, it was so nice to meet you too!

For sure, once in a lifetime. I still pinch myself! Lol We will never forget it, without a doubt.

And yes, our new best friend is once of the nicest, most generous people I have ever met!

I'll second that! What a treat, and wow, that suite....I was glad to get to see it~ still have the picture of that mural on my phone.
MommyMouse143, I would always treasure that stay as well. :lovestruc What a "Grand time"!
Yes, I’m so glad you got to come visit!! It was so nice meeting you!

When I realized we got the renovated suite I was expecting Mary poppins. I was so shocked by the gorgeous Princess mural.

Yes, I’m so glad you got to come visit!! It was so nice meeting you!

When I realized we got the renovated suite I was expecting Mary poppins. I was so shocked by the gorgeous Princess mural.
That suite...OMG! I was blown away! I mean, the Boca Chica remodel in itself is beautiful, but your suite...just WOW!!!
Lovely to meet you and some of your family as well.

Back in November we were lucky enough to stay at the newly renovated 2 bedroom suite in Boca Chica thanks to a friend I met on here who became more like family.

This was a once in a lifetime experience. The suite breaks away from the Mary Poppins theme, and has a Princess theme. A few standout details: the guest room had the most amazing Princess wall mural, and the headboard in the master bedroom had the birds from Cinderella! The view from this suite is stunning in itself, though that is not new for this suite. Castle and firework views. Simply gorgeous. I’ll share pics in a few messages, since it’ll only let me attach 10 at a time.

Thank you so much for sharing! This room is stunning!!! I'm actually happy to see they did something other than Mary Poppins with the theming; I think it's nice to make the suites different since they are special. I wonder if the suites in the main building will also have princess themes when they are redone, or maybe each suite will have a different theme? They did a great job on this room for sure!

Thank you so much for sharing! This room is stunning!!! I'm actually happy to see they did something other than Mary Poppins with the theming; I think it's nice to make the suites different since they are special. I wonder if the suites in the main building will also have princess themes when they are redone, or maybe each suite will have a different theme? They did a great job on this room for sure!
… they certainly did. My jaw hit the floor when we opened the door. I knew it was going to be special, but they really outdid themselves.

Amazing view and trip- I don’t think I’ll ever get over how special this was!
Wow thanks for sharing the wonderful pics! We are staying in a one bedroom outer building suite in November and can’t wait to see the new look. I thought pics/videos of the current rooms looked amazing but these are stunning. Love the window seat table!

Wow thanks for sharing the wonderful pics! We are staying in a one bedroom outer building suite in November and can’t wait to see the new look. I thought pics/videos of the current rooms looked amazing but these are stunning. Love the window seat table!
Definitely request a renovated building! And then post pictures! I wonder if all of the sweets will be princess themed or if somebody else mentioned they might all have something a little different. I was very much expecting Mary Poppins, but was pleasantly surprised.

We were lucky that a friend who was hosting a convention was able to assign the room to us. The table at the window was beautiful though my son would sit there and color each morning as we were getting ready with views of the contemporary right behind him.

… they certainly did. My jaw hit the floor when we opened the door. I knew it was going to be special, but they really outdid themselves.
Oh, MommyMouse143, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and lovely photos of your stay in that gorgeous suite! I am still smiling. It must have been that little cloud of pixie dust emanating from your posts!
:cloud9:

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I have been loving perusing these forums and seeing all of the lovely photos. I'm so sorry if this has been asked before, but is Big Pine Key only for DVC members? I requested Big Pine Key for my upcoming stay. I'm booked in a garden view outer building standard room. Is requested Big Pine Key my best best for the most renovated rooms? Or should I select another outer building? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I have been loving perusing these forums and seeing all of the lovely photos. I'm so sorry if this has been asked before, but is Big Pine Key only for DVC members? I requested Big Pine Key for my upcoming stay. I'm booked in a garden view outer building standard room. Is requested Big Pine Key my best best for the most renovated rooms? Or should I select another outer building? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!
You will not be placed in Big Pine Key, as it’s a DVC only building. However, Boca Chica is right next to it and was just renovated! Good luck and enjoy!

*Also, just wanted to add :welcome:

Last edited:
Ask for Boca Chica, BPK is a different room category.

Good luck 🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter