Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

If the pathway to the Poly is closed, how would you get there for an ADR from the GF? I booked Kona for our first night for the convenience but not sure how convenient it will be without the walkway. Would we go to the TTC and walk? Thoughts?
Yes, monorail to the TTC and then walk. Or, you could boat from the GF to MK and then boat to the Poly. Note - sometimes boats from the MK stop first at GF and then go on to the Poly. You might be lucky and catch a ride straight from the GF to the Poly.

Getting excited, this upcoming week we will be booking our dining for August.

By then we are hoping to get some of below that is if they are available for booking.

Whispering canyon
Le Celar/ California grill
Mexico in Epcot
Rolands Irish Pub Disney Springs
Crystal Palace/ Tony's
Rainforest

After having a rather not happy experience at Narcooossee's, we decided to not eat there this vacation.
(Everyone's experience is different here, and I respect others who enjoy dining here, just personal preference).

Wish us luck.
So sorry you had a bad experience at Narcoossee's! We love that restaurant, but I know that a bad experience can happen anywhere because we've definitely had some at other restaurants! Good luck with your reservations! It's hard to get everything right now, but I hope that will get easier with more restaurants opening! We got lucky on a lunch reservation at Skipper Canteen in MK our last trip, and we really liked it...had never eaten there before, but definitely will again! It was such a nice escape from the hot park and the food was really good!

Yes, monorail to the TTC and then walk. Or, you could boat from the GF to MK and then boat to the Poly. Note - sometimes boats from the MK stop first at GF and then go on to the Poly. You might be lucky and catch a ride straight from the GF to the Poly.
Thank you. Any idea about how long that trip would take - GF to TTC to Poly? Just trying to get an idea of how much time I should allow.

So sorry you had a bad experience at Narcoossee's! We love that restaurant, but I know that a bad experience can happen anywhere because we've definitely had some at other restaurants! Good luck with your reservations! It's hard to get everything right now, but I hope that will get easier with more restaurants opening! We got lucky on a lunch reservation at Skipper Canteen in MK our last trip, and we really liked it...had never eaten there before, but definitely will again! It was such a nice escape from the hot park and the food was really good!
We are there a couple of years ago. Funny because I never really noticed it. But, it was a great experience and a good meal.

Hey all. We've booked our first stay at Grand Floridian for late September. Years (decades?) ago, I remember standing outside Magic Kingdom one night with my wife and kids and seeing Grand Floridian across the lake and thinking we might stay there someday. And here we are. Anyway, I'll probably have a few questions for the group, and the first is can we walk to Magic Kingdom or do we need to take a monorail/boat? If we can walk, how long does it take?

On edit, another question occurred to me. We booked outer building/lagoon view. Any recommendations on room requests? I'd like to have a room with a balcony. Do some buildings have better view than others?

Thanks!

Hey all. We've booked our first stay at Grand Floridian for late September. Years (decades?) ago, I remember standing outside Magic Kingdom one night with my wife and kids and seeing Grand Floridian across the lake and thinking we might stay there someday. And here we are. Anyway, I'll probably have a few questions for the group, and the first is can we walk to Magic Kingdom or do we need to take a monorail/boat? If we can walk, how long does it take?

On edit, another question occurred to me. We booked outer building/lagoon view. Any recommendations on room requests? I'd like to have a room with a balcony. Do some buildings have better view than others?

Thanks!

You can definitely walk to Magic Kingdom! A walkway has been added, which makes it extremely convenient to get right to Magic Kingdom. Walking time depends on you and your pace. We’ve made it in 10, but have strolled and enjoyed the views, and took a bit longer. As far as room views/locations, there are definitely better views than others, just depends what is important to you and where you want to be close to/see. I’ll attach a map of the property so you can get an idea of the layout and see what would work best for you and your family. Also, all rooms have a balcony or patio. Some balconies are enclosed, some open. I’ll also attach pictures for reference. Hope that helps 🙂

Open Balconies

Enlosed Balcony

4101B262-09FB-49FC-B176-4F87ABEE9178.jpeg

Walkway video:

Last edited:
It’s Monday so why not discuss bathrooms at the Grand.

Arrival and going home day it’s important to know your options!

Lobby 1st floor: enter from front and on the left wall/almost corner is a set. The 2nd set is back by the restaurants, again on your left past Sandy Cove Sundries but before Grand Cafe.
2nd floor there is one over by Citricos which is in between getting off the Golden elevator and heading left off it and Citricos.

Both pools have bathrooms available . The beach pool also has showers with towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and blow dryers. However the showers are temporarily closed.

There is a smallish round building near Big Pine Key , it’s called the Summer House. There are public bathrooms on the outside that I have always found unlocked.

If near DVC or walking back from Poly there are bathrooms at the Spa/Gym building, You may need MB to access after hours.

Last as you are heading to poly on the pathway there are bathrooms at the wedding chapel which is on your right side. You have to head for the entrance of the building then go left , around the corner and they are there on your right. Basically on the left wall of the building are the doors, short version.

Hope I got em all! Sadly RPC and SL do not have bathrooms so this may be handy for cl stays as well.

Last edited:
The family and I will be staying a couple nights at the GF Villas in Aug. My mother-in-law may not be joining us in the parks, so she's looking for relaxing places at the resort where she can hang out. Where are your favorite spots?

The family and I will be staying a couple nights at the GF Villas in Aug. My mother-in-law may not be joining us in the parks, so she's looking for relaxing places at the resort where she can hang out. Where are your favorite spots?
There are scattered seating areas on both 1 and 2 floor of lobby to keep cool.

Outside in front of Gaspies there are tables n chairs.

Each building has seating in their lobby's. You can visit all the buildings. It is fun to see what views are from each building.

Beach has nice seating too.

Dont forget she can ride the mono full circle just to enjoy the view. I also take the boat from gf just for a ride. Those are all free and fun things to do by yourself.

I have had trips with DD where she arrives later than me. I love exploring gf! Just to have time to check out the old car parked out front is a nice thing too.

Oh Enchanted Rose is nice too. I popped in by myself one trip and had a drink. You can get a non alcoholic drink as well. They have a few appetizers after 5p.

SHe can also mobile order herself a cupcake etc from GGG. So many ways to enjoy a nice day at GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter